Thread: I like this guy

Default I like this guy

In your AoC game director's letter, you talked about looking forward to the new Conan movie to incorporate elements of it into the game. Moving forward, will there be a focus again on the PvP element of the game?

Absolutely, I have heard a lot of voices crying out for more focus on PvP in Age of Conan. I think that if you have a game that incorporates PvE and PvP, you need to give some love to both. In The Secret World, we have made updates to PvP every time we have made updates to PvE (whether people are happy with the updates is another discussion), and I'd like to get into the same practice on Age of Conan.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/03...c-and-ao-team/

MMORPG.com: Age of Conan is another Funcom title that you will oversee creatively. There is a pretty hardcore fan base for the game. What are you plans for Conan in the upcoming months?

Joel Bylos: I am in the process of taking a look at what has been done by the former team, on both the content *and* the systems side. The priority is Dragon's Spine and the crafting revamp. I am also taking a look at the PvP systems and seeing what can be done to improve things on that end.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainevent View Post
    "I am also taking a look at the PvP systems and seeing what can be done to improve things on that end."
    Removal of software errors (bugs) will solve every last problem in PvP.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

It sounds all great in writing, however, it's been months since an update... and the "crafting revamp" is still hidden in the shadows.

Back to F2P until Mr. Bylos changes my mind.
    Gankaskhan - Currently acquiring the Blossoms set.
    Gank
    1. (Am. slang) To steal in a surreptitious or underhanded manner.
    2. (O.L. slang) To gang up on and frag an opponent in an MPG.
    3. (Am. H-Hop) Character assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by sth4485 View Post
    It sounds all great in writing, however, it's been months since an update... and the "crafting revamp" is still hidden in the shadows.

Back to F2P until Mr. Bylos changes my mind.
    staying F2P wont speed process, more money for funcom, more employees, faster development, if you at least give them some in store item is better than nothing

i thought the same once, but then i though, "i don't want the game to die", so i give them 30euros each 3 months

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    staying F2P wont speed process, more money for funcom, more employees, faster development, if you at least give them some in store item is better than nothing

i thought the same once, but then i though, "i don't want the game to die", so i give them 30euros each 3 months
    I do the same honestly, when ever I decide to come back to play I always resub (I am now). Otherwise it's like assuming the game is fine as is and there is no need of anymore funds for development. I honestly prefer it is developed. It also give something to do to funcom employee and pays some of family bills or booze. Cheers