Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Sidar's DT guide

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    Another positive effect , besides hate increase and +armor is that you will be able to trigger Seal of Yog which increases your crit rating for some time , in addition to that there is the Improved Covenants AA which will increase the health tab of those buffs .
    Many people might say that CoP is **** and your health tap will be lower , but imo the AA modification and Seal of yog make up for it
    Only that CoP just heals and doesn't add critical rating.....CoI+seal of yog=ciritcal rating among other things.That being said CoP is quite decent ,for me arms still performs better on most encounters.

Oh ya been talking some crap there
    Guess I have been away from my DT for too long
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for you're help, I'm now upping my Yun Priest faction. After checking in-game, this is the stat I have:

HP : between 13K and 14k
    Critical rating: 15.1%, I will max-out the critical perk ASAP to go a little bit further
    Hit Rating : 12.6%, I will max-out the perk ASAP and with the Yun Mace, I should be more like 13.5~14%
    Reduction 54.0% in CoA without the Yun Mace. With the Yun Mace, I would be around 54.6~54.7% which is, unfortunately, still below the threshold. I believe I'll off-tank for a while until I can get the T4 torso/feet or go for CoI for a while (will be arround 55.8% with CoI activated)
    Protection : not enough to be useful, will need to work on this

Regarding the proposed template, I've seen that none of them got the Curse of Gwalhur. Is the ability that bad ?
    Last edited by bobviolette; 31st August 2015 at 08:49.

It used to be that little bit of extra that could be helpful when DT was super weak/slow aggro wise.

But we are in the VoM area, where anything that doesn't crit is considered bad. And curse of gwalhur does not crit. Thus, the tiny tiny damage and heal it does is negligeable.
    Plus, it can even be considered counterproductive on many encounters, when you have to drop the aggro and CoG keeps ticking on the boss, generating some hate.

A general rule of thumb would be to get as much direct damage output as possible and controlled aggro tools, and avoid investing much in reactive abilities, which rely on you having the aggro in the first place.
    So if you have an extra point, get more direct damage output, like volcanic rage, hateful strikes, mind shatter or drain strength. Basically almost anything of the sort will be better than CoG.

Quote Originally Posted by bobviolette View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks a lot for you're help, I'm now upping my Yun Priest faction. After checking in-game, this is the stat I have:

HP : between 13K and 14k
    Critical rating: 15.1%, I will max-out the critical perk ASAP to go a little bit further
    Hit Rating : 12.6%, I will max-out the perk ASAP and with the Yun Mace, I should be more like 13.5~14%
    Reduction 54.0% in CoA without the Yun Mace. With the Yun Mace, I would be around 54.6~54.7% which is, unfortunately, still below the threshold. I believe I'll off-tank for a while until I can get the T4 torso/feet or go for CoI for a while (will be arround 55.8% with CoI activated)
    Protection : not enough to be useful, will need to work on this

Regarding the proposed template, I've seen that none of them got the Curse of Gwalhur. Is the ability that bad ?
    Your health is fine. With priest buff you are around 15k of health and thats enough for most encounters. Get those perks maxed and you'll notice a improvement on agro and damage.

Mitigation is hard to improve much with the tiger chest and boots. Try to improve that if you need, but you should honestly be fine as offtank with 53-54% mitigation too.

Buy protection accessories on trader and put white protection gems into them. That helps a lot. No need to buy the faction prot items. Smart usage of Dread Shadow, Cunning Deflection and prot bubble often saves the day.

Curse of Gwahlur can't crit so it don't "feed the VoM". It can also be harder for a squishy to drop agro if you got it stacked on a mob. Basics on builds like this: http://goo.gl/WGjCzP are to get the important stuff from Depravity, while having the procs from Desecration, and enough mitigation from General. Must haves are Soul Barrier, Seal of Chaos, Vile Gluttony, Dread Shadow, Goad. Nice to haves are Cunning Deflection, Hex Marked Soul, Soul Infusion, Ether Reap, Mind Shatter. Rest of points, shuffle them as you want depending if you need more mana feedback or more damage.

I'd get a third build for the DT if you dont have already. 2x DS builds, one with Physical feats and other with Protection feats, the 3rd with Depravity, usable for dps if you aren't needed as offtank. Something like this: http://goo.gl/1YMOaZ would do nice as offtank / dps. I use a similar like that one on my DT, and swap some perks around. I can reach either 55% protection or mitigation with talisman equipped with different gear and perks.

Would someone please explain to a fresh lvl 80 DT who needs to decide which Khitai factions to grind why for the melee tanking setup the Wolves of the Steppes' boots are considered superior in this guide to the Last Legion ones?

Wolves have a bit more HP and some critical damage rating, which last legion compensates with more armor and a (tiny bit) more hit rating. Seems about equivalent to me, with even a slight edge towards the Last Legion ones.

Wolves are easier and much faster to grind .
    It's always nice to have crit damage rating for dps and aggro .
    And once you have some gear and maxed out pressing strikes you shouldn't have hit rating issues
    Typing on mobile

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    Wolves are easier and much faster to grind .
    That at least is not a valid argument since the same guide recommends Last Legion Bracers for the wrist slot, so I'll have to grind them anyways.

So mostly I am overvaluing armor and undervaluing crit damage rating?

I wouldn't bother with the Wolves faction unless you want the wisdom necklace. You'll do a T4 and get some boots drop for you at Imp in no time anyway, so spending tens of hours to grind a faction, unless you really enjoy it, is a waste of time imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Belatsunat View Post
    That at least is not a valid argument since the same guide recommends Last Legion Bracers for the wrist slot, so I'll have to grind them anyways.

So mostly I am overvaluing armor and undervaluing crit damage rating?
    Well , in the guide its just said what is best . But it wont make much difference either way. Those faction quests are an insanely boring and long grind , unless you have enough vet tokens to get thousands of Imperial imsignias.
    You might just go for wolf boots and wrists as wolves are really fast to grind (compared to other factions) and those parts are decent.

Or as Shax said , hop into a T4 and get a better version without having to grind and paying 24G
    Typing on mobile