Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Sidar's DT guide

Quote Originally Posted by Metuur View Post
    I am so confused, I just returned to game for first time in 5 years, I have a 70 DT, I remember really loving playing him, but I cant find a noob refresher guide.
    Try reading this guide, you will be level 80 very soon but you might have to look at http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory.php for what armor drops will be available to you and you should be aiming for as a newer level 80 so that you can enter the higher level raids and be able to take the hits or even generate enough threat to be getting hit(the OP has listed what pieces you should be looking for), as a newer player I would focus primarily on getting the physical tanking set and whatever protection pieces you pick up on the way combined with crafted protection rings and necks should have your protection at a reasonable level with running COI for magic damage fights.

This guide is very detailed and is providing the information that you need as a level 70 it just requires some reading on your part and perhaps talking to other DTs in your guild to help you a little more if you're still struggling so they can talk with you in vent and go through combo rotations etc with you. If you're asking for gear on the way up then apply the same principles he posted for stats you want at level 80 and don't worry to much about obtaining gear you out level it very quickly just go with the pieces that drop and you get as quest rewards.
    Last edited by Blindman-au; 28th March 2013 at 21:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidar View Post
    (...)
    Thank you for the explanations :-)

Empowered Mommentum
    First off, dont feat this till you got everything full It is a interesting AA and this is only reason why Im describing it to you.
    It adds a Slashing DMG proc to your Stun proc from Momentum, when you double tab foward for 5 secs for me it procs about 180 slashing dmg and it, is AOE like 90º 3mt cone(I didnt test these values just a rough estimate). the Stun proc can trigger more then once on those 5 seconds especially if you are hitting mutiple targes. As it is Aoe, It will proc the aoe each time any of your targets procs the stun.

Note that is Gets buffed by ''75% spell dmg'' vom stack, but unfortunately It dosent crit.
    I've never used double tap to stun, can you tell me how it works? Can i use it for exaple to cut demonic eruption in the add fase of toth-amon?

An another thing Im tryin to do a good fisical built. And Im getting recovery, goad, iron skin. And i need to put 4 point more to get cunning deflection Im thinking about improved defensive stance but im not sure becouse I've seen nobody is using it.Can you help me?
    Something like this :http://goo.gl/ivhCZ
    Last edited by xiulo88; 2nd April 2013 at 06:20.

Did an instance today with your "general tank spec". I was brought in as an offtank, but sticked with the tank spec because I had no idea how the other tank was going to perform. He solotanked the boss (The Devourer in lvl 80 Unchained AoK), with talisman and one TOS.

Do you have any suggestion how you would make a talisman spec that can do such a thing?

Must have been something like this http://goo.gl/0hkW1

I have tanked beside good DT's before but this was just a joke. Could have stood beside him with hands in my pocket. He did not have DS.

As long as you have the gear, you don't need a DS. DS is more or less just a crutch for bad heals/bad tanks in most 6man situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    As long as you have the gear, you don't need a DS. DS is more or less just a crutch for bad heals/bad tanks in most 6man situations.
    Don't forget the debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Buyten View Post
    Did an instance today with your "general tank spec". I was brought in as an offtank, but sticked with the tank spec because I had no idea how the other tank was going to perform. He solotanked the boss (The Devourer in lvl 80 Unchained AoK), with talisman and one TOS.

Do you have any suggestion how you would make a talisman spec that can do such a thing?

I have tanked beside good DT's before but this was just a joke. Could have stood beside him with hands in my pocket. He did not have DS.
    If the DT's gear is good enough he probably wasn't even feated into general tree. The DS is not an essential tanking tool for the GS K6 and in raids it's not needed either for the clear majority of fights but it can make them a lot easier whether they take a hit instead of the tank or take a dot that the boss puts on a tank, I would love for the DS to be a gifted skill rather than an end line feat that had you spending points that could be so much better spent elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Buyten View Post

Tanking with talisman, and with a build with Talisman Mastery and Shadowed Blade feated, works, but in the end it will be less efficient than tanking with a shield, since:

- you will have less mitigation;
    - you will generate even too much aggro, to the point to make aggro switch really impossible or very inefficient. It happended to me more than once in pug 6 men that other tanks, even very good geared/skilled, left the group without saying a word, cause they got pissed for beeing unable to get in rotation; not their fault, it's just that such a build makes impossible, for example, for normally tank specced DT to get in rotation. It's "not fair" if other tank wants to tank.
    - to be able to survive decently (50% + Mitigation), you will be forced to use strength accessories, and in the end you will push just a bit more DPS than tanking with a shield and using wisdom accessories (in Vortex with such a "talisman tank" build I pushed more or less 1200 - 1250 DPS, while around 1100 DPS with a S&S setup and build, with wisdom accessories, so more or less 10% DPS difference; Vortex is a good example cause you will have full stack of Hex all the time).

This said, I had a lot fun tanking with talisman in kithai six men.
    Kithai Hard Modes are not so hard nowdays, and you can for sure tank Flame, Den, Vortex etc. with a Talisman tank build.
    You could use a template like this:

http://goo.gl/YyLrC

and put remaining 3 points where you prefer (Improved Defencive Stance, Mind Shatter, Improved Dread Fury, Blooded Weapons..).

I would not take Goad cause you will not need it to get aggro (and anyway you will not use this build out of HMs, which are relatively easy and can be pretty solo tanked; you could use goad just in case you die and got rezzed, but just better not to die.. ).
    I would not take protection cause honestly to tank magic bosses I would prefer a more "serious" build, but if you need just "some" protection like in AoK, you could go for general protection too.
    1 point in Corrupt Weapon is enough.

Finally, you could consider removing at least some hate increase parts (for example use wolf wristl and shoulder instead of LL ones) if you want at least to have some chance to switch aggro, in case you need.

Also the trick to tank in HMs with abuild like this is to have at least 50% mitigation (not to get the penality).
    50,5+ should be fine everywhere in 6 mens.

That is more or less.
    Last edited by Calore; 2nd April 2013 at 23:13.

Your suggestion was more or less similar to the one I posted :-) Does Shadowed Blade work now, so there is a difference between 1 and 5 points in it?

No Ritualistic Bloodshed on tali spec?

http://aocfeats.com/feat/dt/11f11174...19a8118de120ad

Try this. Run at 39-47% mitigation in Khitai and live on health taps pro-style.

You'll get wrecked trying to tank in T3+ with this though.

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast