Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Sidar's DT guide

Quote Originally Posted by Sidar View Post
    All this build capabilities discussion would be great if ppl bothered to explain themselves. And please take this as contructive criticism, most of you come here and say X is crap cause I can do Y ammount of dmg on Nergal. and you get a ''sure you do '' as a response cause you figure everyone believe all the ego showoffs that spamm forums. /rant

Anyways I never even dared to try a tali specc in a raid situation in T4 cause off aggro switching, My survival was not constant cause of amongst other reasons the different tanking budies each week and due to sometimes the lack of communication in my guild.
    You mean as in builds? I'm fairily certain these builds are no secret. Heck one of the great things about DT is that you can constantly play with your build and tweak it to suit your playstyle.

As far as trying tali spec: Do it if you have the gear! Yes you will fail at first because it IS different, it takes some getting used to. You are far more dependent on dps which means you better not stop if you're getting hit. The other tanks just need to learn how to deal with it. A quick FE or goad is often all you need to regen your hp when you get low.
    A single DT running this kind of spec can be a bit painful, where it gets really fun is if you have several than can trade aggro.

I strongly suggest running ACT when you start doing this, you have to start getting a feel for what kinds of numbers you need to be outputting to offset the dmg you're taking.
    You don't have all your regular aggro tools anymore (no SoC, no dread to save your bacon), dps is your aggro & your suvivability.
    Switch out accessories during a fight and see how it affects your dps & survivability.
    Play with your stances.
    Don't get discouraged if you fail.

Oh and get yourself a suicide suit (light armor w/ magic) and have some fun

I know I am by no means "the measure of things", there are pleny of DTs better than I, but if you're on the Set server and you catch me online I'll be more than happy share what I know.
    Pontuz - HoX
    Ponthus - Demo
    Pondtus - DT
    + plenty of alts like everyone else

Any tips for a PvP Tali build? I've been using the PvP Sword/Board build and it's nice, but I'd like to go more all out DPS if possible.

I heard VoM's getting a nerf soon... anyone hear about this?

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    I heard VoM's getting a nerf soon... anyone hear about this?
    I heard you got banned but you are still trolling this forum..

Don't trust voices, even if they bring sweet good news..

Why should they nerf VoM?
    It should be buffed.
    I can't keep aggro with good guards, who actually also have better survivability.

Any hint?
    Last edited by Calore; 11th October 2013 at 17:21.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

I doubt they're going to nerf anything, VoM is punny issue compared to giant ones they're facing right now...not to mention it would probably turn DT to DS spambots again.
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

First, thanks a lot for this guide, it's very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidar View Post
    Blood for Aid
    Our main Combo, has a very short CD and will inject bonus threat if done in defensive stance.
    just one question, is this bonus threat actually working or this bonus have gone with the revamp? I've many discutions with some dark templars who make t4 and some say yes, some say no...
    Krambol: DT cercle écarlate
    Rambole: POM pvp elevée sans bori
    pour les 26 autres 80 m'envoyer un mp

Quote Originally Posted by rambol View Post
    just one question, is this bonus threat actually working or this bonus have gone with the revamp? I've many discutions with some dark templars who make t4 and some say yes, some say no...
    Good question.. I wonder the same.
    Anyone can answer?

I add another question: Mystical Bane has a similar bonus threat when performed in Defencive Stance?

I have the feeling that MB generates more hate than Blood for Aid, which I presume just generates 1:1 hate/damage.

It's just a feeling anyway, anyone can help?
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    I can't keep aggro with good guards, who actually also have better survivability.
    No offense, but if you can't get aggro with your DT on most bosses, and your DT is adequately geared, you haven't figured out how to play the class to near it's maximum potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    Good question.. I wonder the same.
    Anyone can answer?

I add another question: Mystical Bane has a similar bonus threat when performed in Defencive Stance?

I have the feeling that MB generates more hate than Blood for Aid, which I presume just generates 1:1 hate/damage.

It's just a feeling anyway, anyone can help?
    If there is a hidden hate bonus, it becomes diminishing compared to landing the most possible procs and hits while having enough hit rating to land procs and hits and around 18-20% crit chance to get most uptime of Void of Madness. You might feel that Mystical Bane is a hard hitting combo if you have Incinerate Ether feated, as it deals the unholy damage at the end of combo. It sure makes it a lot better than it is with zero feats in it but at the moment, really just one place it is needed, at Louhi.

As Chillee says, on a non shielded boss where you can nuke as regularly, a Guardian should be extremely skilled to keep up with your agro generation from dps. Basically he would have to Goad, Irritate, StA, Shield Slam + Cry of Havoc, and then pray some.

Two questions...

1. Does ether reap increase any dmg output (other than from seal of chaos)?

2. Any estimates of proc percentage added from improved soul covenants? For example of a single target fight would you expect cov of arms procs to double or only +25%, etc.

Thanks.

Found the answer to 2 myself with some further digging.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    It is not broken.

I just did a straw man parse.

Without the point in it, I got 24 procs on three minutes of bashing Straw Man, gives 8 procs per minute. http://i.imgur.com/uUkzLcE.jpg

With the point in it, I got 39 procs on three minutes giving 13 procs per minute. http://i.imgur.com/xjzpcOt.jpg

An increase of 5 procs per minute. Definitely worth it!

Nevermind my low dps, I only bashed the strawman with BfA in defensive stance and gear I had equipped so bad tanks could share agro with me. Its not like the straw man parse goes any faster in dps gear and frenzy. ^^
    Last edited by Erock25; 15th October 2013 at 19:51.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.