Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Guard Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by TeamVernia View Post
    Show me a major protection fight where a DT is better than a Guard. Louhi, Thoth, Emperor, Zaal, not to mention the General in AI District (not even a raid boss). Guards are still awesome and I've seen them be awesome time and time again.
    You're right I can't show you a fight where they are BETTER but on par and doing much more DPS, sure tons. Again if push come to shove and you had to pick between a DT and a guard... well there really isn't much going for the guard.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    You're right I can't show you a fight where they are BETTER but on par and doing much more DPS, sure tons. Again if push come to shove and you had to pick between a DT and a guard... well there really isn't much going for the guard.
    Once again. Depends on the fight. Khitai 6-man circuits, though. DT/Conq all the way. In raids, Guards are badass.

You do realize after Louhi's shield goes up, the only way a dt is getting agro is with a dread? And conqs are only good for a FE here and there.

i suppose unless you kill the phalactories? i dunno, we never bother with those.
    Getta
    Guild Leader of socialRejects
    Crom: Georgetta (necro) | Georgett (guard) | Getta (dt)
    Fury: Georgena

Visit Us at: http://www.srejects.com/

guards have best survivability especialy against magic damage.
    dt/cons bring as much dps or even better most of time as rogue/hox
    so reasoning is why you want conq/dt to tank? guards do it awesomely already.
    full t4 guard can hold dps better then a full t4 dt except on bosses with no magic mitigation there tables turn in favor dt spamming mystical banes.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

but... but .. dt's are the magic tank!

ROFL sorry, couldnt resist x.x
    Getta

Thread is full of fail, guards don't need buffing and you can't justify wanting it just because DTs are ridiculously overpowered... oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by statica01 View Post
    i suppose unless you kill the phalactories? i dunno, we never bother with those.
    what other way is there? Tanking and spanking it for a ridiculous amount of time? Can't kill it in 1 min anymore so...
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    what other way is there? Tanking and spanking it for a ridiculous amount of time? Can't kill it in 1 min anymore so...
    eh... We kill it in around 5 to 6 minutes.
    Getta

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post

We found we were taking just as long or longer, by killing the phylactries, so we also ignore them and just keep dps'ing the boss.

I kinda feel like I want to join in on this convertrolling, but I've always had aggro issues, which I haven't been able to get rid with the Guard revamp back then nor different speccs and/or gear while maintaining a proper rotation to hit unshielded sides with the good combos...

...that aside I don't even give a damn anymore. If either of the other main tanks feels like going all out to the point of being stupid and then at 10% QQing to want it getting taken off them...I'll let them die, period.

Not to mention all this perma Goading and FEing for no damn reason at all.

It's actually quite fun to pull Louhi or such, drop FE/Goad right off the bat just to put them on cooldown and watch the first tank die (which is not me :P) due to overaggroing with StA or thinking you can tap back health on him just because you usually can just fine.

You do realize after Louhi's shield goes up, the only way a dt is getting agro is with a dread?
    Great...1 fight out of..100? that a Guard is actually more useful, amazing!
    God loves human virtues like courage and hope, but he loves screams, blood and despair just as much. If he didn't, there's no way fresh intestines could be so colorful!

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    hell, we got guards who lock aggro off of dts popping taunts in defensive stance doing 1700 dps on zodiac.
    Why in the **** are your DTs spamming taunts in defensive stance at 1700 DPS when the Guard has "aggro locked?" Out of all the things that never happened in this thread, this never happened the most. For absolutely no reason should they not be full on DPS at that point. Your Guard clearly has things under control and does not need the assistance.

Edited by Arishanya to remove impolite language.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 18th March 2013 at 04:49.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast