Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Sidar's DT guide

Dark templars have alot of spells and procs that all are effected by magic damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghola View Post
    If you are considering these combos as a dps dt you will fail too because only valid rotation is SFOF->BFA with some hexes every 10 sec. (really noobfriendly ^^)
    BFA spamm beats that SFOF proc thing easy, you can take that to the bank. ( even more noobfriendly ^^)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenarie76 View Post
    How does wisdom affect a DT's magic damage? Can't it only affect the DT's mana regen, mana amount, protection against holy and unholy damage?
    Try this page on DT damage numbers from old DT advocate (does not include AA modification of damage):
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=181036

( -edited for flaming/trolling Grizzly-.)
    Last edited by Grizzly; 28th May 2013 at 10:10.
    In balance with this life, this death
    -- Hand of Ibis RiP
    Magic is seeing what happens when you hit someone really hard, and when they disappear in a red spray, that's magic.
    -- Jansensen, Gunderman fighter {max taps - RiP}
    CQB Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenarie76 View Post
    Well it says in the tab that it affects ToS, PoM and BS but only when it mentions magic damage so I assumed it doesn't affect other classes.
    They introduced wisdom scaling for DT's spells later in the game and I think they forgot to update the description in the tab with it.
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

Quote Originally Posted by nedbee View Post
    I don't need 5/5 for PvE either tbh. If I run out of mana I just turn off barrier for few second to regain back
    And in that time you are dead right? Soul barrier is proly THE no. 1 tanking ability for a DT and you dare to turn it off during a boss fight?
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    And in that time you are dead right? Soul barrier is proly THE no. 1 tanking ability for a DT and you dare to turn it off during a boss fight?
    Waaaaay overstated. It's nice, that's about it. It maxes at 120 per hit so when you are eating >1500 points per attack it's not a huge deal. Full desecration builds give it up without an issue and can comfortably tank T4.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    Waaaaay overstated. It's nice, that's about it. It maxes at 120 per hit so when you are eating >1500 points per attack it's not a huge deal. Full desecration builds give it up without an issue and can comfortably tank T4.
    listen to this guy!

Soul barrierer surely isn't a mandatory tanking skill but the 120 absorpted damage equals ~0.8% mitigation (DT with 15K life) which is not too shabby. And of course Soul barrier turned on at the wrong situation (multiple fast but weak hitting mobs) leaves you with 0 mana in seconds.
    I was for a long time an opponent of Soul barrier and I'm still not fully convinced of it.

And that desecration DTs do so well in T4 is because T4 is just unbalanced tankwise. There are only 2 bossmobs (Imp and Emperor) where a Guardian is usefull the rest is better tanked by DT who can deal 2K damage while tanking the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGimbel View Post
    And that desecration DTs do so well in T4 is because T4 is just unbalanced tankwise. There are only 2 bossmobs (Imp and Emperor) where a Guardian is usefull the rest is better tanked by DT who can deal 2K damage while tanking the boss.
    To add to the list of things that DT's do so well on:

Almost every fight in T3
    Every fight in T2
    Everyfight in T1
    Every single boss in Khitai.

Yep, definitely a T4 issue and not a DT issue

Quote Originally Posted by Sidar View Post
    Ok so here is the deal.

First off, I dont have a Single Fixed rotation of anything in this guide, I encourage players to try everything out. If that is what you mean by using your class differently.

Secondly that is NOT how you measure DPS at all.

you are posting total damage values, this is irrelevant
    It's the average damage done on each of the 4 boss of the Zodiac, not a total.

And you could achieve, that's right. I could and still can do higher with a totally different usage of combo, without any problem (showed it to Dago and Lurvi quite a lot of times)

Oh and to the other guy, Brutal enraging wound 1 = fail as a tank ?

Interesting, altho wrong. It's like sayin Mystical Banes are useless agro tools aswell ... and there's nothing better to steal agro to anyone than a rightly used Mystical Bane 2 with irritate on top

If you are considering these combos as a dps dt you will fail too because only valid rotation is SFOF->BFA with some hexes every 10 sec. (really noobfriendly ^^)
    I'd be very curious to see that !

Simple rotation -> fail dps.

Show me a parse where you reach 7k spike single target (<- I kinda insist on that one) with only BFA. Any boss you want, most preferably one without mitigation
    Last edited by Sygmaelle; 28th May 2013 at 13:06.