Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crafting Revamp

Well i wouldnt be so sure about things already said. This was another GD and i am not sure if the new one will release the system like that. Maybe there will be twweaks or whole changes to the systems.

or in other words: we know nothing at the moment. Everything could have changed with the new GD and the whole new situation FC is in. Hell, its not even sure if the craftsystem is coming at all and even if its coming, it can even be next year. So stop with all that guessing and whining until there are proper information about that change.

I would wait at least until something is on testlive, otherwise it's all theory and he said she said type of things, which leads to issues later ( you know when people say but I heard this blah blah blah he said that blah blah blah ) so......to ease the current and future drama just wait and see comes. IMO
    Perception is everything, and yours doesnt matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    Well i wouldnt be so sure about things already said. This was another GD and i am not sure if the new one will release the system like that. Maybe there will be twweaks or whole changes to the systems.

or in other words: we know nothing at the moment. Everything could have changed with the new GD and the whole new situation FC is in. Hell, its not even sure if the craftsystem is coming at all and even if its coming, it can even be next year. So stop with all that guessing and whining until there are proper information about that change.
    Dont think new GD will differ much. FC has limited resources atm and changing already coded big update is very unlikely.

Default Skinning

No mention of the Skinning SKILL, or lack of skill (never seen an animal that take off their skin and "maybe" leave it in a bag on the ground), someone should show "Funcom" how skin is made...

EVERY animal has a skin! SKILL vs Droprate!

SIZE of the animal is Proportional to amount of leather you get, isn't it ?!?!

DROPRATE - I really hope i don't have to slay 203-Mammoths to get a set of gauntlets.. (203 is the number of mammoths i had to kill for my latest creation, took far to long time).

QUIZ:
    1 - How many Square Feet is a Mammoth's Hide?
    2 - How many Square Feet is a Hand?
    Last edited by Dawizz; 16th April 2013 at 21:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawizz View Post
    No mention of the Skinning SKILL, or lack of skill (never seen an animal that take off their skin and "maybe" leave it in a bag on the ground), someone should show "Funcom" how skin is made...

EVERY animal has a skin! SKILL vs Droprate!

SIZE of the animal is Proportional to amount of leather you get, isn't it ?!?!

DROPRATE - I really hope i don't have to slay 203-Mammoths to get a set of gauntlets.. (203 is the number of mammoths i had to kill for my latest creation, took far to long time).

QUIZ:

I agree, it might be more fun, less frustrating and maybe a refreshing change to be able to 'skin' any beast for leather drops, it's a game. Games follow their own rules, and frequently they run contrary to reality. Trying to justify changes because it doesn't happen that way in the real world will fall on deaf ears.

One example where i say "screw realism":

In a game featuring charbound items in the amount of variety like AoC and no way to store things (like big chest or player housing...bank space is by FAR not enough) conveniently, i definitely would not want items to have a volume and weight (though without the charboundness, storage space or easily customizeable or remakeable items, this would be different).

Another thing is teleporting or paths. Though absolutely not realistic (even in conans hyboria), as long as group content widely spread out in the world exists, it is a good thing to have (or would you be ok with letting 20 or more people wait, just because you had to cross all the loading screens and zones by foot, horse or abdomination?).

Still i agree, a skillbased gathering system, requiring players to have the skill AND the tools at hand to get items, would not hurt.

I don't like the idea of getting rid of the recipe system altogether but I agree a change must be done in that direction. As a suggestion, can we have instead a blueprint system ala eve online? For instance, I can create blueprint copies which I could eventually sell or pass to others crafters which they can use to craft my inventions or epic/cultural crafting discoveries? Basically we make our own recipes which have a timer. We can craft a limited number of blueprints before the recipe will scramble again. Each blueprint allow licence to craft the item a number of times.

cheers

The current crafting system must be left at any rate, no matter what happens (that means, even if the new one gets added).
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawizz View Post
    QUIZ:
    3 - How can a mammoth evade your attack?

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyMad View Post
    3 - How can a mammoth evade your attack?
    No 1 man should be able to take down something like a mammoth, not without a good gun at any rate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast