Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Having HoX Trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Hmmmh, 5/5 in flame lash is pretty useless. So is the mana drain of the fear. If you want to drain mana the mana combo should be much more efficient (and you can actually spec that way, pretty fun against DTs and mages Something like that)

Xolti's vengeance in pvp isn't very usefull aswell since you can't hit enough to make it stack very high and you'll cast Hfb much too often to keep the +1K combat rating on. How much does the Burning Hex hit for ? I doubt it's very high so i'm sure you could spend those points on more usefull stuff.

Don't either skip roots of hell. 50% KB resist when you are morphed is a lot ! You have slow combos so the more CC you can dodge the better. The extended root is pretty usefull in PvP with moving and jumping targets especially with the current sprint revamp where players are sprinting constantly.

My two cent
    I will check that out , heading out for bit..Burning hex is a 0 cast, and it ticks a good bit when you combine it with spitefire , i kind of set on that , specially for Kara Korum PVE
    Last edited by Utogi; 20th March 2013 at 17:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Utogi View Post
    I will check that out , heading out for bit..Burning hex is a 0 cast, and it ticks a good bit when you combine it with spitefire , i kind of set on that , specially for Kara Korum PVE
    You don't dual-spec? One for PVE, one for PVP?
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    You don't dual-spec? One for PVE, one for PVP?
    pvp or die , im mostly dieing atm lol

pvp or die , im mostly dieing atm lol
    Well yeah, you're a HoX!
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

My first HoX in 09 was way more brute force feeling, I am wondering iif that is because now the AA mitigation ?

My first HoX in 09 was way more brute force feeling, I am wondering iif that is because now the AA mitigation ?
    When in 2009 did you leave? Patch 1.05 was a rather epic turning point for the class. Lots of castery love. Possession went from a joke to the only way people played for a long time.

I did play after 1,.05 and did switch to posession, but it still felt a lot more powerful then now. Right now I get killed in 2 seconds flat, and really no time for a 1.5 second DE or AoX case let a lone a cast time on any of the casting spells.

For me the cast times in PVP are what limit the success of the HoX over any other class, and no other class has to have pure player skill win.

Well hox back then was at the top of the food chain. It's not the case now but it is till pretty powerfull. Surviving is the hard part but the killing is rather easy.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Why Burn to death over Motlen Steel Slash ?

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    If you're PVPing, here's a PVP spec to play with: http://goo.gl/FLdFD
    Dear Prima this build is almost ultimate Possesion/General although I would suggest you one recommendation - take 2 points from Spiritual Aegis and put them to Unleashed power it really worth to have it. Also you can have Improved word of comand but it is not as essential... Molten Flash with 2 points worth to get under consideration too. My own build looks like this than http://goo.gl/iACZs

To OP really Possesion/General is way how you can still PvP on HoX
    Last edited by Shiwan; 21st March 2013 at 00:25.
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast