Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Sidar's DT guide

Quote Originally Posted by Ghola View Post
    So you will seriously tell all the community you solotank(!) zodiac with over 2k single target dps proved with selective parser ? Please do an upload of the logfile somewhere pls and post the link . The community deserves a good laught !
    Good quote above now, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    What settings do you put in ACT to exclude dps to Symbols?
    Options, selective parse, add the animals names, check box them, click only record actions vs blah blah blah. Start a new log.
    Last edited by Erock25; 8th August 2013 at 18:44.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    Good quote above now, isn't it?
    ist not over 2k so far so my Statement is still valid !

we did analyze the logfile.
    he did according to Parser in this fight around 1940 dps (it was NOT 2200!)
    We analized the specc he used accordigly to the log and the Combos shown in there and wer figured out he used soething like this:

http://goo.gl/PBz9jl

(no cunning deflection )
    maybe he had the Points from sustained rage in improved defense stance, dont know.

according to the Parser he had a very special groupsetup: BS, TOS, rogue.
    i think he was also full pot´ed
    (around 550 Magic damage second our estimations)

i admit he put out very lot of dps, and maybe he did use healthtab astrolabe also.
    but i think this is a very special Situation and i dont think it can be taken as example for new DT´s or fresh guildleaders
    for ****s sake how can you say "approximately" xyz. It's a set number. If you're going to ask for a log and I send it, AND I ask you to make sure you know how to do selective parsing, please know how to use selective parsing!

Image is here:

http://tinypic.com/r/24vi1z5/5

You can tell it is selective parsing because there is no healing received (you don't heal the boss, except for a single glitch of 1x ~50 point heal). Main tank took all the damage (Witchaven). Combat log is split because of selective parsing and the downtime between fights. I have a variety of names on selective parsing that I use just for my own curiousity, such as Yi Qin, General Sheng, the various zodiac animals and Bone Golems.

I editted this post as I originally made it Friday morning before work and I am in a super crappy mood then! Now it is Friday night and I have booze in my hand so it's much better.

Longer explanation: I would suggest you haven't done selective parsing hence why you are trying to do some calculation or whatever it is. Erock has already explained how to do it.
    Last edited by Boesch; 9th August 2013 at 07:54.

I don't get it why so "oh wtf" about the dps he did? I've seen them dps dt go up top 2500 single target often (good ones that is) the thing you should be amazed at is about the tank who held it ( second on parser) that is were you have to give kudos, really good job.

Because usually no tank can hold it if a good dps dt in clown suit and full dps spec go all out. Puzzles me that ghola hasnt seen such dps yet considering the tag.

I have no interest in this but tbh ghola you sound a bit too bloated I am sure you have heard it before. " We analyzed this" as you are the gods authority of aoc...
    Last edited by Vahush; 9th August 2013 at 05:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahush View Post
    I don't get it why so "oh wtf" about the dps he did? I've seen them dps dt go up top 2500 single target often (good ones that is) the thing you should be amazed at is about the tank who held it ( second on parser) that is were you have to give kudos, really good job.

Because usually no tank can hold it if a good dps dt in clown suit and full dps spec go all out. Puzzles me that ghola hasnt seen such dps yet considering the tag.

I have no interest in this but tbh ghola you sound a bit too bloated I am sure you have heard it before. " We analyzed this" as you are the gods authority of aoc...
    I'm not a DT in that picture btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    Did you miss the part where the DT with 2.2 was the solo tank?
    It takes a little understanding how ACT produces the reports in game - it will show EncDPS in a display in game which is "Encounter DPS". This DPS figure is your total damage divided by the total length of the encounter. So if you die or do not join the fight quickly, your damage figures suffer. Conanstats is different - it takes your total damage and instead of dividing by the length of the encounter, it divides by your time in the encounter instead. So if you join late, it shows you did great DPS but low overall "Encounter DPS".

With that background, there's a separate fight in the very log file I sent where Witchaven does 2474.27 DPS, but the EncDPS is lower because the boss was getting hit by over-eager raid members while running in and getting positioned. What it does mean though is that if everyone had have just kept it in their pants, he would have had a 'real' DPS figure of 2474.27.

It's just a different way of reporting information but it is worthwhile understanding that the DPS reported by ACT is almost always lower than the absolute figure that they were doing.

Finally: There's dozens and dozens of these logs, this is not some crazy anomoly. Witchaven was certainly damn good at it, but week in, week out in Mist Wolves there are a few of us that produce 2k+ while in defensive stance. It's just the right gear, the right feats and off you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    for ****s sake how can you say "approximately" xyz. It's a set number. If you're going to ask for a log and I send it, AND I ask you to make sure you know how to do selective parsing, please know how to use selective parsing!

Image is here:

http://tinypic.com/r/24vi1z5/5

You can tell it is selective parsing because there is no healing received (you don't heal the boss, except for a single glitch of 1x ~50 point heal). Main tank took all the damage (Witchaven). Combat log is split because of selective parsing and the downtime between fights. I have a variety of names on selective parsing that I use just for my own curiousity, such as Yi Qin, General Sheng, the various zodiac animals and Bone Golems.

I editted this post as I originally made it Friday morning before work and I am in a super crappy mood then! Now it is Friday night and I have booze in my hand so it's much better.

Longer explanation: I would suggest you haven't done selective parsing hence why you are trying to do some calculation or whatever it is. Erock has already explained how to do it.
    The parse i did was the whole fight! (all 4 and not only 1 Boss where 2 symbols where around Boss maybe).
    It gives you a much mor valuable data. As you see from you pic postet Harvest one was the shortest fight of the 4 so of course overall DPS must had be higher in this fight when all Monsters have same Healthpool.
    And ive said "around" because i writed it down from memory and please excuse me that i didnt remaind the exactly values.
    I hope your E-Pee* is not broken now because of this !
    Last edited by Ghola; 9th August 2013 at 08:09.

The parse i did was the whole fight! (all 4 and not only 1 Boss where 2 symbols where around Boss maybe).
    It gives you a much mor valuable data
    and ive said around because i writed it down from memory and please excuse me that i didnt remaind the exactly values.
    I hope your E-Pee* is not broken now because of this !
    So you are saying you don't know how to do single target / selective parsing, even when I asked you and even when Erock gave you instructions. Thanks for clarifying.

Also, it's not me solo tanking in those pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    So you are saying you don't know how to do single target / selective parsing, even when I asked you and even when Erock gave you instructions. Thanks for clarifying.

Also, it's not me solo tanking in those pictures.
    We all know now that you are the only one almighty parserhero and only you know how to do right parsing!
    So please enlighten us! Please give us the right parserdata wich show DPS in the whole Bossfight in the Zodiac-encounter!

We all know now that you are the only one almighty parserhero and only you know how to do right parsing!
    So please enlighten us! Please give us the right parserdata wich show DPS in the whole Bossfight in the Zodiac-encounter!
    So says the cry of the loser who doesn't think things are possible and when is proved wrong just QQs.

Erock already explained it to you. I asked specifically if you knew how to do it, you implied you did but don't, now you have a whinge and are plain wrong.

(btw, total whole fight DPS is:

Total Damage:

--------
    1,143,643 damage

Total time:
    --------
    512 seconds

DPS: 1,143,643 / 512 = 2233.67

for the whole fight.)