Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PVP Revival

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    First off - I do not PvP. So don't get@me ok? But I've seen similar comments made recently like the above regarding PvE as well. The vet players not wanting to take the time or have the patience to deal with the newer/less experienced players.

So it sounds to me like there is a trend - vets not wanting to help the new guys/casual players.

If the attitude/outlook from the vets changed, would this help get more players involved? Forget the gear dependency and imbalance for a second. Because that is something Funcom has to change. But the player base changing their approach is something that can be done now by everyone, which requires no wait time for code to be developed and tested before being implemented.

Does this make sense? Or is this not even a true factor for PvP?
    That wasn't really my point. Looking to save PvP by luring in PvEers would require changing PvP into something that PvEers would enjoy. In doing that, you make it less enjoyable to PvPers. At least the way it is now.

You can't change what people like without a lot of marketing and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    Aoc just simply does not have a healthy population. It's heavily skewed towards vets and due to the huge AA/Gear mountain to even be competitive, the game is not new player friendly, thus many quit as they get to end game content.

Is it ever going to happen? Probably not.
    Hopefully not. Veterans put into the game hours and days to obtain more than others, but their skill is not affected by any AAs or gear much. Put a veteran in a fresh level 80 character, and they will still kill new players. It takes a lot of time to master one's class, and that is what is great about the game!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    It takes a lot of time to master one's class, and that is what is great about the game!
    I still fail to see how you can use this as an argument in favour of the gear / AA gap. If new players already have to deal with a steep learning curve, why make it even more difficult for them by giving vets a huge advantage from character progression (gear and AA)?

[On a side note, I disagree with your assumption regarding the learning curve as well. There are new players who do fantastically well within a number of weeks; shame that they still have to struggle due to a progression system that is heavily skewed towards vets.]
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

I think the balancing only makes sense in minis and any structured PvP.in open world situation the balance is normally tied to the number factor, veteran or non veteran who brings the biggest group is most of the time the winner. I think the big mistake in aa design was to add al these passives buffs, like protection and such. Maybe more active abilities to fill our deck would have been better. Or maybe just have them work for pve only.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post

@ seeker, yes a just a few weeks, about a hundred and four. Just a few...
    Dude i went to bori on an alt beat 5 People With 2 etc etc bin ther done that.But the concept of bori if u ever where in a serious pvp guild at the time it was released(premade,organised pvp guild,siege etc) where pretty short lived.If u dont recall maybe u wherent in a serious guild ore even played the game.People hit 10 then they quit i recall that.So to say bori was major sucessful ur just delusional sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by 14757hiy View Post
    Dude i went to bori on an alt beat 5 People With 2 etc etc bin ther done that.But the concept of bori if u ever where in a serious pvp guild at the time it was released(premade,organised pvp guild,siege etc) where pretty short lived.If u dont recall maybe u wherent in a serious guild ore even played the game.People hit 10 then they quit i recall that.So to say bori was major sucessful ur just delusional sorry...

Am i the only to find hilarious players digging there way to PvP 10 and then stopping ? Is that seriously the argument you are having ? People quitting the game because they have nothing to grind anymore ?!
    The number of players digging there was huge, the number of players moving to PvE servers or RP-PvP servers was hilarious aswell. And know people complain about it.

So no i wasn't in a "serious" guild, never was, never will be. Ego issues bore me too fast, and i don't need gear so bad i'm ready to spend my nights harvesting while exiled on a PvE server.
    Nonetheless i had fun fighting them, had even fun getting ganked by them. I went there, killed some, got killed by some, had fun, fought.

I'm very sorry if serious people in serious guilds didn't have fun there. Maybe it has to do with being serious
    Last edited by Arishanya; 3rd April 2013 at 02:10.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Am i the only to find hilarious players digging there way to PvP 10 and then stopping ? Is that seriously the argument you are having ? People quitting the game because they have nothing to grind anymore ?!
    The number of players digging there was huge, the number of players moving to PvE servers or RP-PvP servers was hilarious aswell. And know people complain about it.

So no i wasn't in a "serious" guild, never was, never will be. Ego issues bore me too fast, and i don't need gear so bad i'm ready to spend my nights harvesting while exiled on a PvE server.
    Nonetheless i had fun fighting them, had even fun getting ganked by them. I went there, killed some, got killed by some, had fun, fought.

I'm very sorry if serious people in serious guilds didn't have fun there. Maybe it has to do with being serious
    By serious i mean organised like the best thing - premade(like when i recall oppesite premade time just dropping(epic fail!).
    Ok then u havent played the game at it best(guild vs guild premade).Dude i dont play this game and i allways played it for fun i even quit for a time like many did when bori where here.U dont get it in the start the fights there where great.Then it died..The pve Guilds werent a big factor sry.Well it was the pvp content Funcom released hence it was a fail..People gave it a chance then they quit.And bori released before farm - tai remember:>..
    Last edited by Arishanya; 3rd April 2013 at 02:11.

First off - I do not PvP. So don't get@me ok? But I've seen similar comments made recently like the above regarding PvE as well. The vet players not wanting to take the time or have the patience to deal with the newer/less experienced players.

So it sounds to me like there is a trend - vets not wanting to help the new guys/casual players.

If the attitude/outlook from the vets changed, would this help get more players involved? Forget the gear dependency and imbalance for a second. Because that is something Funcom has to change. But the player base changing their approach is something that can be done now by everyone, which requires no wait time for code to be developed and tested before being implemented.

Here's what happened the other day. Necro comes into mini game wearing level 12 ring and level 40 gear. I pm him asking if he needs gear, no response. Next mini, he is on my team again, pm him asking if he needs help getting gear. No response. Didn't know how to play the class and we get rolled since technically we are 5v6 with him.

I'm a vet offering help to a newbie and nothing. If the newbies don't want advice and help, it's a waste of time.

admittedly it takes a lot of time to take someone by the hand in the pvp realm because theres lots to handle to be competitive. When i log on i seek competition, having taken the time to reach out a few times it really changes how i spend--to the very least--a few weeks to come. Theres lots of new players with lots to learn, wheres my limit between helping some and helping no one? personally id like to see FC take some initiative and make some quick how-to videos and add em to the in-game guide.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    Here's what happened the other day. Necro comes into mini game wearing level 12 ring and level 40 gear. I pm him asking if he needs gear, no response. Next mini, he is on my team again, pm him asking if he needs help getting gear. No response. Didn't know how to play the class and we get rolled since technically we are 5v6 with him.

I'm a vet offering help to a newbie and nothing. If the newbies don't want advice and help, it's a waste of time.
    That's something I see a lot as well and it drives me nuts - even in pve. On Euro servers the language barrier can be used as an excuse... but with Google translate it's honestly a pretty poor excuse. I mean, I don't even mind using Google translate myself if I have to - but when I don't get a word back in any language and the person has no clue what to do, what am I supposed to do?
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast