Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ToS PvE Spec help!

key to ToS DPS - dont let a second go by without stormfield being on and never run out of things to cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrefaeli View Post
    why do ppl still waste 5 points in wrath of the serpent ring? i havent feated it since one-shot era.. (patch 1.04)

@Halfdead, power of the serpent ring is an awesome spell that needs to be used in key situations, you cant waste it on a short dmg buff, for PVE better move those points to symbiotic idol.
    I mostly put points there to get down the tree. Either have to waste points in snare resist which is useless for PVE or put them in Faitful of Set, which is nice for healing, but I like the extra damage instead. If I could skip it altogether, I would feat the rest of Symbiotic out. It adds 22.5% base spell damage for 7 seconds, so I generally use it with Aura or Column.

I used to feel that its a bubble and needs to be used like how you said, but in T4, you don't have time to bubble if you pull aggro, so I use it in a rotation for more dps. Don't really play my Tos for much else other than T'ian'an and T4.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

the idea of PotsR is to resist big nukes that would have oneshoted you otherwise (in PVE)

in pvp u can use it to avoid CC's or special circumstances such as when u see a necro spellweaving you can use it and quickly run behind him while he cant nuke/cc u, also to resist other big nukes such as coils of the serpent, tongue of xotli etc...

why Lighting Cast? correct, waste of points.
    why Titanic Storm? correct, waste of points.
    why no Thunder Storm? you should have that, increases damage

why no Force of Lighting? you should have that, quick buff and nice in situations where lots of people are in a small area, i.e. Zodiac nuking. cost only one point and when used properly it can buff quite a many people for short while

Wrath of the Serpent Ring.. short buff, only a few sec but nice to use when Storm Field and Aura are active and then pop the buff and use Coils. channeling time of coils and the duration of the buff is almost same and cooldown is the same too. so use it to buff Coils, makes most sense.

yes you can buff up your DPS a bit more like CK mentioned, but you'll need much higher aggro management, and unless you have a full t4 set your hate decrease will be quite insignificant (with full t4 set including weapons you can get around -6%).
    start working on yellow priest wrists and shoulders.

FUNCOM GIEF MORE HATE DECREASE NAOOO
    Last edited by Barrefaeli; 20th March 2013 at 10:45.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12