Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: King Conan's Throne Room

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    If you mouse over the clickables you will see by their descriptions that they are relics from Conan's days as an adventurer.

I actually don't think they were ever given more purpose than to be something for fans.
    Exactly. On my first trip into Conan's throne room in 2008, I had to look around, and recognized each of the items on pedestals as being from R.E. Howard stories. Was a wonderful Easter egg.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamVernia View Post
    Who gives that quest?
    Your Khitan destiny quest contact in the starting area of Gateway to Khitai.

AFAIK, only Khitan characters get the quest to kill Conan.
    Quæ tam fera immanisque natura? - Cicero, Pro Sexto Roscio
    ------
    Heraclea (conq)--Hippolyte (rgr)--Ursamaior (BS)--Turandot (demo)--Nhutruong (DT)--Grignette (barb)--Haboob (HoX)--Androctone (guard)--Almawt (sin)--Dysphemia (necro)
    讓我給你讀你的內臟

Quote Originally Posted by Heraclea View Post
    Your Khitan destiny quest contact in the starting area of Gateway to Khitai.

AFAIK, only Khitan characters get the quest to kill Conan.
    in fact, i have it with my bs...

i even tried to do it, but of course conan killed me in a mattter of seconds... i guess it's not really doable, is it??
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    in fact, i have it with my bs...

i even tried to do it, but of course conan killed me in a mattter of seconds... i guess it's not really doable, is it??
    I attempted it on my Khitai Bear as well, and was dead about .05 seconds after the chat closed.

When the subject comes up in global - either someone asking facetiously if Conan can be attacked or someone mentioning/asking about the Khitai assassination quest - I usually ask anyone who says they've tried the quest how it went. Their reply is invariably something mirroring mine above - 'dead right after cinematic is done'.

Quote Originally Posted by Amabala View Post
    I attempted it on my Khitai Bear as well, and was dead about .05 seconds after the chat closed.

When the subject comes up in global - either someone asking facetiously if Conan can be attacked or someone mentioning/asking about the Khitai assassination quest - I usually ask anyone who says they've tried the quest how it went. Their reply is invariably something mirroring mine above - 'dead right after cinematic is done'.
    i wonder if there is a way to avoid the combat and complete the quest anyway....
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Funcom

I'm pretty sure I wrote that actually.
    Conan wants to test himself against you just to prove he isn't getting off his game, as I recall correctly.

So even if you try to be nice about it, I am fairly certain I wrote it so you get chopped no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    I'm pretty sure I wrote that actually.
    Conan wants to test himself against you just to prove he isn't getting off his game, as I recall correctly.

So even if you try to be nice about it, I am fairly certain I wrote it so you get chopped no matter what.
    Yep...so far, I haven't been able to NOT fight him on 3 toons. If I remember correctly, you can

1. Go RAH and try to kill him
    2. Not go RAH and he kinda says "C'mon, lets see what happens"

Either way...It's freaking Conan man! He's not losing. Hell, he doesn't even lose when he abdicates the throne to his son and has his last adventures in South America. He just walks off....

It's a lame cutscene. Why didn't you allow us to actually fight back?
    edit:vvv Meh, give him 22 million hp then.
    Last edited by cins; 20th March 2013 at 01:06.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    It's a lame cutscene. Why didn't you allow us to actually fight back?
    Maybe because someone might 21 million hit bug it? Wouldn't do to have Conan be one-shotted
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Conan does a move called "Barbarian Perfection" (or some **** like that) which is basically a minion kill

He apologizes and says that "we're even now".
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 20th March 2013 at 10:06.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast