Thread: Re-Evaluate Level 50 Destiny Fight

Default Re-Evaluate Level 50 Destiny Fight

I have no issues with the other Destiny fights. I feel the mechanic tweaks on those are interesting and challenging.

However, the Mithrelle fight is long, tedious, boring and serves no real purpose, except to test if you are a DPS class or not.

I fought her with my Guardian, and no joke, the fight lasted 14 Minutes, 29 Seconds. If you are a healer or a tank, this fight is utterly and completely miserable. Fight for 3-7 seconds, knock off 1% of her health, 2% if you are lucky, get tossed out of combat range, get stuck in place for 3-4 seconds, then run back and repeat the cycle until she is dead. 14 minutes and 12 Health Pots/Stamina Pots later, I finally killed her.

The fight feels about as epic as trying to kill Godzilla with a dull spoon. Oh, and for the record...constant, uninteruptable knockbacks on a schedule? Totally not the express lane to cool.

Devs, please, I beg you...redo this fight! More mechanics and cool factor, less HP storage tank.

PLEASE!

(Added as a short line to the Suggestions thread.)

And don't forget to put the items you removed from the game (mithrelles belt, mithrelles ring, mithrelles bracers etc.) back into where they belong (the lvl50 destiny fight against mithrelle!).

Agree otherwise about this battle. The mechanics in the other fights have not changed for the better though as well, imo...but there at least they work.
    Mithrelles fight is totally messed up (the ice worm can not be controlled properly...he is not attacking mithrelle when he is supposed to...and the worm dies to easily (even when only getting damage from mithrelle)...which still leaves the player to finish 50% or more of the new bubble mithrelles health...even when you do this fight as supposed to as non dps, you end up with a stupid boring timesink. What happened to the good old mithrelle (a mage, not a stone golem), that damaged you...and teleported around when you least wanted her while laughing at you afterwards?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 12th March 2013 at 20:31.

the Lv50 Destiny Mithrele fight is working good
    I it takes so long for you to kill her, it means you don't understand the mechanic there.

you need to check two of her casting bar skills, and you shouldn't be interested in the Ice worm, let him be...

focus on the cast bar, and when you see ''Glacial Breath'', just side step left/right to avoid the knockback.
    then she looses her 'bubble' that gives her 90% damage deflection or something and starts slowly casting ''Beastial Control''.
    Now if you have a 'stun' ability, then wait till the casting bar is over and use your stun so that you will hit her when she fast casts her 'buble again'. If you time it good, you can easily DPS her for long enough...she again casts then Glacial Breath etc.

Fights is easy and tricky - but works ok.
    and the Ice worm attacks her, if you cancel her 'beastial control'spell

This is all known, but thank you
    I am always fighting like you mentioned...the difference in annoyingness lies just between theory and practice (lag, cooldowns, bugs), which makes me totally dislike the new design.

The problem is the way it is cast and how often she gets the bubble and that the knockback is hard to avoid. Basically you only have a small time window in which you can damage her, while she damages you all the while. If i can ignore the worm, why is he even there (what i meant is, that he is too squishy to profit from him fighting mithrelle) ?

Why the design is NOT good? For some classes this fight is just way more easier than for other classes and builds. This is a fail design for a solo fight that is obligatory for everyone, if he/she wants to progress in the main quest chain (not even mentioning the non-worthwhile rewards, even if you categorize such a fight as "challenge" and "difficult").

Btw, i never had any real problem with Mithrelle...old or new version. But this does not mean i have to LIKE the fight and the mechanics. My main issue is not with the mechanics (at least i don't have to stand them more than once, unlike other bosses in instances or raids), but with the completely unnecessary removal of unique and useful loot.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 13th March 2013 at 08:06.

The fight mechanics are good as they are IMO.

But they should increase the time Mithrelle needs to bring the worm back under her control so that one could attack her a bit longer before she gets her bubble anew.

Get the nice items back that she used to drop. They were kinda cool. But make them social so any class can wear them.

Over all i don't really see the point in the changes that were made, they didn't make the fights more challenging. Possibly less challenging.

I do think that each destiny finisher, should generate a nice blue item of your class when you go meet your trainer. Like the bundle you get from Kalanthes when you kill Strom.
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

Posts/requests like this should be added to the Suggestions Thread.

Please make sure to look for threads that already apply to what you want to post before making a new thread.

Thread closed
    Thread Closed
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.