Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shammy Weapons

Get Stonesplitter.
    no idea about set, on crom ppl pug w1 10 times a day or something

Quote Originally Posted by torinach View Post
    I have the Stonesplitter quest Thand, i just havent had the chance to get into a W1 yet...they can be kinda rare in Aussie primetime. Thanks for the reply though.
    Stonesplitter is ridiculously easy to get, but if you really have such trouble getting into raids, then you should totally consider getting the Wolf Rider club - it will take some time to get the tokens, but it has comparable dps to Stonesplitter.

You may also want the Club because of the heal rating bonus - only T3,5 and T4 weapons are better in this regard.

I'm completing my third T3,5/T4 set, yet I'm still using the Club for heal rating - no luck with drops

T1-T3 weapons are useful because of constitution bonus - it comes in handy for some super high-end content if the rest of your gear is not that good.

So if that's not clear yet - Wolf Rider club is the best weapon you can get without raiding

Quote Originally Posted by torinach View Post
    Thanks for the break down, Misiuggah. And for the info that Blues/greens dont apply crits...I didn't realize that but it kinda makes sense
    Only stuff like Fierce Recovery (in most cases you will cast it once a minute), Nature's Blessing (getting to 10 stacks takes 30+ sec) etc. can crit - this means it will happen very rarely. It's different for PoMs for example - they have much more heals that crit and all of them have a high proc rate, which means they crit all the time.
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 21st March 2013 at 08:45.

Club of the Wolf Rider (current version) is definitely better than Stonesplitter imo.

Stonesplitter is of course a very nice blunt to get for free as first blunt, and it has some nice Constitution that CotWR misses.
    CotWR instead adds a good amount of Critical Rating (and definitely imo 92 Critical Rating > 84 CDR) and Heal Rating.

I'd say get both if you can, but definitely CotWR will be more useful.
    Having both, you will use Stonesplitter only when you need the extra Constitution (almost never in raids < T3.5).

Also remember that there are nice blue blunts dropping from Fort Ardashir and Tianan.

And if you are lucky with drops, Grimwrest from Amphitheatre of Karutonia is nearly identical to CotWR.
    Last edited by Calore; 21st March 2013 at 09:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    Also remember that there are nice blue blunts dropping from Fort Ardashir and Tianan.

And if you are lucky with drops, Grimwrest from Amphitheatre of Karutonia is nearly identical to CotWR.
    Those are all quite demanding instances and luck is a douchebag* - Stonesplitter and CotWR are "guaranteed drops"

*even alt BSs in my guild have T4 hammers, while I was not even there when they were dropping...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12