Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PVP Revival

i agree with posterman on every point
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Still not much open-world PvP intrest here and again this "bori fever"...
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Still not much open-world PvP intrest here and again this "bori fever"...
    bori destroied pvp by rewarding people farming rocks with pvp xp.
    so will any content rewarding people granting pvp progress by not pvping , your only one refusing reality and claiming bori is awesome fun.

after countless times i tried to go there and expelled farmers or got zerged out my conclusions about bori are same as always:

farmers want to farm and not pvp.

farmers will merge in to most powerfull guilds to farm in peace aka with no pvp.

if your alone or with 1 person fighting a 6man group of farmers after you kill a few or destroy altar they leave zone to avoid pvp.

as a paying custumer i want removal of this idiotic mechanic and have proper pvp systems via duel minigames, guild issued pvp content for open world and buck loads of other pvp content revolving exclusively on murdering other players.

i do not want any pve boss for pvp gain or rock farming for pvp gain.

now go philosophise some more about how good bori is.
    i want that crap out of aoc its not pvp content no matter how much you philosophise about it.
    it is still people farming nodes for pvp xp.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    i feel thats what it is, carebears soothing their khitai gear just so they have a chance to eventually hit pvp 5
    Its gear/pve based game yes if thats what u mean?And the combat got lower so retards can stand still and hit each other.Its looked upon as a pve game and its true.So people playing this game for pvp is either really bad ore hardcore fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan77 View Post
    3) Remove PVE gear from PVP entirely. T1 PVP gear should be free to use without the pvp lvl requirements.
    4) Add more pvp gear (weapons included) of same lvl item badget (for example a BS could go for more CR or armor and heal rating)
    Number 3 alone would make lots of PvPers return to PvP servers. Number 4 would make it awesomer :P

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    bori destroied pvp by rewarding people farming rocks with pvp xp.
    so will any content rewarding people granting pvp progress by not pvping , your only one refusing reality and claiming bori is awesome fun.

after countless times i tried to go there and expelled farmers or got zerged out my conclusions about bori are same as always:

farmers want to farm and not pvp.

farmers will merge in to most powerfull guilds to farm in peace aka with no pvp.

if your alone or with 1 person fighting a 6man group of farmers after you kill a few or destroy altar they leave zone to avoid pvp.

as a paying custumer i want removal of this idiotic mechanic and have proper pvp systems via duel minigames, guild issued pvp content for open world and buck loads of other pvp content revolving exclusively on murdering other players.

i do not want any pve boss for pvp gain or rock farming for pvp gain.

now go philosophise some more about how good bori is.
    i want that crap out of aoc its not pvp content no matter how much you philosophise about it.
    it is still people farming nodes for pvp xp.
    I had two years of intense bori hunting cessions with nearly non stop players in the zone in guild groupes that asked for help when hunted. If you had the stomach to deal with being hunted as a hunter and get to the really demanding part of Bori it was terrific. And still is from time to time. There was nothing more fun than grouping up with a couple of friends, getting tracked down by a horde and getting it in traps.
    That's a fact. That's what happened, while those who weren't able to have a part of the cake (XP wise) was whining, some of us went there and had some epic battles going on. Best times in AoC since kheshatta got guards. Ah yeah, you needed to be in a "i don't give a **** about XP" mood, tough for a lot of players it seems.

Currently the players are as spineless in open-world they are in minis (yay pugs). There's absolutely no diffrence. If you think most players go minis to PvP you have an odd conception of PvP and i can only understand why bori troubles you so much.
    I spent two years barely setting a foot in minigames too occupied hunting with friends. So yeah, i LOVE bori, because I pvped there a LOT. I feel for you if you missed that or didn't have the right mind set to enjoy what was there when it was populated.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Bori is **** come on it shouldent be there in the first place.
    I remember the server i played in when bori was released it was fun the first weeks(alot of guildsfights,drama etc).Then it got so boring people started to quit the game(diehard farming).So bori kinda worked for some weeks bc all the big fights,drama then it ended.I remember guilds from pve server got over and got theyr ass handed to them since they clearly couldent pvp.Why they dident remove bori ore rewamped it totally just show how incompitent fc are on pvp issues.
    Its free xp basically ore pvp points earned on doing pve.
    Leading again game to be more pve orientated.
    And its true.True pvp should be rewarded more.But i agree on the op points.Game need to be more fps style.Not slowed down pve style.

I had two years of intense bori hunting cessions with nearly non stop players in the zone in guild groupes that asked for help when hunted. If you had the stomach to deal with being hunted as a hunter and get to the really demanding part of Bori it was terrific. And still is from time to time. There was nothing more fun than grouping up with a couple of friends, getting tracked down by a horde and getting it in traps.
    That's a fact. That's what happened, while those who weren't able to have a part of the cake (XP wise) was whining, some of us went there and had some epic battles going on. Best times in AoC since kheshatta got guards. Ah yeah, you needed to be in a "i don't give a **** about XP" mood, tough for a lot of players it seems.

Currently the players are as spineless in open-world they are in minis (yay pugs). There's absolutely no diffrence. If you think most players go minis to PvP you have an odd conception of PvP and i can only understand why bori troubles you so much.
    I spent two years barely setting a foot in minigames too occupied hunting with friends. So yeah, i LOVE bori, because I pvped there a LOT. I feel for you if you missed that or didn't have the right mind set to enjoy what was there when it was populated.
    You could have still done all that if the pvp exp/tokens gained from farming rocks was cut by 95%. So people that were doing mini's and pvp'ing in open world were gaining exp almost as quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by di85ll View Post
    You could have still done all that if the pvp exp/tokens gained from farming rocks was cut by 95%. So people that were doing mini's and pvp'ing in open world were gaining exp almost as quickly.
    No because no one would go there anymore since gaining 50 xp per sac is ridiculous. The XP as it is is fine. If you spend as much time in minis as you do in Bori you get approximately the same amount of PvP XP, tokens and AA.

The core of the mechanic is like a capture the flag. You got to take something from one place, and go to an other without dropping it. Sometimes it's super easy there's no need to fight for it. Sometimes it's hard and people leave/give up. Kind of sounds like Premade vs Pugs aye ?

I am dismayed by this focus on XP. No XP, no intrest. I can't understand it. I remembered playing with folks who wouldn't do old world instance and would say stuff like "if only it at least looted some rares or AA". That's what this whole thing makes me think of. Seeing people who bypass 5 boss in T4 to have imba weapons on green geared alts or that have bypassed Argo-Satha for cloaks, criticize bori because "there's no fighting" really troubles me.

@ seeker, yes a just a few weeks, about a hundred and four. Just a few...
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

No because no one would go there anymore since gaining 50 xp per sac is ridiculous. The XP as it is is fine. If you spend as much time in minis as you do in Bori you get approximately the same amount of PvP XP, tokens and AA.

The core of the mechanic is like a capture the flag. You got to take something from one place, and go to an other without dropping it. Sometimes it's super easy there's no need to fight for it. Sometimes it's hard and people leave/give up. Kind of sounds like Premade vs Pugs aye ?

I am dismayed by this focus on XP. No XP, no intrest. I can't understand it. I remembered playing with folks who wouldn't do old world instance and would say stuff like "if only it at least looted some rares or AA". That's what this whole thing makes me think of. Seeing people who bypass 5 boss in T4 to have imba weapons on green geared alts or that have bypassed Argo-Satha for cloaks, criticize bori because "there's no fighting" really troubles me.

@ seeker, yes a just a few weeks, about a hundred and four. Just a few...
    So a group of 12+ players from a big guild goes to bori while no one is there, farms rocks and gets thousands and thousands of pvp exp and buys the strongest gear makes sense to you? btw, since you don't mini, you only get 200exp every 20 minutes; not including que and the time it takes to start the match.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast