Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Sidar's DT guide

Quote Originally Posted by Wickeds View Post
    6kdps single target? sureee, what boss? maybe a 20 second trash mob fight. maybe you have a parse of, who must be the most op dt evah?
    As far as I remember, Azi did 5k+ dps (closer to 5k than to 6k)on Bat of Nerghal.

But it is enjoyable to play other classes, fun is not just about parsers and numbers you know.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophyra View Post
    As far as I remember, Azi did 5k+ dps (closer to 5k than to 6k)on Bat of Nerghal.
    on 30 second burn periods... that's quite the opposite of sustained dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    In all fairness to them, they are world 1st or 2nd on all the end game bosses. However they do things, it seems to work well.
    That's been meaningless since T3 when people were actually trying for it, and LOTS of guilds went on TL to raid, now there's only a couple of guilds that do, CoE is one of them so naturally (yes they were up there then too, but, that's going back years to the Ezo days...). Damn good raid guild though, no denying that.

Question about OPs post:

I see a lot of Barb Prot gear for Magic Tanking. Why is that?
    I mean, on paper I understand that it offers the Str and the Crit Rating and the Protection, but aren't there some fights that throw some physical damage in with the magical damage?
    Wouldn't it be better to skimp a bit on the Crit Rating and keep the Armor Rating up?

*Edit - Scratch that; No Strength, only Combat Rating. And only a couple pieces offer Crit Rating. Now I *definitely* don't know why those would be a better choice than the Full-Plate options.

Help me understand your logic?
    Last edited by Schwann145; 10th August 2013 at 13:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwann145 View Post
    Question about OPs post:

I see a lot of Barb Prot gear for Magic Tanking. Why is that?
    I mean, on paper I understand that it offers the Str and the Crit Rating and the Protection, but aren't there some fights that throw some physical damage in with the magical damage?
    Wouldn't it be better to skimp a bit on the Crit Rating and keep the Armor Rating up?

*Edit - Scratch that; No Strength, only Combat Rating. And only a couple pieces offer Crit Rating. Now I *definitely* don't know why those would be a better choice than the Full-Plate options.

Help me understand your logic?
    I think it's for pure protection fights, there are very few fights that need a lot of both afaik

In that case one can always mix and match to find a good balance.

Or just use BDA

Barb helm and hands from children of yag has protection, combat rating and crit rating, a rarity found nowhere else but black dragon and t4 pieces. Plus critigation.

Can you please share that desecration build with which you tank Basilisk/Imp/Zodiac?

I'd like to try it out for myself. I have quite a bit of T4 gear but always played quite conservatively with sword and shield.

@Schwann145 full plate protection fails at delivering dps to DT's like it says on the guide that set is designed for pure protection fights, it offers you by far a much better survival/aggro/dps ratio than its LL FP counterparts. and dont forget that if you are gearing up a new DT all your budies in group are either using full DPS blues or nice dps epics, so your aggro's strength will counter ''misfortunes'' in your parties.

IN some of fights (even raid) where the bosses do physical attacks, it actually helps to have protection gear on, its very hard to distiguish them apart(the ones you can use protection from the ones you dont) but on a couple of few bosses they have a elemental or spiritual component attacked to their Combat rating and that hits your protection, I can give you a quick w3 imp boss.

All this build capabilities discussion would be great if ppl bothered to explain themselves. And please take this as contructive criticism, most of you come here and say X is crap cause I can do Y ammount of dmg on Nergal. and you get a ''sure you do '' as a response cause you figure everyone believe all the ego showoffs that spamm forums. /rant

Anyways I never even dared to try a tali specc in a raid situation in T4 cause off aggro switching, My survival was not constant cause of amongst other reasons the different tanking budies each week and due to sometimes the lack of communication in my guild.

I always knew it was tottaly possible to tank protection stuff with tali ofc, but however when doing long instances one tends to want a more polivalent build. The survivability from blood hex has always intrigued me but i did do alot of test and always figured that those 400hp every 8s 50hp/s is not really worth loosing any survivability at all, especially when you are putting unnecessary strain on your healers, in my guild Healers do DPS aswell and IMO its never worth getting dps over them loosing it, especially cause of the before-mention aggro switching difficulties.

Am I missing something ? is the magic life tap that hard ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sidar View Post
    but on a couple of few bosses they have a elemental or spiritual component attacked to their Combat rating and that hits your protection, I can give you a quick w3 imp boss.
    Shadow imp is totally magic boss hits unholy magic damage straight away not melee hits that are all combat rating unholy.

Whenever you hit with magical combat rating it still reads as your weapons type dmg in combatlog but checked upon victim's protection I guess you know that.

So for Imp Lord's combat rating to have an effect he should hit you with physical dmg and registered as boss hits you slash/crush etc. but then the dmg get checked upon your protection instead, but he hits you with magic dmg so combat rating has no effect.

Reads as boss hit you with unholy too in combat log.It's just the animation that looks like a melee hit, same goes with Hathor-ka regarding attack animation looks like casting a spell but it's poison counts as physical checked upon armor.