Thread: Returning player with questions

Default Returning player with questions

I'm back after one year away from game. I just made lvl 80 but I am missing about 4 pieces of blue gear which my guard will need to begin doing 6 mans and T1s. What is the best way for me to pick up the blue gear I need? Can I build a competitive guard through straight single player questing or must I join a guild and do 6 mans? PUGs seem out of the question due to this games lack of a group finder utility.

Thanks

u dont need a groupfinder, there is lots of groups in global, both khitai normal modes, and old world, and if u want there is no reason why u cant make those groups your self.

Blue gear is quite easy to get, but it can be easy to buy some cheap gear before u go tanking.

lots of peeps out there to help u also..

You don't need full blues and you could've started T1 at level 70. All you need to do is to learn how to swap agro with another tank for starting out (and not getting hustled into thinking you must have that AA/gear/XP crap you see all the time on global). Be bold and join groups for any nonHM dungeons.

You could theoretically get all the gear you could ever want solo (if you have Khitai and Turan expansions) but it'd involve a grind too terrible to comprehend.

If you must get blues, there should be 6 piece Acheronian fullplate set on trader. It'd be extremely expensive for a new player plus it's more of a vanity item these days. There's also Stoneheart set but it's probably just as expensive. Never waste money on generic lv80 blue crafted armors for any class (bluesteel? I don't even remember its name). They're a waste.

Easiest way to get blues is doing normal mode dungeons. Dungeons in Grasslands and Chosain are all very easy on normal mode, and Threshold of Divinity (House of Crom) is practically an open buffet (well not for the tank, needs a lot of skill and gear for main tanking, but for the 5 other guys in group). Old dungeons from before Khitai are even easier, but they don't have as much loot.

Of special note is Atzel's Fortress, it's the best and most popular training dungeon, it should be relatively easy to get a group for it. It doesn't have all that powerful stuff but that's where you're gonna learn how to tank.

Definitely join a guild. They'll teach you all sorts of stuff. Pugs work off of global and lfg chat channels (group finders are for the socially inept!). It should be relatively easy to get a group for a normal mode run for many dungeons, doubly so for for Atzel. Ask your questions in new player help channel (make a seperate tab for it), there's usually someone who'll answer.

vvv
    Quote Originally Posted by HaremBunny View Post
    All of the above is true.... If you are on EU-Crom-server (PvE).

How the situation is on EU-Fury/Rage-servers (PvP) or the US-servers I don't know.

In the new Global forums this vital information.
    This is true though.
    Last edited by cins; 12th March 2013 at 12:55.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkonge View Post
    u dont need a groupfinder, there is lots of groups in global, both khitai normal modes, and old world, and if u want there is no reason why u cant make those groups your self.

Blue gear is quite easy to get, but it can be easy to buy some cheap gear before u go tanking.

lots of peeps out there to help u also..
    All of the above is true.... If you are on EU-Crom-server (PvE).

How the situation is on EU-Fury/Rage-servers (PvP) or the US-servers I don't know.

In the new Global forums this vital information.
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

Just for reference's sake: I have put about 50 casual hours into Khitai grinding for a new 80 and am about a night away from having Rank 3 faction blues from my armor faction. Those blues are comparable to Tier 1 raid armor, which might raise your comfort level a bit before you plunge into tanking raids.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.