Thread: login fail (InvailidProgramException)

Default login fail (InvailidProgramException)

login fail?

Unexpected exception within application, please report the content of this dialog.
    The application will be terminanted

System.InvalidProgramException: Common Language Runtime detected an invalid program.
    Last edited by galidorn1; 16th March 2013 at 16:02.

One of the Windows updates broke AoCQS. Just uninstall AoCQS.

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    One of the Windows updates broke AoCQS. Just uninstall AoCQS.
    This one broke it. KB2742599

Uninstall it and hide it, and AoCQS will work perfect again.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    This one broke it. KB2742599

Uninstall it and hide it, and AoCQS will work perfect again.
    Meh, AoCQS doesn't skip the patcher anymore, so it's pretty useless.

Besides, I'd rather not uninstall a Windows update. It's been updated for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    Meh, AoCQS doesn't skip the patcher anymore, so it's pretty useless.

Besides, I'd rather not uninstall a Windows update. It's been updated for a reason.
    I don't use aocqs for skipping the patcher but i just tested it and it does work for it. Make sure you have the latest version. 2.7.1.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/aocq...rsion%202.7.1/

Windows updates sometimes fix problems you might not have so they aren't always necessary.

Well, this is certainly odd. The one linked above does indeed seem to still skip the patcher.

It seems older than the release here though:

http://www.curse.com/addons/aoc/aoc-quick-start

So, I think what has happened is that there are two forks of the original codebase. The one above (which is done in .NET) and the one the post above me has linked (which is done in Delphi if I recall correctly).

Both of them used to work fine, up until Funcom changed something with the patcher (it was one of the patches done before the 4.0 patch). Or perhaps another Windows update broke the .NET one in a more subtle way.

But anyway, using the 2.7.1 release from sourceforge.net seems to still work.

No support for plugins though from what I could tell? Minor point, the skipping of the patcher and start up videos are the biggest features.

I just use it to skip the stupid intro movies and assign the game to use all cpu cores.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    I just use it to skip the stupid intro movies and assign the game to use all cpu cores.
    I actually found a way to skip them without needing AoCQS at all, you copy the Logo.xml file from Default into Customized and empty out the file names ... no more intro movies

But yes, the CPU affinity setting stuff is still useful. The engine seems to lock itself to a single core sometimes for no reason.