Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talisman DPS Build?

Default Talisman DPS Build?

So I've been leveling with a mostly depravity tank build but was just curious about a possible Talisman wielding Desecration build...my guess is that the talisman use is low because of its lack of protection and thus squishiness...but lets say I want to use a talisman...does anyone have a potential build they'd like to share for such an occasion?

tomoro morning, on the other thread.

yeah, same here

Im really just following this build (i've just reached level 50). It works, although there can easily be some real hairpulling moments (especially with ranged mobs).

As a secondary build, i use this as a blueprint, with focus on tanking (some quests are just impossible in DPS spec). The Destiny quest in particular is utterly impossible to do (at least for me) as a Talisman build. Killing the blood demon or whatsitsname (level 30 destiny quest), he wiped the floor with me twice without even breaking a sweat. Switched to a Depravity build (and a shield i keep in my backpack just for this), and i beat him silly on the first attempt.

The actual spec im running now looks like this.

I've used tips from this thread, as the only thing one finds in here is people arguing over what spec is best for PvP, hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Placid View Post
    yeah, same here

Im really just following this build (i've just reached level 50). It works, although there can easily be some real hairpulling moments (especially with ranged mobs).

As a secondary build, i use this as a blueprint, with focus on tanking (some quests are just impossible in DPS spec). The Destiny quest in particular is utterly impossible to do (at least for me) as a Talisman build. Killing the blood demon or whatsitsname (level 30 destiny quest), he wiped the floor with me twice without even breaking a sweat. Switched to a Depravity build (and a shield i keep in my backpack just for this), and i beat him silly on the first attempt.

The actual spec im running now looks like this.

I've used tips from this thread, as the only thing one finds in here is people arguing over what spec is best for PvP, hehe
    u know u need click stone @ blood demon 75/50/25% right? never had problem with that dude in any spec on any class i lvled:x

@ your specs i would switch some points around TOD is pretty bad damage wise last time i test it. better put those in +crit chance for your BFA combos and 1 point in blightes soul extra aoe proc never hurts.(yes you still go for tod when higher lvl but when need to choose between tod or crit on bfa i chose bfa)

Also im not sure if the amounts of points u need put in dep tree now is worth it for a DPS dt to get soul barier to many useless feat in that start tree now stamnia is well useless

i would go for a classic full desc/general tree. http://goo.gl/VrQ5y

on low lvl the +weap damage not so good on higher lvl having a total weap increase of permanent 30 and spell active 95% is pretty decent imho.

mayb more active DPS dt can give better tips regarding go general or dep.

PS Sidar has updated his thread with 2 nice builds and some explanation worth to read!
    Last edited by Skant; 21st March 2013 at 14:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Skant View Post
    u know u need click stone @ blood demon 75/50/25% right? never had problem with that dude in any spec on any class i lvled:x
    I know, but i never got him below 50 percent health before he killed me With the Depravity build, i dont think he ever got me below 75 percent health, hehe.

@ your specs i would switch some points around TOD is pretty bad damage wise last time i test it. better put those in +crit chance for your BFA combos and 1 point in blightes soul extra aoe proc never hurts.(yes you still go for tod when higher lvl but when need to choose between tod or crit on bfa i chose bfa)
    Im a newbie, i dont really have a clue what im doing, hehe. Now level 57 and rising

Also, i really suck at the abbreviations, TOD = Touch of Death, and BFA i imagine is the Blood For Aid combo ? (my main damage skill, or at least, my opener. I generally use it as often as i can).

I think i'll respec once the servers come back, very good suggestions, thank you

Also im not sure if the amounts of points u need put in dep tree now is worth it for a DPS dt to get soul barier to many useless feat in that start tree now stamnia is well useless
    Dont ask me, hehe. All i've put in there is 5 points into Devouring touch for a health tap (dont even know if its working to be honest). I also use Life Leech heavily (try to make sure its always up).

My rotation is something like : BFA - LL - ES/BES - UB - ASFoF (or something like that). Generally only use the first 3 or 4 when grinding levels, only use the full range on bosses.

i would go for a classic full desc/general tree. http://goo.gl/pm9fg
    Unless my computer is fritzing out on me, thats a link to a "standard" Desc / Dep build ?

on low lvl the +weap damage not so good on higher lvl having a total weap increase of permanent 30 and spell active 95% is pretty decent imho.

mayb more active DPS dt can give better tips regarding go general or dep.
    Yeah, another major problem is that i am dressed in..well.. not optimal gear, hehe (mostly greens, with a few blues). Just need to crawl myself to level 80

And any tips by a "DPS DT" would be very welcome

EDIT :
    PS Sidar has updated his thread with 2 nice builds and some explanation worth to read!
    Great!

ill edit the url something went wrong with getting a short url after edit noobstyle ftw

yes BFA = blood for aid
    i never open with it btw(In solo play) first get my taps up which will also mean in that time i get some damage which a BFA will heal.
    (In group raid as dps dt dont need the taps to be up 100% they just generate more agro!) only use when feel u really need it.

Dont use the highest BFA combo btw 3+4 is best dps wise.
    Last edited by Skant; 21st March 2013 at 14:39.

thanks so much for the response. a lot of this is still really confusing...even your responses but I will work with it. Any more advice is still helpful.

http://goo.gl/3f4pA

That's what I use for pure DPS. The best rotation is Unhallowed Blight, A Soul for Our Feast 3, Blood for Aid 2, Blood for Aid 3, A Soul for Our Feast(Khitai rank), Blood for AiD 4. Rinse and repeat. Spam low level Blood for Aids to get Void of Madness procs going(assuming you have the Rise of the Godslayer Expansion), then when you get a lot of procs, use the highest rank of A Soul for Our Feast and then Blood for Aid 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Ju1ian View Post
    thanks so much for the response. a lot of this is still really confusing...even your responses but I will work with it. Any more advice is still helpful.
    It depends on your level, but more or less just follow this build by Skant (fill the Desecration tree first).

As for rotation, open with Leech Life, then Blood For Aid, then a couple of other combinations (i use uuuh..whats the names.. Brutal Enraging Strike / Enraging Strike), and for bosses or major pulls where i end up over my head, i start launching A Soul For Our Feast and Unhallowed Blight. There is also a knockback and Stun for CC purposes.

I dont know if thats the "best" rotation (it probably isnt), but it has worked for me this far.

Quote Originally Posted by Placid View Post
    It depends on your level, but more or less just follow this build by Skant (fill the Desecration tree first).

As for rotation, open with Leech Life, then Blood For Aid, then a couple of other combinations (i use uuuh..whats the names.. Brutal Enraging Strike / Enraging Strike), and for bosses or major pulls where i end up over my head, i start launching A Soul For Our Feast and Unhallowed Blight. There is also a knockback and Stun for CC purposes.

I dont know if thats the "best" rotation (it probably isnt), but it has worked for me this far.
    Why did you feat CD and Guarded Frenzy. You should not be getting hit anyways if your just going DPS.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast