Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PVP Revival

Default PVP Revival

Before stating my thoughts on PVP I should say that I m a veteran player on both Fury and Crom, mostly a PVPer.

The situation with PVP in this game has reached a point that needs some changes to be done so that it stays a viable choice and enjoyable for the players

1) PVP needs more minigame maps for 6vs6 or 12vs12
    2) In order to make arenas work you need to make a que like the minigame que for 1vs1,2vs2 and 3vs3 where you can signup with friends. Winnings in the arena should provide both minigame tokens,xp and Bori tokens. Also there could be a public list of achievemts for every 'gladiator'. Spectators should also be enabled
    3) Remove PVE gear from PVP entirely. T1 PVP gear should be free to use without the pvp lvl requirements.
    4) Add more pvp gear (weapons included) of same lvl item badget (for example a BS could go for more CR or armor and heal rating)
    5) Add more PVP rings, necklace and cloaks with different item stats as to give the pvper a variety of options without the need of PVE
    6) Make a class silver AA available from the moment a player hits 80 as to lower the imbalance and help new players.
    7) Remove Bori entirely and guards from PVP servers. Open ground of cimmerian end can be used for guild vs guild open world PVP with modifiers on PVP xp based on deaths of enemies (also a place where only pvp gear can be used so that t4 farming guilds dont get such a huge item based advantage)
    8) For starters allow 2 players to join minigames grouped (friends like to win together or sacrifice together you know)
    9) Buff the xp of every pvp activity so that we dont need 2 years of nolife to get to lvl10
    10) Rebalance CC and CC immunities (KB especially)

PVP needs a fair chance, plx make these things happen! This game doesnt need anymore ''I got T4 gear so I win PVP''
    Last edited by Lycan77; 17th March 2013 at 11:23.

Please make sure to post your suggestions to enhance PvP on this thread so that we can keep them all in one place. I'm sure the dev team reads as much of the forums as they can, but it would help them a lot to have all suggestions in the proper thread.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

I strongly disagree with 6, 9, 10.

10) Rebalance CC and CC immunities (KB especially)
    10. I cannot see major flaws there. Debuff (not CCs, but overall) a bit the brute conqueror class, polearm guardian, conflagration demonologist, and it should be fine.

9) Buff the xp of every pvp activity so that we dont need 2 years of nolife to get to lvl10
    Never! Only progression in PvP keeps me playing my main character. If I were to progress faster, I would not play it anymore. I really love the speed of levelling in PvP (in minigames)!
    I am not sure about open-world XP though: does it bring less experience for kills than in minigames?
    You can always stack your Bori PvP XP books with PvP XP potions if it is your 16th alt.

6) Make a class silver AA available from the moment a player hits 80 as to lower the imbalance and help new players.
    See 9. No, the AA progression is fast, and it is to be kept at the current pace!

I love all your other suggestions though! This are really great! Do not forget visible K/D and other added statistics!
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 18th March 2013 at 06:21.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Strongly agree with all points, but that is just beginning

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    I strongly disagree with 6, 9, 10.

10. I cannot see major flaws there. Debuff (not CCs, but overall) a bit the brute conqueror class, polearm guardian, conflagration demonologist, and it should be fine.

Never! Only progression in PvP keeps me playing my main character. If I were to progress faster, I would not play it anymore. I really love the speed of levelling in PvP (in minigames)!
    I am not sure about open-world XP though: does it bring less experience for kills than in minigames?
    You can always stack your Bori PvP XP books with PvP XP potions if it is your 16th alt.

See 9. No, the AA progression is fast, and it is to be kept at the current pace!

I love all your other suggestions though! This are really great! Do not forget visible K/D and other added statistics!
    It took me nearly 2 and half years to hit pvp 8 and half without bori doing purely open world pvp and mini games.
    So yes the PVP xp needs to increase, it is so broken that you can expect 3-4 years to hit pvp 10 for causal gamers... thats nuts
    Especially when one can hit bori doing PVE and gain pvp xp at rate 10 or 20x faster than doing pvp itself.. that is flawed mechanic.

So increase PVP xp for Minis (kills) and open world TO ENCOURAGE PVP, not to have them do bori(pve). Can you process this information through your head and understand it?

Spartaacus, I have never done Bori, and I am a casual player. The tempo keeps me occupied. You do not have to reach level 10 as fast as possible without any spacious statistics, K/D rating, and various other data as you can be competitive at level 0 and stay interested at level 0 more than at level 10 at the moment.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Spartaacus, I have never done Bori, and I am a casual player. The tempo keeps me occupied. You do not have to reach level 10 as fast as possible without any spacious statistics, K/D rating, and various other data as you can be competitive at level 0 and stay interested at level 0 more than at level 10 at the moment.
    I didnt say you have to reach level 10, the point is people can reach level 10 in matter of months while doing (pve) to gain an extreme amount of AAs/gear advantages over others.

That needs to be changed.

What else?
    PVE gear can provide some times better stats for pvp situation ( otehr than protection) and pve gear is very easy to obtain with no level requirements. In order for casual PvPer to compete at a more fair level, he/she needs atleast pvp mini game gear which needs to be pvp 6-8... and to get there takes years for some.
    That is unabalance.
    That needs to be changed.

What else?
    The current stage of game, there are way too many high pvp levels, their gear/aa overrides their skill so when in mini game, a team with high pvp levels with top gear usually wins (kills) Fresh 80s gets destroyed in pvp especially when you have these pvp 8-10s who are 99% gear 1% skill goes focusing fresh 80s with no gear/aa for quick kill, this is another issue.

How can we better the situation?

Provide more PvP xp for PVP, pvpers do not want to do pve/bori to compete in pvp so don't force them to. By increasing the xp (by alot) players will want to pvp more.

Making separate mini game bracket(suggested years ago) would help fresh 80s.

Rebalance Pve/pvp gear
    Rebalance Classes
    Rebalance CC
    are all needed.

I also agree with general ideas of OP.

Lunatic i can see your point, but even if you play just one char pvp progression is to slow. and if you play more its freaking sloooow...
    Its kind stupid if you are strictly pvp player who dont care about pve at all to be forced to do grinding so you could be competitive.

I have 8 chars that i curently do pvp with. One is fresh sin in blue gear and 2 lvl 4 with blue weapons (ranger and necro). If i want to have really nice weapons for them i at least have to be lvl 8. Lvl 5 is so so except for sin offhand. And getting 3 chars to lvl 8 without bori takes to much time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    Please make sure to post your suggestions to enhance PvP on this thread so that we can keep them all in one place. I'm sure the dev team reads as much of the forums as they can, but it would help them a lot to have all suggestions in the proper thread.
    personally i have avoided putting my sugestions in the suggestion thread solely because it would be considered spam: too many suggestions. eagerly waiting different pvp suggestion threads.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    Strongly agree with all points, but that is just beginning
    ^

yeh

need an official thread for the whole lot

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast