Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition Against Upcoming Changes in AAs (PvE)

and Alan, if you seek challenge.. why don't you push your guild to do T4 raiding? it should keep you busy for a while. T3 is three year old content, its time to move on to more challenging things for you as well, especially since you are a veteran player yourself.

and nobody cares about the key that Saddur now drops, or lvl80 destiny quest, or stamina/energy stuff.. why are you obsessed with these insignificant things? you are wasting a lot of time to fight battles you cannot win..

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoskult View Post
    and Alan, if you seek challenge.. why don't you push your guild to do T4 raiding?
    We are busy with T3.5, T4, and T3 at the moment.

Seems like it, but I like saying what I think without restrictions, and that is my problem. I should be more considerate, you are right.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Can a mod please delete this thread?
    It contains too much negative information based on false assumption.

FYI OP
    it takes crap load of time to train AAs and it freaking sucks to do these 6mans and or pve quests just to get these aas... ask anyone

Whatever is done it should be done with the intent to make all of the content that has been created more relevant and not less relevant I would hate to log on and see only the top tier stuff being done that would be a sad day for AOC. The population would suffer as well when people run out of things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoskult View Post
    whats the rush to start doing hardmodes right after becoming lvl80? new player playing his/hers first character to lvl80 is not suppose to start doing hard modes and/or t3 raids right away.
    They see the blablaHM MUST HAVE GEAR/AA/XP crap on global all day every day, and assume it's what they also must do.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    They see the blablaHM MUST HAVE GEAR/AA/XP crap on global all day every day, and assume it's what they also must do.
    actually, that "Gear, AA, Exp" line on global doesn't mean anything. most guys who make pug groups don't check gear on those who join groups, for example a guardian using wisdom polearm who answered to be main tank for monastery run. and clearly if a guy asks what he is suppose to do, that guy has zero experience and should not be in a pug group. and often the people in the group don't have needed AA either but you notice that when burn skin have killed everyone.. so its quite misleading and stupid thing to add.

on the other hand, if you are looking for proper group with no nabs, you get to spend the evening alone...

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Seriously, where did this list come from? TSW is supposed to be the game about conspiracies. Nothing on that list is even close to what we are discussing right now.

While I appreciate the time spent compiling this information I think you should wait until we release our actual plans.
    You know how people are oh mighty new Overlord.^^

I would just give people a one time unlock of the most useful choices for there class. Which imho is for rogues tainted weapon and finely honed, mages should get unbinding charm and tanks ofc resolve.

Add one gold AA of each players choice and we are golden. The other stuff is usually just icing on the cake. Without the prober debuff removers you can`t play in a lot of Kithai dungeons unfortunately in HM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Seriously, where did this list come from? TSW is supposed to be the game about conspiracies. Nothing on that list is even close to what we are discussing right now.

While I appreciate the time spent compiling this information I think you should wait until we release our actual plans.
    This is why its great that you come on here and are clear about these things. Before this would have been turning into a "truth" real quick. Keep up the good work
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

While I don't agree with instantly giving new 80's all the perks that veterans have been striving to get for months or maybe years, I think
    FC should dramatically increase AA XP gain for levels 20-79. This would encourage people to level toons, learn how to play and enjoy the game as opposed to the "i want it all now" insta-80 with high end items and perks.

I really think that the AA system is what gives Age of Conan it's longevity. Because when you sit down and play a game like lets say World of Warcraft. Once you fully gear out your toon, what real reason is there to bring it to anything? You get sick of the character, and sit around gearing out alts until the next set of gear is released. Where as in AoC this isn't always the case. I have a fully geared HoX, but his AA tree isn't complete. So even though it doesn't need any gear, I continue to play it simply to fill out it's AA tree. If they were to get rid of AA's or make it take no time at all to get AA's, I think people would get bored just that much quicker.

I will say this however, as it currently stands, the AA system is imbalanced as far as how long it takes to get Prowess versus Mastery. It takes no time at all to get Mastery, it's extremely easy. Where as Prowess takes far to long. The comparison is night and day, and this really must be addressed.

Maybe put a system in place where if you've got an active sub to the game, there is a way to get AA's faster. I know there are pots that give 20% increase to mastery/prowess for 4 hours. But I mean something better.
    Last edited by Deathsader; 13th March 2013 at 03:39.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast