Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This amazing game has one major flaw.

Default This amazing game has one major flaw.

Hey guys, im an AOC newbie, been playing for about 3 weeks and i can tell you ive not had this much fun in an MMO since way back in good ol days of Vanilla Wow. Since ending my sub on wow 5 months ago ive tried Many mmos which have just either bored me to tears or were just rubbish. I absolutely love this game but plz Devs can u fix this lag issue. Reason being is a load of my mates in my BF3 clan are gonna give this game a try in comming weeks but i know for a fact, slightest lag spike and thhey will go 'wtf' is it with the lag and wont play because of it. So for my sake cos it gives me pals to play with and urs, more customers...fix the LAG!!! Asap.
    Last edited by Hollastar; 16th March 2013 at 09:28.

Well currently the lag is worse than on some other times but aoc has never been free from the lag. It's very different experience from any other mmo i have tried. In aoc you mostly get used to it. It would be a sheer miracle if they would fix the lag ever after all this time. Sure we all hope they would make it less laggy again but that's about the best we can hope for.
    Also as you are new player you might experience the hard drive lag as lag ...it's those minor freezes. For that you should get ssd. It's so much better to play aoc from ssd and it'll also cut the loading times down 3/5.
    What you also might find your friends strugle is the game crashing with nvidia 600-series. There's currently nothing you can do about it so hope for a fix to that as well.
    Even with all that the game is the best one out there so hope you and your friends enjoy it.

I thought about reinstalling the game on my SSD, but i know these spikes are internet related. I will get 5 red bars for about 2-3 seconds which will go up to around 4.5k latency then drop back down to around 80ms. Me personally im ok with it, i can live with it. Especially with a game this good but this in long term, many new player will deem this unacceptable and funcom will loose a lot of potential customers.

Lag has always been one of the major problems of AoC which is unfortunate. I really hope they would also fix this issue finally. It would give alot better first impression for the new players.

On a new client the game will download resources from servers, this will happen the first time you enter a zone, dungeon etc. You will notice this when the client completly freezes for a few seconds.

You can limit it by forcing the client to download everything in the patcher, but it's impossible to completly remove it, some resources will be downloaded when you encounter them ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by paulson View Post
    On a new client the game will download resources from servers, this will happen the first time you enter a zone, dungeon etc. You will notice this when the client completly freezes for a few seconds.

You can limit it by forcing the client to download everything in the patcher, but it's impossible to completly remove it, some resources will be downloaded when you encounter them ingame.
    This^

Scenario 1: You encounter a player in open world pvp, he has some armour your rdb doesnt have, the client freezes while it downloads, you un-freeze and you are dead.

Scenario 2: You go into a raid instance and your client freezes for 10 minutes while stuff is downloaded.

Your connection speed is irrelevant as the download source is blisteringly slow at getting the data to you. You cant remove this freeze effect, you get it every time you encounter something new.

All I can suggest is after you played the game for a month or 2 back up your game directory on a separate drive in case something goes wrong and you need to reinstall.

Smile

I've uninstalled and reinstalled many times..but since I got my windows 8 on a ssd and aoc on another ssd my lag time is barely there.yes after first install when I go to a new area it does take alittle longer to load but nothing like a harddrive.I've been in many raids and when others are crashing and lagging hard I'm mostly fine.aoc can be very demanding on you pc..sometimes more is better..graphics wise..video cards like to work. .too little is just as bad as too much..gotta get the right settings. .remember lag can com from many different things especially with aoc.

Answer to title of thread:
    Only one? :P
    AFJ still owner of Caelnach
    Jimmies status:
    [ ]Not Rustled
    [x]Rustled

I get very little lag on a 5 year old computer with a new ssd and a good connection.

there's also a bug in Windows mode where aoc isn't recognized as being in the foreground. this gives perceived lag. I remedy this by pressing the Windows key and clicking on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    I get very little lag on a 5 year old computer with a new ssd and a good connection.

there's also a bug in Windows mode where aoc isn't recognized as being in the foreground. this gives perceived lag. I remedy this by pressing the Windows key and clicking on the game.
    Also solvable to minimize + maximize the window if you play in windowed mode
    AFJ still owner of Caelnach
    Jimmies status:
    [ ]Not Rustled
    [x]Rustled

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast