Thread: Screen Flickering Problem

Default Screen Flickering Problem

For some reason I get bouts of screen flickering at times while playing this game, especially after loading an instance . I have an nvidia video card with the latest drivers and direct-x. This is a Windows7 64 machine. Is there a known fix for this?
    Last edited by CeeTee; 16th March 2013 at 23:37.

Probably something with the settings in game or Nvidia Control Panel or could be a sign of a failing power supply or bad RAM.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Would help to know which card it is from nvidia as there are few different ones.
    Also other specs wouldn't hurt to figure this out.
    Just without any real knowledge of your specs first thing that comes to my mind is that you have some sli-setup there and it causes the flickering. Other than that i would figure it's a heating problem with your nvidia's memory/gpu.

Could be your monitor. Samsung Syncmaster's are known for screen flickering after 3+ years. All ya gotta do is replace the capacitors ($10w/shipping) and boom.. refurbished monitor 'like new'.
    Gankaskhan - Currently acquiring the Blossoms set.
    Gank
    1. (Am. slang) To steal in a surreptitious or underhanded manner.
    2. (O.L. slang) To gang up on and frag an opponent in an MPG.
    3. (Am. H-Hop) Character assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by blutti View Post
    Would help to know which card it is from nvidia as there are few different ones.
    Also other specs wouldn't hurt to figure this out.
    Just without any real knowledge of your specs first thing that comes to my mind is that you have some sli-setup there and it causes the flickering. Other than that i would figure it's a heating problem with your nvidia's memory/gpu.
    Its a Gforce GTX 295 and the monitor is a viewsonic. I do remember having a similar problem when I played this game in the past. It was fixed by toggling something off in the card settings but I cant remember what that was.

Quote Originally Posted by CeeTee View Post
    Its a Gforce GTX 295 and the monitor is a viewsonic. I do remember having a similar problem when I played this game in the past. It was fixed by toggling something off in the card settings but I cant remember what that was.
    Well that's it then just disable the sli on your gtx 295 and you should be good.

Well that's it then just disable the sli on your gtx 295 and you should be good.
    Ahh yes, I remember this with my 295. I used a setting on nHancer back then to fix the flickering with SLI. Not sure if that program is still supported though. If it is, I can tell you which setting will stop the flickering.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Yeah, that was the problem. I just disabled SLI and all is fine. Thanks guys

Ah, the good old Dreamworld doesn't work with SLI/Crossfire problem