Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Community Update - 15th March

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    The new team is kinda half n half right now, which is a massive pain in the backside.

The US citizens are in NC. The non-US folks are moving down in early April BUT due to the way some of the laws work, the people who are from other countries than Canada might have to fly home first, then fly in again.

We will be patching the fixed version from the last rollback - and yes it has taken time but that has mostly been QA time and ensuring that the patch was stable. Consider this "clearing the path" so that we can get on with future updates.

I prefer to give you guys concrete plans for updates when I have them, rather than scrounging for news every week which is why I asked Oliver to pull the weekly updates.

Finally, think about features large or small that you would like us to port over from The Secret World. That is "low hanging fruit" in a sense that the code already exists and could be anything from being able remap the dodge key to the achievement system.
    Would love to be able to remap double taps to a dodge key. I use a G13 for movement and it's a pain for analog style gamepads. And haters better not say that reduces skill. It's a frickin' doulble-tap.

Also, thanks for being transparent with the current relocation process. It doesn't sound like great news, but at least we aren't wondering what's going on and can now understand the current delays.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamVernia View Post
    Would love to be able to remap double taps to a dodge key. I use a G13 for movement and it's a pain for analog style gamepads. And haters better not say that reduces skill. It's a frickin' doulble-tap.

Also, thanks for being transparent with the current relocation process. It doesn't sound like great news, but at least we aren't wondering what's going on and can now understand the current delays.
    Lol I use the same. Have turned me from being a clicker into a hotkey user. Works like a charm in TSW as well as in AOC. I love it in TSW for the awesome dodge.

Thanks for posting honest update J.

Hope you can get this show on the road soon

.... and achievment system would be RAD for AOC.
    Retired

I would very much like to see more updates which include statistics, especially in PvP. You seem to have implemented a PvP ranking system in TSW but AoC is a much better PvP game. Mini-games should have stats like Heals - Fatalities - Damage - There should also be a group and guild PvP ladder system. PvP'ers live off of stats. Instead of just kills/deaths (that we can't even see), we really need more.

Achievement system along with in-game lore would be absolutely positively awesomely rad.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentesb View Post
    Achievement system along with in-game lore would be absolutely positively awesomely rad.
    Especially if these achievements unlock new social and reward style unlocks if obtained (fast travel paths, new dances and emotes, even funcom points etc...).

I estimate it will be at least four months just to announce what changes are coming, and another year to implement them.

Give us anything but KD that you can read from the database. Full heal pr game, full dps pr game, kill, kill assist, and death

You need to nudge the community out of the KD mentality and give us more worthwhile stats. Put in a different way, more numbers we can lift up against eachother.

There are many people watching this game. It will beat TSW if you do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Raydenz View Post
    Mini-games should have stats like Heals - Fatalities - Damage - There should also be a group and guild PvP ladder system. PvP'ers live off of stats. Instead of just kills/deaths (that we can't even see), we really need more.
    ...Yeah stats...which by the way each of them should grant PvP xp: Kill, Assist(at least 35% damage to the dead target done by you), Heal, Capture Point/Skull, Damage done/taken etc. to make minigames more fun and have more goals while playing. Then maybe at the end of a minigame there could be honorable mentions(other than stats) like Slayer(who has the most kills), Assist Leader, Nuker(most damage done), Painkiller(most damage taken) etc. And then maybe you can show off your stats by how many times you got which badge.

Other than this open world pvp should be encouraged somehow, lots of suggestions out there. Sil was supposedly waiting for single server tech up and running to look into this; hope at least this is still in the plans.

Achievements would be great if done well (no dumb kill 10000 picts crap). Sure, it'll probably take a year until you get around to it but we know patience around here.
    I don't know about lore though, what would that even be? Excerpts from Howard's stories?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast