Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DPS Blues

Question DPS Blues

I just cant figure out why my dots aren't hitting like the other necros. I have FTW maxed on aa's as well as warm swarm and a pretty nice dts spec. I'm also wearing all khitia purples 3 of which are not BB which is what im going for. I use the pvp 1 tali and dagger atm until I get the faction ones. In my perks Im using pressing and decisive, will of sublime and ethereal escape and supreme lich. I also spellweave (deathgod). But for some reason I see less geared/aa'd necros hitting much harder than me in pvp. What am I missing here? One of them told me they use field of war but Im just lost here. Can some of you vet necro guys help me out?

post build please, ,also can´t remember exactly, but I guess those pvp weapons aren´t exactly the best material

post build and are you using blasphemy for random double ticks?
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

PVP weapons suck. Get a firestick or Serruah quest reward staff and you'll see an increase right away. I think my magic damage when I run DTS is around 1800. And that's nothing special. So if you aren't near there, then that's your answer.

Here's some other stuff to consider once you get your gear sorted.

I use Lifestrike every time it's up to get the debuff stacked. I also tend to use the red buff, I forget the name, gives you spell penetration and protection vs elemental magic. Debuffs + spell pen makes dots hit harder. Granted it's not tons harder, but every little bit counts.

The other thing to consider is your teammates and your targets. If you are targeting people who have alot of protection, you're less effective. And if your team isn't debuffing targets, then you'll hit for less. Remember DT's and Sins debuff for you and Demos debuff your Icestrike and Chill. I think POMs debuff is for unholy too, so there's alot of variables.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

OP.

Throw the pvp weapons in the trash the low levels are junk

Same perks i use, same gear. if you get debuff support from your pug team mates and a cc here and there, the opposition should be melting. Unless of course your facing the mighty tank only team, in which case your f*barred.

You should be seeing your base magic damage around 2000- 2100 in pve gear.

Only downside is anyone in PVE T4 and or PVP T3 is gonna laugh at your dots. Hopefully your oponent doesn't have a blue deflector shield up for you to base your dot damage on=

How bad are your dots ticking in the Set pug moshpit?

If your PVP opponents arn't geared right out your ftw should be ticking for 4-700 and pb 3-600 dont think I have seen MOD much over 200.

Default Reply

Im only using the pvp weapons until I get the tiger dagger/hyk tali combo. Firestick is in my agenda but you have to keep in mind I play on dw so some of the 6 mans etc are hard to come by. (good team with proper class designated aa's). Is the lemurian firestick better than that combo? But keep in mind some the guys hitting harder than me are using the pvp 1 staff. I have started using blasphemy (extra damage on ftw) and I havent tried using sets ruin yet in a mini. Am I using the wrong perks? Anyhow here is my build guys critics are welcome I need help.

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/7...picture004.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Xenic View Post
    PVP weapons suck. Get a firestick or Serruah quest reward staff and you'll see an increase right away. I think my magic damage when I run DTS is around 1800. And that's nothing special. So if you aren't near there, then that's your answer.

Here's some other stuff to consider once you get your gear sorted.

I use Lifestrike every time it's up to get the debuff stacked. I also tend to use the red buff, I forget the name, gives you spell penetration and protection vs elemental magic. Debuffs + spell pen makes dots hit harder. Granted it's not tons harder, but every little bit counts.

The other thing to consider is your teammates and your targets. If you are targeting people who have alot of protection, you're less effective. And if your team isn't debuffing targets, then you'll hit for less. Remember DT's and Sins debuff for you and Demos debuff your Icestrike and Chill. I think POMs debuff is for unholy too, so there's alot of variables.
    Serruah stick? Where do I find this quest?

well to become one who understand a class correctlly is some time to pass but to dont know how to read descriptions properly is a problem with eyes > i see you took despoil the soul which firslty when i read begining i thought it may be because of that - but im not sure since you took also pet tree the ability (sry i dont remeber how is it named) that allows you to summon aoe range pets without need of having a heart in shackles so i usually play with nec 7 x despoil the soul plus one meele pet let it be the one with swords - i like looks of him - actually close to simillarity of raised dead - not like some other high fantasy sh1t, so i said at least 1 meele pet coz he can be taunted so he stagger which is aditionall not all te time but at least 4 sec range and time gain and he can be subject of plenty other casts and orders like syphon life, some spell that gives you more then 20% base damage which is imo more then that about 199ish magic damage from 8th despoil the soul, and ofc i dont take any end feats from any tree since they are trash and there is more viable choices to take and to spend some talents points into, one advise instead of taking that lvl 60 middle pet tree ability go for the on from 50 grade that curse victim so he gets aditionall hurt from recieving meele hits > best to handle those tanks > gangbanging tchem few minutes to death ... jheesh what da f hell is this game heh? so im not still sure if my guess was correct but anyway diference comes from gear and its like 100% or even more so if you dont have top notch items yet you will surely lack some to others > get use to this its all about pve this game and treasures ...

Default reply

Quote Originally Posted by dagdasamildanac View Post
    well to become one who understand a class correctlly is some time to pass but to dont know how to read descriptions properly is a problem with eyes > i see you took despoil the soul which firslty when i read begining i thought it may be because of that - but im not sure since you took also pet tree the ability (sry i dont remeber how is it named) that allows you to summon aoe range pets without need of having a heart in shackles so i usually play with nec 7 x despoil the soul plus one meele pet let it be the one with swords - i like looks of him - actually close to simillarity of raised dead - not like some other high fantasy sh1t, so i said at least 1 meele pet coz he can be taunted so he stagger which is aditionall not all te time but at least 4 sec range and time gain and he can be subject of plenty other casts and orders like syphon life, some spell that gives you more then 20% base damage which is imo more then that about 199ish magic damage from 8th despoil the soul, and ofc i dont take any end feats from any tree since they are trash and there is more viable choices to take and to spend some talents points into, one advise instead of taking that lvl 60 middle pet tree ability go for the on from 50 grade that curse victim so he gets aditionall hurt from recieving meele hits > best to handle those tanks > gangbanging tchem few minutes to death ... jheesh what da f hell is this game heh? so im not still sure if my guess was correct but anyway diference comes from gear and its like 100% or even more so if you dont have top notch items yet you will surely lack some to others > get use to this its all about pve this game and treasures ...
    Its not a gear issue. These guys from Black Out that are out dpsing me have nowhere near the gear or aa's that I have. I've noticed their necros take ALOT more of a beating than mine will

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast