Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    Genius is terrible. Just sayin'. <3
    I'd hit it.
    ╔═╗╦╗╦╗╔╦╦╕╔╗╔╗╔
    ╟═╢╟╢╟╢╫──╢╟╢╟╬╢
    ╨└╨╨╜╨╜╙╜─╨╙╜╨╙╜

Quote Originally Posted by lsRslgeNius View Post
    I'd hit it.
    I already did. Mediocre at best. We need Covert to come back and we can have a threesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    I already did. Mediocre at best. We need Covert to come back and we can have a threesome.
    Eiffel Tower coming up.
    ╔═╗╦╗╦╗╔╦╦╕╔╗╔╗╔
    ╟═╢╟╢╟╢╫──╢╟╢╟╬╢
    ╨└╨╨╜╨╜╙╜─╨╙╜╨╙╜

Hi, I've followed most of this excellent guide, nearly finished my physical stuff, except:

1/ Hate Shoulder from Malice that seems to never drop
    2/ Tiger Glove from Pillars of Heaven that I rarely do

My current gear is:
    http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory....SlD2BxigLdY%3D

My current build is:
    http://goo.gl/eVwzD (Sidar's Beginner Tank Spec)

I've got a few question regarding the advice provided in this guide:

1. Sidar propose to take the T3 Wisdom protection Ring from T3. Is there any reason to choose it over the Strength protection one ? The bonus gained from 80 Wis seems marginal for me.
    2. As I'm a poor lad, I've taken the Blue Iron Hammer with Bel Mirth but I'm wondering if, since this guide has been created, there is any other more viable (and cheap) option ? By the way, if anyone has planned to abandon an Quil of Ibis, I'm more than interested into adopting it, I'll play with her regularly and take good care of her (PM me for details) :-D
    3. We will soon go to T4 (yep, something like 5 years after everyone) and I fell that I'm little bit low on hit rating (around 12~13%), is this sufficient ?
    4. Still for T4, I'm around 53% mitigation (Covenant of Arms), is this sufficient or should I go for CoP (55% mitigation), do you think I can go for a more aggressive template with slightly little mitigation (ex: dropping points in Improved Defense Stance) ?
    5. I'm really low on protection : between 38%~40% with CoI activated and protec gear on (still miss several part: T3 necklace, T3 ring, Yag Barb belt, Yag Barb Glove, Yag Barb Head, Amra's pride), I believe it will a problem in T4 ?
    6. If by any chance, I've enough token to buy a T4 part, which one should be the first ?

Thanks all for your answers.

The builds in this thread are a bit outdated because they are pre-multi feating.

For T4 builds I would suggest:
    - 1 physical build with covenant of arms with a dreadshadow (something along these lines: http://goo.gl/DVIcP1) (if you only have 2 builds you can choose if you want this one or want to do all physical bosses with a talisman)
    - 1 protection build with invulnerable soul feated somewhat like this: http://goo.gl/eKmozx for emperor.
    - 1 single target physical talisman build like this: http://goo.gl/WGibGy (choose between this one and the one with dread depending on your preferred playstyle, mitigation and preference of raidleader)

About your questions:

1. The T3 ring for a DT is only really good for fights where you really need that last bit of protection (otherwise, in almost any other case, you are better off using different rings). In that case you don't need strength for armor and the 80 wisdom gives a small amount of extra holy/unholy protection.
    2. There is still no better weapon. Your next upgrade would be Ibis or T4 weapon. EDIT: forgot about Blossoming death from Yellow Priest faction. That is also a nice weapon if you are up for grinding the faction and paying the tokens.
    3. It's OK but on the low side you are better off with a couple % more. Do you have pressing strikes fully feated and slotted?
    4. I would not advise going with CoP because your aggro will be significantly worse. With the gear you have you should be around 55% I think in CoA. You should try to replace the boots with Wolves boots.
    5. If you want to be useful on Emperor you don't want to be much lower then 45%. Do you have the passive protection wards and chromatic warding feated?
    6. Chest. Or hands if you don't have them by then but those also drop.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 28th August 2015 at 14:05.

Quote Originally Posted by bobviolette View Post
    1. Sidar propose to take the T3 Wisdom protection Ring from T3. Is there any reason to choose it over the Strength protection one ? The bonus gained from 80 Wis seems marginal for me.
    For a pure protection fight, you don't need any armor at all, so the strenght is a bit wasted, thus even a little more holy/unholy protection is better than some armor you don't benefit from. This is true for encounters like Louhi, Toth Amon and the emperor for instance.
    But for encounters like flame in monastery, a decent amount of protection on top of good armor will server you well.
    So in the end it depends on what you do most of the time.
    For most cases, i would advise the strenght ring, just because it gives you protection and armor and thus is useful in more situations. Although i did get the wisdom one on my own dt and never felt i had lost on anything.

2. As I'm a poor lad, I've taken the Blue Iron Hammer with Bel Mirth but I'm wondering if, since this guide has been created, there is any other more viable (and cheap) option ? By the way, if anyone has planned to abandon an Quil of Ibis, I'm more than interested into adopting it, I'll play with her regularly and take good care of her (PM me for details) :-D
    Blossoming death from the yellow priests. This blunt has everything, strenght, hit, crit, hate. It will serve you well until you get the T4 DT sword.

3. We will soon go to T4 (yep, something like 5 years after everyone) and I fell that I'm little bit low on hit rating (around 12~13%), is this sufficient ?
    13% is ok, you might miss from time to time, but nothing dire. You may notice it more on the imp. But get the blossoming death and you'll get 15% hit and you'll be just fine.

4. Still for T4, I'm around 53% mitigation (Covenant of Arms), is this sufficient or should I go for CoP (55% mitigation), do you think I can go for a more aggressive template with slightly little mitigation (ex: dropping points in Improved Defense Stance) ?
    With 53% armor you're under T4 threshold, so you're going to be very squishy. 55% is definitely better if you intend to be more than an offtank.

5. I'm really low on protection : between 38%~40% with CoI activated and protec gear on (still miss several part: T3 necklace, T3 ring, Yag Barb belt, Yag Barb Glove, Yag Barb Head, Amra's pride), I believe it will a problem in T4 ?
    40% protection will be enough for the projections on entity if you run out on bombardment, but for the emperor, he's going to chew you alive. You can still tank him, but you won't be able to hold the aggro very long and you'll be in danger a lot.

6. If by any chance, I've enough token to buy a T4 part, which one should be the first ?
    Go for the fearless set in priority, just because it's the all around set, with good aggro, good armor and protection.

N.B. : your specc is an all around specc, you should split into 2 different ones, one for physical fights and one for magical fights. You do that by dropping either armor or protection from general tree, but keep improved defensive stance. With the 5 points you spare, feat pact of malacador fully and get corrupt weapons.
    Pact of malacador is a huge portion of your dps, and 5 points there do make a difference.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for your answers and build, I'll multi-spec then

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    2. There is still no better weapon. Your next upgrade would be Ibis or T4 weapon. EDIT: forgot about Blossoming death from Yellow Priest faction. That is also a nice weapon if you are up for grinding the faction and paying
    the tokens.
    Well, if Blossoming Death is better, i'll go for it, only 100 Rare to farm

3. It's OK but on the low side you are better off with a couple % more. Do you have pressing strikes fully feated and slotted?
    4 point out of 5 and sloted

4. I would not advise going with CoP because your aggro will be significantly worse. With the gear you have you should be around 55% I think in CoA. You should try to replace the boots with Wolves boots.
    Argh.... I betrayed them last evening to buy the Hyrkanian Necklace

5. If you want to be useful on Emperor you don't want to be much lower then 45%. Do you have the passive protection wards and chromatic warding feated?
    4 out of 5 on each protection type, no point in Chromatic yet

The T4 boots drop from Imp so don't waste any gold to buy some new faction ones over the tigers boots.

Covenant of Pestilence is better now after the buff that gave it bonus hate. You can do quite good with that covenant up, and it is not as superbad as others may say it is.

Blossoming Death has crushed many a skull on my DT, and I can't say I noticed an enormous difference except the sound my T4 sword makes is a slash sound, while Blossoming Death is a thump sound. There is of course a difference, but not ultramegahuge. It's a good weapon and I can too recommend it.

I would buy the T4 Fearless chestpiece first, the Tiger chest is really killing your mitigation. Next would be helm, since Fort helm misses hit rating.

You won't get far with 40% prot, and you can't have done T3 with that prot either. Get your wards maxed, in particular holy and fire. You could do some old world unchained runs to try get protection accessories, also Demigod kill if you don't have Cloak of Amra.

Another positive effect , besides hate increase and +armor is that you will be able to trigger Seal of Yog which increases your crit rating for some time , in addition to that there is the Improved Covenants AA which will increase the health tab of those buffs .
    Many people might say that CoP is **** and your health tap will be lower , but imo the AA modification and Seal of yog make up for it
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    Another positive effect , besides hate increase and +armor is that you will be able to trigger Seal of Yog which increases your crit rating for some time , in addition to that there is the Improved Covenants AA which will increase the health tab of those buffs .
    Many people might say that CoP is **** and your health tap will be lower , but imo the AA modification and Seal of yog make up for it
    Crit buff is on CoI , not CoP. Seal of Yog heals for about a bigheal and can't critheal. CoP adds some extra tap and extra hate, to make up for the dps loss of the offensive procs on CoA. It is definitely not ****, and absolutely not **** on mobs that don't have negative protection.