Default Barb Solo Build

Barb Solo Build
    http://aocfeats.com/feat/barb/1121dd...dbca1e8491d8a8

This build needs Khitai gear and AAs
    Class AAs Useful with this build
    Upheaval and Without Warning
    Boneshatter and Without Warning

Version 2.0
    Last edited by Doomkiller; 15th May 2013 at 12:41.

This build works
    It relies on crit rating thats y it needs khitai gear and AAs

That is nearly exactly the build I've used. It is a very survivable solo build. (at least it was when I used it) and very fun to play. 0

Wow that was a strange build. Whats the purpose of it? What combo rotation do you use? Wreck Armor only for debuffing, I guess, and Upheaval/Butcher plus Staggering Blow's Reverse Swing for dps? But points in Whirlwind and Jagged Cut? I only needed Unstoppable when doing faction quests in Paikang, those mobs hit me really hard!

In "solo" pve I just use my pvp build tbh http://goo.gl/2rzIm
    No problem survivability wise with pvp perks (pressing/decisive, anti CCs, bone shatter/without warning)

Just manage your BR stacks and your CCs and you're fine. Wreck armour is simply devastating (use at least 3 ranks IMO).
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

There are many many ways to solo with barb, all of them good enough, lots o option for pure zerker, pure reaver and/or hybrid (hybrid has the most of options) - no need for general tree in soloing IMO...
    im a fast paced player that constantly attack multiple adds and always risking my life a lot, i even attack more than one with half of health, so this build might not work with players that kills mobs then wait for health to replenish, so:

THE BUILD
    BLUE PERKS - Anything for pve will do, but i prefer to use Decisive Strikes (for criticals) and Immeasurable Empowerment (small boost on armor and protections mainly)
    RED PERKS - Liberation for both combat rating increase and antiCC on some mobs/bosses and the other one can be Tainted Weapons or Arcane Plunder (i prefer AP because the healings mobs have that can be removed with TW are not that high to the damage i inflict on them)
    GREEN PERKS - Tools at Hand (others also work but you shouldn't change stances and therefore no need for feats to maximize both stances stacks to x15 like i have on my build)

1- Starting fights with any of the stances but i prefer to use reaver
    2- put all mobs together (3-4 or more, depending on their level and classes) then cc them with EARTH SHATTER
    3- change weapons and hit WRECK ARMOR IV (use WA III if you dont have the IV) and when animation starts activate DANCE OF DEATH, then use WRECK ARMOR II (faster animation than II and IV but still huge aoe burst damage)
    4- change weapons again and use CLOBBER (the V is the best because its fast but has a bit less damage than IV)
    5- change weapons and hit JAGGED CUTS III (IV needs 3 step and its too long for me)
    6- now the rest depends on the mobs still alive, how much health they still have and the distance they are to you, and reaver stacks will be higher than x10, so what to do next might be different each fights but overal is like, if mobs are too far away from your primary target (because of the KB effect) you change weapons again and hit them all with BUTCHER IX otherwise you dont need to change weapons and use CYCLONE OF STEEL IX instead (CoS is the one preferred because of critical hits so try to KB the mobs in a way they dont get to separated from each other too much)

ADDITIONAL:
    - Keep hitting them with OVERPOWER ability whenever its available (it can be used on combo animations at the same time);
    - are you dying???? use BACK IN FRAY to start healing up (specially if you have x15 reaver which happens very often and very fast because of AOE from wreck armors and their opening critical) and then TOOLS AT HANDS that will give you a damage buff plus the healing from blood rage stance (possibly x10 stacks if you used the back in fray) and dont stop attacking (using healing pots if you want also, i dont need to use them though, mobs die before i get too low on health)
    - why BLITZ ability??? mainly for my own fun to reach targets faster for example, but also sometimes comes in hand when fighting some melee targets and all of a sudden a ranged mob starts attacking, using blitz to reach him and CC him fast is usefull

anyway, this might be confusing to play but it is not, specially if you are a reaver/hybrid barb on pvp that requires to change weapons to CC targets and used to doing so (my pvp build is different than this one of course - HERE IT IS, just in case your interest), just a bit of practice AND I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS BUILD TO PVE PLAYERS THAT DON'T USE KEY-BINDS, it is a MUST DO for this to work, clickers will have a very very hard time playing like this because everything must be fast and with your eyes on targets rather than the mouse pointer

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    In "solo" pve I just use my pvp build tbh http://goo.gl/2rzIm
    No problem survivability wise with pvp perks (pressing/decisive, anti CCs, bone shatter/without warning)

Just manage your BR stacks and your CCs and you're fine. Wreck armour is simply devastating (use at least 3 ranks IMO).
    i agree, any good pvp build works very well in pve solo, specially reaver/hybrid builds, ive tried them, but zerker is the one that i hate most (too few damage compared to Wrecks armors from reaver )