Thread: Gear Question

Default Gear Question

My Guard now has a full set of Last Legion Blue armor. What should be my next goal for improving his armor for soloing in the game? Also which faction offers the best weapons?

Thanks

Do you really need better armour for soloing?

Obviously getting a purple set would be the next step, but doing it solo will take a loooot of time.

i think you should start to do t1 raids (yakhmar, kylikki and vistrix) and eventually the t2 wing 1, so that you can start to learn how to tank...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

For soloying? No plates. Heavy Tiger set or any barb items + polearm + use any of pvp builds form other topic. Double tap forwad for stuns if fighting 1-2 mobs, stagger combo for KD if vs. multiple and you can even go frenzy in cloth. But neutral stance is most cases.

Weapons - for start black kingdom culture or hearald of blight if you have to much gold and want epic. Tos polearm from BRC W1 quest is fun also. Later any raid or even Demontounge from Yellow Priests.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Yep, if you plan to keep soloing (sounds exciting) then totally go for a polearm PvP build and TT gear - that will make everything fast and smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    Yep, if you plan to keep soloing (sounds exciting) then totally go for a polearm PvP build and TT gear - that will make everything fast and smooth.
    Why are the pvp builds with no plate better for soloing?

Quote Originally Posted by CeeTee View Post
    tempest build on feat tree for maximum damage using polearm weapon , you will also have the Storm Strike combo that inflicts lots of damage in aoe, very good agaisnt multiple mobs

for tanking on pve, most guards use sword and shield feated on the juggernaut and general but tempest can qalso work if you know how to do it (dont ask me )

CLICK HERE for a good pve solo build that i use

Quote Originally Posted by CeeTee View Post
    PvP builds usually concentrate on burst dps and CCs (if possible) - that's what you need while playing solo. 80+ level mobs usually have nasty debuffs and hit hard, so you need to disable them or burn quickly.

Tiger heavy set empowers your burst, while the armour difference is not noticeable.