Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New tanks with amazing agro

Default New tanks with amazing agro

Last weeks I've been playing with new chars (some DTs and Guards) geared with blues or with equipement hidden and shity weapons. My DT is full khitai (i have 18,6 crit 20ish damage crit and 9% hate, and ibis,...) and they can fight for agro with me. What is happenig? they are not cappable to resist the hits of the bosses but they get a lot of aggro.

Im not a good player but with my gear i think i have to be capable to matain aggro without using irritate and goad in Wing1. But against this new tanks I have to spam irritate and seal of caos or the boss keep targeting this new tanks.

Is something new out there i dont know about? New builts, gear, rotations.

Are talking about juggernaut guards and conqs ?
    Do you use covenant of arms ?
    Do pay attention to your target's shields in order to prioritize you combos ?

Aggro in AoC is build of:
    - Taunts (Irritate, Goad, SoC/retaliation/CoH, hate bonuses on combos) - using them gives mora aggro, whats is kind obvious
    - DPS - more dps = more aggro, also obvious
    - Healing done - more healing done = more agro - important only for DTs
    - Damage taken - more damage taken = more aggro, that's not obvious and reason why bad geared or low mitigation speced soldiers can lock better geared out
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Are talking about juggernaut guards and conqs ?
    No idea what is juggernaut guards
    Do you use covenant of arms ?
    Yes,
    Do pay attention to your target's shields in order to prioritize you combos ?
    No, im a bad tank i only spam my rotation over an over.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogus View Post
    Aggro in AoC is build of:
    - Taunts (Irritate, Goad, SoC/retaliation/CoH, hate bonuses on combos) - using them gives mora aggro, whats is kind obvious
    - DPS - more dps = more aggro, also obvious
    - Healing done - more healing done = more agro - important only for DTs
    - Damage taken - more damage taken = more aggro, that's not obvious and reason why bad geared or low mitigation speced soldiers can lock better geared out
    So are you saing with "A Soul four oor fest" on i get more agro? intersitng i didnt know. That. And are you saing that the bad gear tanks get more agro because they have less mitigation? intereseting too.

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    So are you saing with "A Soul four oor fest" on i get more agro?
    Yes and no. You get more some threat from that healing that comes from increased healing taps (if you lost health to have something to heal), but same way you may lose some aggro because SFoF may have lower hate bonus or dps than other combo you could use instead. Fortunately even if hate bonus on SFoF seems to be low and healing increase isn't high, but it has good dps, high crit chance and hitting different side than LL and BfA, so it's nice to use now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    And are you saing that the bad gear tanks get more agro because they have less mitigation? intereseting too.
    If you allow them take too much damage then yes. Bad gear and low mitigation don't generate any aggro if you don't get hit ofc.
    Last edited by bogus; 19th March 2013 at 09:36.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

A juggernaut guard is a guard weilding a sword and a shield.

I was asking that because juggs and conqs do not rely on gear as much as dts.
    So basically, you can outgear a jugg and the guy might still have better aggro, maybe because he's sharper, or more aggressive.

You just need to play more, and learn how your combos behave damages output wise according to your opponent's shields.
    Even though as dt you rely less on your combos inner threat than the other tanks, it is still a mandatory knowledge for any class using combos.

if you have a close to full khitai sett you can basicaly tank t1 and t2 in dps specc in most pugs today. Putt some points in impd frenzy stance,use armour/hate leggs, tiger chest and some tiger accesories and you should be all ok.
    Another thing, remember when you use seal of chaos, remember to popp martyrdom straight afther, martyrdom is always instacast afther soc, it generates quite mutch aggro, both with more crits and more healing.
    Koraile, dark templar.

Thanks to all for your advices. I've never heard that martyrdom generates agro. I'll include in my rotation then, and ofc i will try to use it always after SoC. I it will sound ridiculous but I stopped using mrtyrdom because I killed myself several times with it.

I'm going to leave here my rotation,:
    1 at first :LL3+ASfoF4+MB2+BfA5 (i only use UB3 if there is not a PoM devufing and necro)
    2 when i have severl VoMs LL5+MB4+BfA5+LL4+MB3+BfA5... (ASfoF when the active one finishes and irritate and SoC if i have to)

And thats it. As allways any advice will be well recived. If a sound sarcastic or something like that I'm sorry my english is not very good.

Pretty sure this guy is trolling and lying right to everyones face.

Since this thread is about the DT class, I've moved it to the DT subsection of the forums.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast