Thread: Conall's Valley broken.

Default Conall's Valley broken.

When I enter Conall's Valley it is graphically broken and I get stuck there (I can only use teleport out). Exactly as it is described here in the old forums: http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180278

A friend of mine with different computer had the same problem yesterday. Reinstalling AoC did not help.

However what I found is that on my second computer it works. Both use Win7-64 and the only difference is that my primary computer (where it happens) has GTX 580 graphic card, while the another has older GTX-285. Both computers use 2xSLI but I think it does not matter as it happened for my friend without SLI too.

Any idea how to solve this? It's pretty serious issue and obviously happening to several people.

Did you try the tip from the link?

"i fixed this by deleting my RDB folder and re-patching (*not* repairing RDB). disclaimer: takes a while."
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Default Rdb

I did and it did not help. :-( I don't think it is a corrupted client, rather some incompatibility with certain hardware/setting. I forgot to mention I have everything in details maxed, but the same goes for my GTX-285 PC where it works fine. Random tweaking with it did not help either though of course I might miss the right "magic" combo.

Btw. I'm not sure what "repatching not repairing" means. I simply deleted RDB, started AoC and let the loader redownload it what it did automatically.
    Last edited by Agrana; 14th March 2013 at 08:39.
    I'm the magic incarnate.

Does it happen in the same manner exactly if you switch off SLI in your video card options?
    Can you try DX9, DX10 (run ageofconanDX10 for that), and DX10 with disabled Wind in Trees?
    Could you check the list of your Windows updates and remove the two mentioned in the technical solutions? http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180527
    Have you tried also running Age of Conan Quick Start with almost all options ticked?
    Did you try downloading the video drivers from the brand site of your video card? (ASUS, MSI, etc.) Sometimes only those work well.

I am very much interested in a solution!
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 14th March 2013 at 08:51.
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;

Default I tried

Funny. Solved, at least for now.

I tried both Dx9 and Dx10 engine. I tried to disable SLI and also turn off all effects (I set the lowest details possible). Nothing helped.

As the last attempt I simply took the RDB folder from my older GTX-285 based computer where it works and copied it on my new PC. And voila! IT FIXED IT! The RDB folder on the old PC is from some early installation of AoC (though of course patched to up-to-date status).

So there is something wrong with the current data provided by Funcom if you do a fresh AoC client install from the web. I think most of people do not have this problem because they still run some old original installation of AoC client, only patched by the launcher to up-to-date status. But if they would do a new fresh install of AoC from the web they would start to encounter this problem just like me or my friend did.

It is *not* a GPU related problem it is *broken RDB data* of the fresh AoC installation.

I now just hope some new patch will not break it for good even for the older RDB folders. In short, LunaticAsylumLA's quote about "re-patching" above is right. It will probably work if you take your ages old AoC DvD, install it and then patch. It will not work if you download your AoC client directly from your account webpage.
    Last edited by Agrana; 15th March 2013 at 02:26.
    I'm the magic incarnate.

Please post that in the suggestion forum, inasmuch as we do not have [Bugs] section now.
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;

Default Suggestions?

Uhm, why suggestions? I think it fits here, it is a technical issue (a bug) not a suggestion to do something in game. And I "hope" at least someone from Funcom reads this forum too. Especially this section actually, which is "technical" and "problems based". So I hope they eventually take at least a look at it.
    I'm the magic incarnate.