Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Guard Suggestion

Why in the **** are your DTs spamming taunts in defensive stance at 1700 DPS when the Guard has "aggro locked?" Out of all the things that never happened in this thread, this never happened the most. For absolutely no reason should they not be full on DPS at that point. Your Guard clearly has things under control and does not need the assistance.
    Because it's a DT that has aggro locked and our Guards may get aggro back with Goad, if said DT feels like he can't tap back up fast enough...not that he's slow down and still die.

Or that's what it has been for the past few weeks, not to mention we healers getting the beef because he died not having healed enough -.-v

Edited by Arishanya to remove impolite language.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 18th March 2013 at 04:50.
    God loves human virtues like courage and hope, but he loves screams, blood and despair just as much. If he didn't, there's no way fresh intestines could be so colorful!

If DT's are played in a specific way, not right or wrong, they will lock out a Guard. Yes, this is true. I do believe I have talked to a few and have found we (TEG) are the only guild that raids with the tanking philosophy we do. Our DT's are spec'd differently and we use them as primary tanks in all fights except Emperor in T4. This is the difference Schou is talking about. I have had the conversation with Koji and it is not that there Guards cannot get the job done or their DTs are less geared etc. It is how the different guilds are led in different ways. If you guys were to spec DT's the way we do, match rotations, so on and so forth gear blah blah blah you would see your guards get locked out. It is all in where the focus is. Yes, Guards can still tank, but DTs do it better. Yes, Conqs are BETTER are tanking, but DTs still do it better. So yes, we focus on DT tanking, with that all dps is able to go all out and do as they please.

So in whole, yes Guards can still tank, are they inferior? In some ways yes, and in others no. They are still the best way to tank the Emperor himself. However, they could use some loving. A complete revamp is definitely not needed. They have always needed this though. The revamps done were only halfway done and never completed no matter what side of the tree you spec into. In the end though, they are still viable tanks depending on how you go about your raid strategy.
    Last edited by Slovo; 13th March 2013 at 19:23.
    Tyrant of The Epic Guard

The fact is there is absolutely no point to having a guard fill a spot in your group when a Dt can fill the same spot with on average triple the dps. How is a guard meant to pull hate off a DT doing too much aggro, bust all CDs and the DT will still have aggro if they are doing enough dps. Anyone wishing to disagree with this please explain what a guard can do better all the time not just 1 boss.
    Last edited by Fly927; 17th March 2013 at 18:22.

Just stating the obvious here.

Guards is still beasts on aggro compared to dts in fights where the target(boss) have high prot/mitigation, but adds and low-mit/prot bosses on the other hand, DTs will have an easier time fosho!
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    Just stating the obvious here.

Guards is still beasts on aggro compared to dts in fights where the target(boss) have high prot/mitigation, but adds and low-mit/prot bosses on the other hand, DTs will have an easier time fosho!
    True, really there are two ways to balance guards give em straight up buff or make raid bosses with ultra high miti/port.

I'd rather restore protection on mobs with currently low magic mitigation.

I've never understood the reasoning behind that anyway. When I'm on my guardian tanking against casters on theses mobs or wanting to do as much hate as a DT seems rather pointless. The only thing I can do there is pop Goad followed by StA, if a DT is low on health. When I'm on my demo/necro, I'm kind of bored, because I can do only basic things, otherwise I'll risk to pull.
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

I understand ppl get frustrated, but seriously Ihave DT and pole guard, I tank on the same lvl of aggro on both, I imagine A S&S can do the same aggro as a pole yes ??

I honestly think players in general when faced with a problem point their finger to things forgetting that when you point, there are 3 fingers pointing back.

DT can do same role as GUard but they carry themselves differently, guard for example can mitigate ALOT more burst dmg then DT can.

you want more DPS on S&S guard ? wtf... play pole

Looks like its time to roll a DT...

Quote Originally Posted by Sidar View Post
    I understand ppl get frustrated, but seriously Ihave DT and pole guard, I tank on the same lvl of aggro on both, I imagine A S&S can do the same aggro as a pole yes ??
    No. You don't. My Guard was my main for a long time, and I would argue that I had more *sustained* aggro than any other Guard on Wiccana/Set when I played it regularly. My DT makes my Guard look like a level 80 in Tortage greens.

All this DTs are OP for tanking, yes they are! BUT
    a guard with say 14%+ crit rating can easy enough tank along side a DT.
    I manage it and the DTs i tank with are pretty much full T4.
    Its about getting a good start in that fight to maintain the argo if you just mess around then yes you will lose it.
    I dont use Stall the Advance!! I use Counterweight and DR and its really useful in everything.
    More dps given from counterweight and if your crit chance is 14%+ you will crit most of the time and have argo.

A few things are needed to be changed in relation to gear wise, hopefully when the new raid instance comes out the gear is focused on crit rating as well as hate. ( With some protection)

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast