Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Ranger Help

One question,do rangers use all directional attacks?

To apply upper and lower buff might as well have 2 directional attacks only.one up and one down......

yes, but if you are in front of the target, you may want to hit the unshieleded area...
    so, i have all attacks mapped.... there are not so many abilities to keybind anyway...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    yes, but if you are in front of the target, you may want to hit the unshieleded area...
    so, i have all attacks mapped.... there are not so many abilities to keybind anyway...
    All rogues have the least keys of all classes

So bind all directions and watch for directional shields - as a caster you don't have much else to do anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    as a caster you don't have much else to do anyway.
    casters don't have spells that can be used with staff only and spells that can be used with dagger/tali only... so, rangers are not casters!!
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    casters don't have spells that can be used with staff only and spells that can be used with dagger/tali only... so, rangers are not casters!!
    semantics.
    after combo removal press down arrow and do your ranger spell.
    no regrets here after deleting my ranger with almost 7k kills from combos time.
    if anything rangers are the dullest to play of all casters :>.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    semantics.
    after combo removal press down arrow and do your ranger spell.
    no regrets here after deleting my ranger with almost 7k kills from combos time.
    if anything rangers are the dullest to play of all casters :>.
    True, rangers are so dull and lame to play and they are casters now for sure. I do miss old ranger, i really enjoyed xbow in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Amabala View Post
    The best solution is don't bother to melee. For PvE anyway.
    That's boring, though. Melee is fun.

Mix in the old Rogue General combos and spec and AA for it and you can be, well, slightly less gimped in melee than the pre-revamp ranger!

But then, I always preferred melee with the old ranger, too. "Hang-back pew pew killstealer" is not the only way to play.
    shoryuken

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12