Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SOme recent issues and regular rant

Default SOme recent issues and regular rant

hey i gave some spin my barb lvl 80 who is currently on b&g eu server and thoughts are still the same - i know that FC doesnt care about pvp part of community but seriously if recent game director dont want to be hated and balmed by whole wrong happenings in universe as it was with his predessesor he should talk to game developers coding team and state that if they want to make non logical and planned steps which break players experience in game they will be sacked or something - clear for me as spotless sunshine in clear of clouds sky at day time, well its really annoying to have something in common with this game and how i feel about time i gave to it.

example - i know that sometime my thoughts about gameplay are not correct since my post stays and nobody can look into pure code of the game from past but i still try to point out some incorrect lets call it algorithms that are in regular day by day gameplay which probably nobody is conciouss of them existing - those liking to surprise coders (remind us of various bugs and spoilers from past - lags, dcs, group bug and much more, where i dont really care about pve but they had their piece to get it to know too) are without even a threat of punishment ... And imo they supose to lead whole team with hope and ideas of bright future - when one cog falls dont expect that to work right,

Ok back on subject - first reaver tree feat called reave of barbarian class is broken - it says it gives 25% weapon damage modifier all together and it gives only 1,4% checked that in skills&atributes menu and have simillar thought from gameplay having it and that it doesnt change numbers at all, there is more or was that king of hidden tricks but i dont really want to get into it - knowing wisdom of past gd. Stances bonuses are wrongly described as well as they gave totally diferent scores in real encounters, another one haste buff says something and doest totally diferent - i only spoted this ones today since i didnt know that there is weapon damage calculator in s&a menu - fc probably added it not long time ago, anyway this pretty much puts me off from the game since i have every class at 80 i cant play with my favourite barbarian coz seriously he is more annoying then anything else when you get into it

If you look into FC idea of this game - first what there is that they wrongly gave it pve meaning - they dont see score - well pve didnt give them 1m subs at start when it was advertisted as pvp game you didnt see before and well tbh its a fail not a mmo, secondly following up its pve design you have classes that were picked as favourite in developing since they have important role in pve - tanks - heals where idiotic rules from pve broke totally pvp aspect! If anyone read it pls dont be rude o me i only expressed my thought which i believe are close or more or less to the truth about thing, so again pls FC dont put your customers into one big pile of lies ok? think of how can you improove your relationsship with them

Edited by Arishanya for flaming/trolling.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 13th March 2013 at 21:43.

Quote Originally Posted by dagdasamildanac View Post
    Ok back on subject - first reaver tree feat called reave of barbarian class is broken - it says it gives 25% weapon damage modifier all together and it gives only 1,4% checked that in skills&atributes menu and have simillar thought from gameplay having it and that it doesnt change numbers at all, there is more or was that king of hidden tricks but i dont really want to get into it - knowing wisdom of past gd. Stances bonuses are wrongly described as well as they gave totally diferent scores in real encounters, another one haste buff says something and doest totally diferent - i only spoted this ones today since i didnt know that there is weapon damage calculator in s&a menu - fc probably added it not long time ago, anyway this pretty much puts me off from the game since i have every class at 80 i cant play with my favourite barbarian coz seriously he is more annoying then anything else when you get into it
    Maybe you should really "get into it" and post some numbers? I didn't know that such basic feats are broken.

Quote Originally Posted by dagdasamildanac View Post

Edited by Arishanya for flaming/trolling.
    Dougsi, you simply don't play the barb well. there are a few minor issues.

Reaver is fun, but it requires quite alot of skills and AA/Gear to do well on...

It lacks CCs and survivablity.

You need to be really geared out maybe T4 weapon/pvp 10 gear/crazy khitai rings to see reaver shine.
    It was alot better right when 1.5-2.0 or even up to 3.0 patch reaver wasnt as bad, but thats because not everyone has insane amount of AAs and extreme amounr of gear.
    RIght now with the T4 and some top khitai items people melt like crazy in pvp...

Also just an advice, a carnage conq with some decent gear/aa can do alot better than reaver barb...
    The conq has fear/kb while reaver barb is kb/stun
    Conq only has less cc break (1) but has flashing defense.(half bubble)

Idk carange conq just seem to be the better option if one can play it right ( it might seem a bit harder than reaver but its not)

25% weapon damage doesn't mean a 25% increase in your base dps if that is the stat you are referring to. Your base dps is a combination of a lot of factors not just your weapon damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartaacus View Post
    Reaver is fun, but it requires quite alot of skills and AA/Gear to do well on...

It lacks CCs and survivablity.

You need to be really geared out maybe T4 weapon/pvp 10 gear/crazy khitai rings to see reaver shine.
    You dont play reaver with reaver/gen build, if so.. ofc you'll melt like crazy or melt like crazy while standing still(without arcane marauder). Yeah reaver reqs more skill than a pure zerker but doesnt reqs the same gear. You can still do considerable damage with t1 pvp swords with heavy reaver hybrid but zerker needs at least a t3 axe/ibis or above to do better than laughable damage.

Over all barb has solid but outdated feat trees. Zerker needs a serious damage buff but at the same time first half or more of the reaver tree shouldnt help zerker at all if such a buff to zerker tree happens.

imo reaver/general is much easier, much more dumb gameplay than zerker/general. Another thing is that reaver/general is only good for brainless pugs. You cannot perform really well and give so much to your team in balanced premades.

reaver/gen is dumb crap, only good for k/d whoring at pugs, but much less efficient for your team.

Reaver gen is defenceless, less CCs, no AM. but if you can pop some buffs at a target without a bubble, you'll melt him. Once I finished a pvp10 barb with pvp3 barb just with a WW combo and AF. Roll an assassin instead, much better. Tho I was talking about reaver heavy - hybrid(which has dance of death and arcane marauder) build which reqs more skill to play than pure zerker.

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyMad View Post
    Tho I was talking about reaver heavy - hybrid(which has dance of death and arcane marauder) build which reqs more skill to play than pure zerker.
    In minigames term I wouldnt say that hybrid (i.e. full arcane and DoD) is more difficult to play than berserker, they are different, I would rather say that hybrid is easier to play in pugs, with hybrid is easier to get more kills, maybe you lack a bit of survivability comparing to berserker but if you use AM properly it shouldnt be a problem in randoms.

Imo hybrid barb is really well balanced atm in pvp, while if i could fix zerker tree with only few changes - I would drastically improve devastation crit chance(so there would be a reason to get it instead of reverse swing), improve blood frenzy (40% per feat point instead 20%) and what might be interesting make staggering blow to drain mana or stamina or energy (that would also make berserker playable in duels vs shammies).

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyMad View Post
    ...Zerker needs a serious damage buff...
    i dont understand how zerker needs serious damage buff when i see pure zerker barbs (not even high level) with k/d of 10/2, 11/1, and so on, on minigames (of course they all jump around like crazy chikens to survive and never miss a hit lololol)!?
    i personally tried zerker full and can get those stats of k/d so i play hybrid, works fine for me
    on the reaver side, imo, what lacks is surviving and maybe at least one type of CC at the end of the tree - the 15% evade from predatory instincts is nothing at lvl80, the damage from overpower useless at lvl80 (even with lots of stacks on reaver), the ambidextrous, i really dont understand the use of 5 points to 10% CHANCE, not permanent, of offhand attack, and thers the Sever also that i wont even say anything about it lol!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast