Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle Ranks in AOC (like in TSW)

Default Battle Ranks in AOC (like in TSW)

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/b...te_for_issue_6

When a player fills up his PvP experience bar he will gain a new Battle Rank. The PvP experience bar is split up into segments, just like the regular experience bar. When the player has filled up a segment he will be rewarded with a new currency. These “Distinction of the Council” tokens can be used to buy various PvP rewards. There is no cap to Battle Ranks. We will simply keep introducing additional rewards as players progress. Because there is no power increase new players do not have to worry about catching up to the veterans. They can just acquire ranks at their own pace.

Initially the rewards purchasable with the new PvP currency are new ranks for the PvP uniforms used in Fusang and the Battlegrounds. These new ranks will be automatically be equipped when joining PvP and replace the previous ranks. These uniforms however won’t be exclusive to PvP. When buying an upgrade the player will also unlock the uniform as a clothing item. This allows them to show off their prowess outside of the battlefield!]
    Seems like a perfect addition to Age of Conan! People were asking for pvp vanity items forever.

I would tie those new ranks to the classes (like "chosen of xotli", "grand assassin" etc.), introduced "pvp vanity" gear (works both in pvp zones and open world/dungeons/raids), slap it on a bottom and let people duke it out for a new set or rags.

Beats any pvp content we would get since ever :X
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/b...te_for_issue_6

Seems like a perfect addition to Age of Conan! People were asking for pvp vanity items forever.

I would tie those new ranks to the classes (like "chosen of xotli", "grand assassin" etc.), introduced "pvp vanity" gear (works both in pvp zones and open world/dungeons/raids), slap it on a bottom and let people duke it out for a new set or rags.

Beats any pvp content we would get since ever :X
    Joel mentioned on the TSW forums that features would be shared across games now, so I think we'll get some cool stuff at some point.

EDIT: Link: http://forums.thesecretworld.com/sho...2&postcount=12
    Last edited by TeamVernia; 13th March 2013 at 16:16.

fukken great, thanks for link
    Retired

This would be awesome for AoC!

*I just got a Barb to lvl80 at crom.
    bought the pvp chest, leggs and head.
    the Minis were almost unplayable....
    the dmg i did vs the dmg i recived was like lol...

AoC need new players, and the way things are now,
    only a stubborn brainless will endure this gear-gap untill
    he gets pvp4-5 + some AA.

But ofc, you can go PvE and farm gear. Nice PvP=))

I would not mind some cool titles, but that's the limit. I don't want any more abilities handed to me, AA/Gear is already too much of a crutch once you get enough of it.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by monday View Post
    This would be awesome for AoC!

*I just got a Barb to lvl80 at crom.
    bought the pvp chest, leggs and head.
    the Minis were almost unplayable....
    the dmg i did vs the dmg i recived was like lol...

AoC need new players, and the way things are now,
    only a stubborn brainless will endure this gear-gap untill
    he gets pvp4-5 + some AA.

But ofc, you can go PvE and farm gear. Nice PvP=))
    Well, you do realise that while some classes can do well if the player is competent enough with sh1T gear, but for the most part the standard to be classified as a "competitive toon" is about PvP 5 or 6 with enough AA's to be able to pick 2 or 3 T3 AA abilities and have at least your anti-AA at 5 points and DS/PS/CW at 5 points.

If your doing bori, grinding minis for tokens, and farming K6/raiding then with lucky drops your looking at anywhere from 15-30 days with some pretty heavy play time to get to the minimal "standard", and that's assuming your already 80. For people with not so much time it can take anywhere from 30-60 days.

I'd put the limit around 60 days or so, even just casual gamers can get enough tokens and K6 gear with raid gear sprinkled in to get decent enough armor/AA to comepete.
    Last edited by Suctum; 13th March 2013 at 22:53.
    Doomsayer 2008

Ofc i know that some classes can do some dps in minis,
    but you still die with a blink of an eye if some1 looks at you.

Bori is pve, and you have to grind minis to get tokens.
    It is just to harsh for new players to realice that lvl80 pvp is not fun. Getting farmed in minis is not fun.
    The new playesr we need is'nt gonna stay in AoC the way things are now.

with AoC on Steam, new Conan movie and new GM,
    this is maybe the last chance for AoC.

And for me, a veteran player, i just want competition.
    Arena, ranks, world pvp, anything...

Quote Originally Posted by monday View Post
    Ofc i know that some classes can do some dps in minis,
    but you still die with a blink of an eye if some1 looks at you.

Bori is pve, and you have to grind minis to get tokens.
    It is just to harsh for new players to realice that lvl80 pvp is not fun. Getting farmed in minis is not fun.
    The new playesr we need is'nt gonna stay in AoC the way things are now.

with AoC on Steam, new Conan movie and new GM,
    this is maybe the last chance for AoC.

And for me, a veteran player, i just want competition.
    Arena, ranks, world pvp, anything...
    Even veteran players get farmed in minis when the teams are horribly unbalanced.

Just because your on a lowbie does not mean you always have to get farmed out, but sure, if you play like your on a geared toon you will. If you stay with your group, retreat back to them when alone, and hug los like a b1tch, you can still be effective, you just might not be getting much kill credit.

I have swung games on my PoM vs. decent enough teams only at PvP 2. And that's with heals both sides, you just have to understand that you won't be melting people for a while until you start getting tokens and gear, but you can be effective and not get farmed.

It's just hard as sh1t not too, and I understand your point and agree with it. At 80 if everyone could just be equal in gear, there would be a ton more people in minis without the KD monster in head telling you that being PvP 4 or less means you got no chance.

PvP should not really be about grinding gear, that's what PvE is for. The only progression in PvP should be you getting your name out there, some neat reknown social gear or titles, and the fact people know you will kill the sh!t out of them.
    Doomsayer 2008

so nerf gear

make kesh blues to the very least competitive, the rankings will mean something else then..nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Even veteran players get farmed in minis when the teams are horribly unbalanced.

Just because your on a lowbie does not mean you always have to get farmed out, but sure, if you play like your on a geared toon you will. If you stay with your group, retreat back to them when alone, and hug los like a b1tch, you can still be effective, you just might not be getting much kill credit.

I have swung games on my PoM vs. decent enough teams only at PvP 2. And that's with heals both sides, you just have to understand that you won't be melting people for a while until you start getting tokens and gear, but you can be effective and not get farmed.

It's just hard as sh1t not too, and I understand your point and agree with it. At 80 if everyone could just be equal in gear, there would be a ton more people in minis without the KD monster in head telling you that being PvP 4 or less means you got no chance.

PvP should not really be about grinding gear, that's what PvE is for. The only progression in PvP should be you getting your name out there, some neat reknown social gear or titles, and the fact people know you will kill the sh!t out of them.
    u dont need any of those to be known. its called Skills. THAT is how people will remember you.
    and veteran players hardly go and get farmed in unbalanced minis since most veterans are good players .
    <3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast