Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having problems in my low 20's.

Default Having problems in my low 20's.

Made a video and hopefully it explains what I'm doing wrong if I am doing something wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCQ9QCXv_GM

As far as I can tell I'm either really under geared and I don't think I am unless armor actually plays a major roll in this game then most or I assume I'm doing something very wrong.

Thanks!

Rotation .. rotation .. rotation

Casting Lighting Strike gives you a debuff you remove with a blue heal (life of set? i think). Also, the spell you have on number 1 .. sparkly hand .. use it

And hold shift and click bags to loot fast

Most importantly .. ToS is horrible at low level .. but uber as you grow. Kicks off after lvl 50, and really rocks at lvl 80. Will get neat tricks like Field of Storm + Storm Crown ... best mass aggro pull in the game, that's why ToS gets a self-rez
    Last edited by Invino; 12th March 2013 at 22:35.

storm field then cast spells available while it lasts
    there a few spells you can cast while sf is active sparks+charged for example that will double your dps, you will get even more spells as you lvl up to use while sf is active

also notice each of those heals is diferent
    most inportant ones is the big heal and the blue heal
    green heal takes too long
    (notice the 2 circles around you and the 1 minute cooldown from big heals, means you can only use it and rewceive it once)
    stun when they start hitting you
    Last edited by noite80; 12th March 2013 at 23:00.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

You should use Lighting Sparks to pull mobs. This will give You more DPS.
    When green and blue heals are gone use Cobra Stare (when fighting one mob) or Quicksand when more mobs engages You, then go out of mobs' hit range and renew heals.

When You pulled more mobs use Quicksand to root them and steep backward to avoid damage.

z.

I'd recommend you hotkeying your heals, clicking stuff is not good.

The only stuff worth clicking is long cd stuff or things like mounts, paths, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane-Hart View Post
    Made a video and hopefully it explains what I'm doing wrong if I am doing something wrong

As far as I can tell I'm either really under geared and I don't think I am unless armor actually plays a major roll in this game then most or I assume I'm doing something very wrong.

Thanks!
    Cool approach with video, you got many good advices so far. I’ll try to go over how I would do in your lvl range.

1st. At your lvl, gear is either crap or hard to get, so probably you got few greens. Therefore when you going against mobs at your lvl or couple higher, they going to hit hard. So I would max Set Empowerment for survivability. This is a feat point that you are going to have even in end game build, do to ToS having very low health.

2nd. Try to hot key as much as you can, especially all of your heals. Also you can hot key Q,E,R,F,G etc. and AlT-keys. The less you click, more efficient you’ll be. It helps you keep your eye on the fight. Situational Awareness.

3rd. At your lvl lighting Strike is your primary weapon. I see you are using it nicely, however it has long range so try take advantage of that.

4th use your CCs, meaning “Crowd Control” you have two, stun in CS and Quicksand that is AOE root, use them every time you have more then one mob on you.

In event of taking on 4 mobs like you did, I would target one, then stun the full health one, remember even if the mob has very low health it still hits as hard as others. So kill the one with low health while controlling the others. Then you had two others jump on you, so Quicksand is perfect for that time, use it and run out. Then target the one in the middle, LS can splash so use that for more DPS. Using your heals bring back your health as they are all rooted.

With ToS using heals and CCs you can take on mobs few lvl higher then you. ToS is a very fun class, it gets better the higher lvl you get and very helpful in end game. I’ve been playing it since 2008 and its still fun.

Have fun.

You said it yourself.

Use charged blast for AoE every time it's off cooldown.

Now a vital part in lowlevel is to feat Spark Storm in lighting tree to improve Lightning Sparks. For every Lightning Strike you have a chance to trigger spark storm, which will reduce the channeling intervals of your next Lightning Sparks by a whole lot!

So what you do is:
    Always use Charged Blast when it's off CD.
    Spam Lightning Strike and look for the spark storm buff at the top of your screen.
    When you have spark storm use Lightning sparks!

A trick:
    Start with Lightning Strike when pulling -> Charged Blast, use this time to check for spark storm effect -> if storm procced you go to -> Lightning Sparks.
    if storm didn't proc, you continue spamming Lightning Strikes, and always be ready with Charged Blast or Lighting Sparks with spark storm when they are available!

Don't listen to the guy that said to pull with Lightning Sparks. You'll min/max on survival/dps if you pull with Lightning Strike, then move onto Lightning Sparks after for debuff. His advice to CC and heal up is good though.

Edit: Forgot about debuff from lightning sparks, lol so had to edit.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 13th March 2013 at 17:16.

Default Thanks

Lurvi, thanks for the advice. That helped out a ton! Changed my spec then ran through the cycle like you said and now I can take on multiple mobs no problem. Using sparks at the right time is key.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane-Hart View Post

Thanks!
    i dunno anything about the ToS but looking at your video and on the first mob i spot huge problem, which is, you only use one spell... the idea is to rotate between spells/abilities, some increase your damage/defense, some decrease target attacks, etc, look for the descriptions on them, and use them wisely, practising will make you better and to feat up you should also look at the descriptions and feat stuff you feel you require, more defence?, more attack? only you know! (this is the same for all classes, but each one has its own play style)

lets say the ToS has a root spell and a snare:
    for example, on the wave of two mobs you got on your back and you run away, you could root them, then just run far enough so they wont hit you, and heal up and inflict damage with spells on them while they are rooted, when the root is almost over you hit them with a snare to decrease their movement and give you time to heal a bit more before they get near you.... (remember this example might not be valid because i dont know if ToS has root and/or snare abilities/spells)

anyway, follow what others already said before me, they know the class and i dont, but the rotation between the tools you have is the same for all classes (their differ in style and types and ranges...)

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    i dunno anything about the ToS but looking at your video and on the first mob i spot huge problem, which is, you only use one spell... the idea is to rotate between spells/abilities, some increase your damage/defense, some decrease target attacks, etc, look for the descriptions on them, and use them wisely, practising will make you better and to feat up you should also look at the descriptions and feat stuff you feel you require, more defence?, more attack? only you know! (this is the same for all classes, but each one has its own play style)

lets say the ToS has a root spell and a snare:
    for example, on the wave of two mobs you got on your back and you run away, you could root them, then just run far enough so they wont hit you, and heal up and inflict damage with spells on them while they are rooted, when the root is almost over you hit them with a snare to decrease their movement and give you time to heal a bit more before they get near you.... (remember this example might not be valid because i dont know if ToS has root and/or snare abilities/spells)

anyway, follow what others already said before me, they know the class and i dont, but the rotation between the tools you have is the same for all classes (their differ in style and types and ranges...)
    at level 20, you only have 1 spell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast