Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Having HoX Trouble

Doesn't the secondary/splash damage from PoIF divide across all targets it hits? So the more targets you hit, the less damage per target?

That's why most HoXes avoided the Reaching Flames and Unleashed Power feats when last I played (that and because PoIF hit through walls, which made places like Atzel's ............. fun! ).

If so, that'd explain why you guys might get different size hits at range: one of you might have clipped extra targets.

Some straw men be livin' on borrowed time...
    Last edited by Prima; 21st March 2013 at 21:55.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

It hits the primary target for full damage and the other targets for much less.

Unleashed Power is for root since you need the +4m range or it's useless and fear is pretty much useless (very situation depended) and stun is easily avoided so get boosted root or pretty much zero CCs in PvP.

I think the biggest problem with the hox, all of the input for the class came from PVE players. I find all of the changes PVE based in nature leaving PVP players to find 1 build to use, posession CoA snooze fest.

It is really annoying that I have to give up the class I loved because players didn't consider both sides of the coin when inputing the changes to developers many year ago.

Compound that with the AA system the HoX is a boring, skill rotation class that you would find in game like WoW.

Wanna make the hox viable, do away with these cast timers that make a hox a sitting duck if he isnt using scripts.
    Last edited by Utogi; 23rd March 2013 at 03:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Utogi View Post
    I think the biggest problem with the hox, all of the input for the class came from PVE players. I find all of the changes PVE based in nature leaving PVP players to find 1 build to use, posession CoA snooze fest.

It is really annoying that I have to give up the class I loved because players didn't consider both sides of the coin when inputing the changes to developers many year ago.

Compound that with the AA system the HoX is a boring, skill rotation class that you would find in game like WoW.

Wanna make the hox viable, do away with these cast timers that make a hox a sitting duck if he isnt using scripts.
    Log onto the Testlive forums. 90 % of the Hox changes are asked there by pvp-players. The thing is for most pvp balance means 1 vs 1 with is utter ridiculous as you can achieve this only by having mirror classes. We pve-players are mostly concerned how changes will effect our dungeon and raid performance.

Getting rid of instant cc needed some time to get adjusted to. Made some fights a pit harder General, Chatha, Keeper, Toth that Vanir in HOC... It is still very much doable, however now a nice lag-spike can ruin your day pretty easily.

At least for me if you are killed in pvp, you just rez and return to the fray (not even needed to use a self-rezz) If I die in pve and I have a crucial position in the raid, the raid might fail and the blood of 23 other peeps might be on my hands.

There will never be a complete balance of classes and what I see pvp players asked the most is a shortening of combos. For me long combos and the associated animations are an essential part of what playing a hox feels like. If you shorten the animations the damage will be adjusted as well.

Beside there is one valid specc. according to you for pvp (Poss/Gen) and two for pve (Avatar/Poss and Poss/Avatar with the minus hate/hate dumb from Gen.) However, didn`t that Edwardus guy absolutely wreak havoc in wolf gear in an Avatar/something specc.?
    So why it might be harder to pull of, I´m sure that this is also a viable specc in a pvp-group enviroment.

Edit: What cast timers are you talking about the damage boosts from Demon Maw, Exultation, the morph or our awesome two long cast spells Flame Leash and Tox? You have plenty of combos in between which can also be pre-loaded.
    Last edited by Azanath1979; 23rd March 2013 at 11:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Utogi View Post
    PvP side with Heralds of Xotli is fine.
    There are two viable combinations of trees: Avatar/possession and possession/general, and a ton of tweaks to implement in them. AA-wise, I prefer RSoX in PvP only because of the self-resurrection at the flag and extra protection and armor. Some people use the double charge, I intend to check the skulls and Hellstrikes.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

I've deleted my 80 and moving on to a OP class. I loved the HoX but as it right now with all off the changes being inputed by trolls of other class, the HoX will never be the same.

Some of it isn't even the HoX, it is the buffs already OP classes got that make the HoX less likely to get played.
    Last edited by Utogi; 26th March 2013 at 00:02.

Farewell then. You are missing a demanding but yet very fun and rewarding class to play.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

You missed being near the top of the food chain. Your loss.

(http://www.fileden.com/files/2011/3/...picture172.jpg from older forums).
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Its sad to see people leaving this unique class. For me its the most fun class in game from launch. Even tough it had some not needed changes its still great fun to play it.
    And remember playing hox you are part of small band of masochist, and that by it self is rewarding

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast