Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Sidar's DT guide

Djain, are you sure that Azi wants his name to be draggen into this idiotic conversation?

Quote Originally Posted by Maly View Post
    Djain, are you sure that Azi wants his name to be draggen into this idiotic conversation?
    Why idiotic?
    Apart that dude (Ring_of_Set) crying no sense QQ sentences, to ignore, actually this turned into a very interesting discussion about DT builds imo.

Forums are meant to help everyone, so this discussion should not really offend any top skilled / geared / pro v.i.p. DT.
    Last edited by Calore; 9th August 2013 at 15:58.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

it really went to some epeen measure contest, just wanted to say that don't bring old, respected players into it

No need to act as fool, mate. But I'll try to ask it other way.

Is Zodiac the only fight, where DT can shine like this or it's so broken, that can tank anything doing damage as in this log, which was "proven" in thread?
    Last edited by Ocelotti; 9th August 2013 at 19:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Djain View Post
    Gj on solo-tanking and pushing that amount of dps. Just makes you wonder if DT is balanced at all.. oh no, shouldn't have started that diskussion.

Ghola should know what DT is capable off. Both him and Thaan have topped (or being near top) in damage done/taken and healing done/taken at the same time in some T4 encounters.

I've personally seen Azi (Izkraticus) do 5-6k single target in pyjamas set - so ofc. 2.2K and tanking will be possible.
    6kdps single target? sureee, what boss? maybe a 20 second trash mob fight. maybe you have a parse of, who must be the most op dt evah?

i'm glad des/gen tank builds are not a secret anymore though, so i guess this thread isn't a total waste of time, although you have to dig through some serious stupidity to get to them (mostly from coe clowns, who said you're the most uber guild anyway? apparently yo're not).

Quote Originally Posted by Wickeds View Post
    6kdps single target? sureee, what boss? maybe a 20 second trash mob fight. maybe you have a parse of, who must be the most op dt evah?

i'm glad des/gen tank builds are not a secret anymore though, so i guess this thread isn't a total waste of time, although you have to dig through some serious stupidity to get to them (mostly from coe clowns, who said you're the most uber guild anyway? apparently yo're not).
    In all fairness to them, they are world 1st or 2nd on all the end game bosses. However they do things, it seems to work well.

And don't get me wrong. I'm just curious about DTs side I'm not much familiar with.

I assume aggro trading might be very tricky with dps output like this, so either it's useful for certain instances only (solo tanking or close to it), or all the tanks in rotation should have same dps / play style.

Tried this build in a random global pug for easy HMs (flame, vortex, palace; I really hadn't time to play more and/or try something different today):

http://goo.gl/8gxT9q

I was actually pretty surprised that I could solo tank everything with 0 points in Depravity.. and very well ^^.

Gear used:
    - BD chest, helm, wristl, boots (I didn't risk tiger chest, I will try it when I get time)
    - Painlegion belt, hands, shoulders
    - LL hate legs
    - Strength cloack from Vile
    - Trickster Charm + Milestone Wisdom ring
    - Kakaba neck

So almost full tank gear, just 1 wisdom ring.
    My taps were around 200 HPs (250 HPs on some fights; I imagine they could be significantly higher with different gear).
    Once you keep sadism stack 10x (that is very easy with Ritualistic Bloodshed), keep combo taps up and use A Soul for Feast + BF each time is off cooldown, and ofc build 3x Hex stacks on targets, taps are really awesome.
    I don't have T4 gear but I understand what you can do with T4 chest instead of BD one, and some more magic damage accessories.

I wasn't really surprised by DPS, but I need to tune rotation for this build.
    Anyway I was really impressed by taps and by the fact I was able to tank (and very well) with 0 points in Depravity.

Of course stop DPS = go down very fast.. so health pool is less stable then with a standard melee tank build (like this let's say: http://goo.gl/uueIIn).

Something kinda lol and not much reliable if you have to switch, but to work on imo..
    Last edited by Calore; 9th August 2013 at 20:41.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

You can not leave out Dooming Presence in a desecration heavy build

most skills in depravity are way overhyped