Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Sidar's DT guide

Quote Originally Posted by Ghola View Post
    Your numbers are S**t! Go check your parses again, or learn use the program in the right way!
    lol is this because you can't do that kind of damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    Checking it right now, 2.5k crits on VOM and Shadow Hex and 1800 hits on Sadistic Soul. They do not have "very very high magical protection".
    They have something else though..
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    lol is this because you can't do that kind of damage?
    So you will seriously tell all the community you solotank(!) zodiac with over 2k single target dps proved with selective parser ? Please do an upload of the logfile somewhere pls and post the link . The community deserves a good laught !

So you will seriously tell all the community you solotank(!) zodiac with over 2k single target dps proved with selective parser ? Please do an upload of the logfile somewhere pls and post the link . The community deserves a good laught !
    yes

and not just me but a bunch of DTs can. It's nothing 'special'. Considering you're in the guild of Mellaus who says he can do the same, why are you so surprised?

I think what Ghola wants to say and what I notice sometimes is, that the numbers selective parsing is showing seem a bit weird sometimes. Weird to the point that I think there are some bugs in the parser and these numbers can't be trusted at all times.

When I tank Zodiac on my DT I try to do as much AoE damage on symbols as possible. This is not because I think the symbols should be killed but because they have low magic mitigation, meaning that I do a lot of damage to them and this increases my life tap considerably. I think it totally possible that some of that damage isn't filtered out properly by selective parsing.
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    Actually it is because it only parses damage done to the boss, it's possible the combat log is screwy (wouldn't be first time there's problems with it) but I've never seen weird damage numbers that would indicate spirit damage being mixed in while digging through what ACT parsed. DTs are pretty much fueled by hitting multiple targets so what can be done on zodiac selective parsing should be higher than what can be done on saddur for example, at least consistently, same goes for some other classes that get good boosts by multiple targets.
    When you consider a DT can do 2k DPS in a 6man where there are less buffs, less debuffs, and no other targets to proc VOM from, it shouldn't be altogether so amazing that they do >2k on Zodiac. AOE DPS is very useful not just for the health taps off the symbols but because everything that crits the symbol feeds VOM so indirectly will boost your overall DPS.

Getting OT here
    My wierd numbers don't directly implicate that spirit damage is mixed, but it does sometimes indicate that something's wrong (which could be spirit damage but could also be something else). If I go T4 and do selective parsing I also add single damage bosses like Basilisk and Saddur so that I don't have to turn the option on and off during the raid. We then had -- I think it was Saddur -- parses where the raid wasn't split and my numbers differed considerably from those of people who parsed the same fight with ACT but without selective parsing.

So I think it IS possible to solo tank Zodiac on a DT but I doubt that you can do 2200 single target dps along the way. Because of above issues I don't take an ACT screenshot as proof. For that I'd like to see the log itself.
    Last edited by Areana; 6th August 2013 at 10:01.
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

Quote Originally Posted by Areana View Post
    So I think it IS possible to solo tank Zodiac on a DT but I doubt that you can do 2200 single target dps along the way. Because of above issues I don't take an ACT screenshot as proof. For that I'd like to see the log itself.
    /sign

Where is the logfile ?

/sign

Where is the logfile ?
    It's 38 meg.

Send me your email address and I'll forward it to you.