Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Sidar's DT guide

Quote Originally Posted by TeamVernia View Post
    No Ritualistic Bloodshed on tali spec?

http://aocfeats.com/feat/dt/11f11174...19a8118de120ad

Try this.
    Run at 39-47% mitigation in Khitai and live on health taps pro-style.

You'll get wrecked trying to tank in T3+ with this though.
    With less the 50% mitigation (or better, with less then a certain amount of armor below which you get an "invisible penality" to the amount of damage you get) you will not be able to tank anything, even in Kithai HMs (except Necropolis and Malice).

Better spend points you put in Dread Shadow in armor from General tree, or you will be able to just offtank, and just more or less by popping Dread.
    Last edited by Calore; 8th April 2013 at 14:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    With less the 50% mitigation (or better, with less then a certain amount of armor below which you get an "invisible penality" to the amount of damage you get) you will not be able to tank anything, even in Kithai HMs (except Necropolis and Malice).

Better spend points you put in Dread Shadow in armor from General tree, or you will be able to just offtank, and just more or less by popping Dread.
    Nope. I main tank everything in Khitai but Jade Dugout and AI District with that spec no problem. Fort and Amp (except first protection fight) too.
    Last edited by TeamVernia; 3rd April 2013 at 19:00.

I more or less use the same spec, and as he said, MT everything but Dugout and Ai. RoF is a bit iffy occasionally, depends on how often the boss crits.

I stickied this thread as it has a lot of useful information in it for new or returning players.
    Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    the minimum armor thresholds where you take extra damage is only in raids. not sure about t1 and t2 but to me it seems t3 is 50% and t4 is 55%.

most khitai fights the boss takes so much dmg that you're actually more tanky running a tali spec doing 1.4k+ dps with your taps.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Sidar I am trying out the beginner tank spec and I have a few questions.

You have CoI and CoA both fully feated, when do you swith them out? I guess that when you loose aggro or are trying to pull switch from CoI to CoA untill you have aggro, but I am not sure.

I was thinking AoDF would be better than AoI for more dps to help w/ aggro but I am not sure.

Im very new to tanking on a dt and this thread is very helpful.

TY

Quote Originally Posted by Yiing View Post
    Sidar I am trying out the beginner tank spec and I have a few questions.

You have CoI and CoA both fully feated, when do you swith them out? I guess that when you loose aggro or are trying to pull switch from CoI to CoA untill you have aggro, but I am not sure.

I was thinking AoDF would be better than AoI for more dps to help w/ aggro but I am not sure.

Im very new to tanking on a dt and this thread is very helpful.

TY
    COA is basically your default buff to run, if the fight is strictly physical mitigation, which is most raids and 6 mans you should run COA. There are fights where the boss only does magic or a lot of magic damage, this is when you would want to run COI. You may find as your gear gets better that you don't need COI for the fight (T3 raid gear and better have a lot of protection on them)

You may find that you need to run COI sometimes if you are generating more threat than the other tanks can match (depends on gear and players) but you can't tank the hits full time and need to agro swap. COI adds extra HP tap for you and reduces your overall dps hopefully making it easier for other tanks to keep up with you, so you don't stand there for 10 seconds at a time doing nothing before they can get agro locked onto them.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 5th May 2013 at 12:59.
    Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Thank you.

On your Aura, I run AoDF all the time. I figure the more dps the better, but I have never asked anyone wich is better. AoDF or AoI?

Should I use LL every time I can to keep zone of gluttony up as much as possible?

One more thing, after reading on the DT it seems that our self heal builds us aggro as well as dps. If this is the case, then would Dark Hand be useful or is it not worth giving something else up for?

Also, what is your rotations. I know it changes from situation to situation a bit, but wondering. And what ranks of those abilities do you use. I have noticed some animations are too long imo.
    Last edited by Yiing; 5th May 2013 at 05:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Yiing View Post
    Thank you.

On your Aura, I run AoDF all the time. I figure the more dps the better, but I have never asked anyone wich is better. AoDF or AoI?

Should I use LL every time I can to keep zone of gluttony up as much as possible?

One more thing, after reading on the DT it seems that our self heal builds us aggro as well as dps. If this is the case, then would Dark Hand be useful or is it not worth giving something else up for?

Also, what is your rotations. I know it changes from situation to situation a bit, but wondering. And what ranks of those abilities do you use. I have noticed some animations are too long imo.
    yes, I run AoDF all the time unless in a group with another DT, then just one of the DT swap to Infusion.

I have two ranks of LL on my bar and use these to try keep zone of gluttony up full time, The tap is good while it is on and if you have vile gluttony it can do damage and crit for more VoM stacks.

I personally like dark hand, Can get you out of a pinch. If you put on blood pact and then use dark hand it heals for about 900-1200 non crit, and i have had about 3-4k crit heals from it with the right VoM stacks going so it is nice.

I don't use soul barrier all the time so dont run into mana problems that often, I prefer to put points into dark hand rather then eather reap.

Hope this helps

Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast