Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: PLEASE adjust Stall the Advance in PvP

You think it's cool that soldiers can survive the burst of all other classes while one shotting them back with their own burst? kay. I'm exaggerating a little of course but still.
    Last edited by kalston; 18th March 2013 at 12:56.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Damage and crit has gotten ridiculous
    Thats y Conq revamp had retributive damage in Brute tree and dependence on crit in Carnage tree

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkiller View Post
    No
    What u guys want is that every class should fall like a pack of cards infront of ur damage
    U spam Crit and damage and want to kill every class in seconds
    ^ This is y Soldiers depend on retributive damage for survival
    It is not the Guardian killing u but UR OWN DAMAGE
    Soldiers depend on retributive damage for survival? Why than guard that use counterweight can also survive a lot, couple players bash on him and he can still run away. Now give him retributive dmg so he can kill someone in process of running away...
    I play a lot chars in this game and i never defend silly abilities they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyy View Post
    Ppl like Spaartacus posting are barbs who don't get the "bug" where the retal damage hits you for 3k+ instantly because of their combo types. As a sin it's way too hard to kill a guard with a fresh sta up to drop flag or whatever. They can pop it during a grim corr or whatever, the smart ones wait until you're mid combo then pop it for an instant 3k+ damage then they can sit in frenzy and **** you while you have to kite around white hitting.
    This is coming from someone who is geared up the butthole, running around mini games focusing easy kills (and my fresh 80 sin.. smh did it make you feel good 1 shoting my sin and fan it lol?) You run around at insane speed 1-2shotting almost anything below heavy armor. Then you have the guts to come here complain about idk maybe 1 or 2 guardian who uses stall the advance because you just had to focus that guardian since all other players were already 1-2shotted by you ehy?

My point isnt about whether STA work or not, but rather it dosnt make much factor in current pvp. You'll die like idk, maybe 1-2twice per 10 mini game from a noob guardian who uses STA? Is that something thats so game breaking? That needs immediate attention? My point is, again this STA issue is not as important to be need the devs to spend time and changing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartaacus View Post
    This is coming from someone who is geared up the butthole, running around mini games focusing easy kills (and my fresh 80 sin.. smh did it make you feel good 1 shoting my sin and fan it lol?) You run around at insane speed 1-2shotting almost anything below heavy armor. Then you have the guts to come here complain about idk maybe 1 or 2 guardian who uses stall the advance because you just had to focus that guardian since all other players were already 1-2shotted by you ehy?

My point isnt about whether STA work or not, but rather it dosnt make much factor in current pvp. You'll die like idk, maybe 1-2twice per 10 mini game from a noob guardian who uses STA? Is that something thats so game breaking? That needs immediate attention? My point is, again this STA issue is not as important to be need the devs to spend time and changing it.
    If you have a Sin or Demo on Tyranny we should go on so I can show you how ridiculous it is :P It's really not a factor on a barb which applies no debuffs ever (except maybe stag blow if you use it), but it really makes attacking a Guardian instant death on a few classes. And yeah, it usually is a flagbot like Sookil using it, which makes winning minis even harder when you can't even attack them.

I've had to clean this thread up a bit - keep the discussion constructive and I'll keep the thread open. If you start flaming/trolling each other again, it's getting shut down and infractions will be handed out with ease.

You are all entitled to your opinions on if StA needs modification, but don't make it personal.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Balacai View Post
    If you have a Sin or Demo on Tyranny we should go on so I can show you how ridiculous it is :P It's really not a factor on a barb which applies no debuffs ever (except maybe stag blow if you use it), but it really makes attacking a Guardian instant death on a few classes. And yeah, it usually is a flagbot like Sookil using it, which makes winning minis even harder when you can't even attack them.
    I maybe do, but yes i've seen the bug dmg before. It is very "BS" but it usually only kills me once or so in about 20minis where i notice a sudden 2-3k instant dmg from a guardian...
    And stop telling me its not factor for barb, I hardly even play barb anymore, i have plenty of alts you just don't know the names ha.
    So yes, only flagbots or bad guards usually have STA perk and I guess its a reason to get annoyed since you need to kill the flagbot, but honestly its not that big of an issue that is where im trying to get at.
    Theres so much more important issues to be focused on, STA is really only limited to a small factor, maybe in an almost balanced Conan do we really all need to bring STA to attention right now it is not like sta is another Bloody Vengence/PI/DWW...
    You get what im saying?

Stall the advance is a broken BUG but it is not an important issue for Devs at the moment.

Edited by Arishanya to remove off topic comments.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 18th March 2013 at 18:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartaacus View Post
    I maybe do, but yes i've seen the bug dmg before. It is very "BS" but it usually only kills me once or so in about 20minis where i notice a sudden 2-3k instant dmg from a guardian...
    And stop telling me its not factor for barb, I hardly even play barb anymore, i have plenty of alts you just don't know the names ha.
    So yes, only flagbots or bad guards usually have STA perk and I guess its a reason to get annoyed since you need to kill the flagbot, but honestly its not that big of an issue that is where im trying to get at.
    Theres so much more important issues to be focused on, STA is really only limited to a small factor, maybe in an almost balanced Conan do we really all need to bring STA to attention right now it is not like sta is another Bloody Vengence/PI/DWW...
    You get what im saying?
    There's not really much else that bothers me as far as PvP balance for class abilities. There are cheesy things but without them classes would be lacking, like a Sin without DWW. I see all classes top kills depending on how good they play (and gear of course, which is a whole other topic). Abilities that stick out so sorely like StA, that do 3k-4k damage instantly when you attack a Guardian, ON TOP of +50 damage deflection for a minimum of 6 seconds and UP TO a minute, SHOULD be focused on for a quick fix. It would be as easy as making the retal damage only proc a maximum of once per second per target. I don't think the devs would have to spend weeks fixing it, but it's worth tweaking.

BTW, StA is only a 1min 45s cooldown, so it can blow you up many times per minigame. And I dunno when or what char you play now, but I see Guards using it pretty often.

Quote Originally Posted by Balacai View Post
    There's not really much else that bothers me as far as PvP balance for class abilities. There are cheesy things but without them classes would be lacking, like a Sin without DWW. I see all classes top kills depending on how good they play (and gear of course, which is a whole other topic). Abilities that stick out so sorely like StA, that do 3k-4k damage instantly when you attack a Guardian, ON TOP of +50 damage deflection for a minimum of 6 seconds and UP TO a minute, SHOULD be focused on for a quick fix. It would be as easy as making the retal damage only proc a maximum of once per second per target. I don't think the devs would have to spend weeks fixing it, but it's worth tweaking.

BTW, StA is only a 1min 45s cooldown, so it can blow you up many times per minigame. And I dunno when or what char you play now, but I see Guards using it pretty often.
    Anyway cheesy ablities are NOT needed, it dosnt break a class.
    DWW for example is not needed at all consider theres so much you can do with GC and SDS, I do fairly decent and standout on my pvp 1 sin that just hit 80 2days ago with 0 aas and fresh blues no purple nothing, I do not have dww or gb spec'd and honestly it forces you to play better, I only have 5k hp lol so 1 CW from guardian can almost 1shot me..

Also Class balancing is still an issue, you might not see much at the moment mainly due to the fact we're all so use to it and everyone has gear/aa to make up. But at the same time Gear/AA also creates another unbalance, if Gear AA are ever to be balanced, classes would then need to be rebalanced. So these two are connected you can't change one without the other or else it will just be fail.

[Text moderated by Arishanya. Please remember that questioning moderation on the forums is not allowed. Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums.]
    Last edited by Arishanya; 18th March 2013 at 20:38.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast