Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Guard Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    ^^^^^^ This! ...if you really think about it he's right. We could completely remove guards from the game and nothing will change.They have no role,no niche anymore.
    This is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    please don't lump all Americans in with schou... that is fighting words.

bottom line is all three soldiers aggro levels are completely balanced. DTs at times reach that point when they get a particularly nice string of vom procs and they're a pain to pull off of but since their survivability is tied to their dps it is tough for them to lose aggro without dying. that is the art of the dt... doing enough dps to get your taps really going without going too hard which forces you to stop combos and drop like a sack of ****.

the only tank job in all of t4 where dts really outshine the other two is zodiac and that's IF your spirit is stacked right and IF your dt knows what he is doing.
    And agreed yes. One bad observation from someone who plays on the North American servers does not mean we all agree with it.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 3rd April 2013 at 17:04.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamVernia View Post
    This is wrong.
    So my guard is like a month old and at 80. But I could never understand what last stand guard ability does?

Can someone give a clear concise mechanics explanation for this ability... I know a ton of newbie guards that are equally confused.
    lol look at this guy. his guard is a month old AND HE KNOWS. why even comment on anything if you're so new to the class.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

please link some of these 2k dt parses while tanking. this is typical schou reasoning/QQ.... 'i saw a dt hit 2k once on zodiac while tanking so now I'm gonna say 2k every time!!'
    2k is a good base number for DT's. I use 2k because writing out 1987dps takes to damn long.

It's your typical reasoning to point out small things apposed to the big picture.

Big picture being: Guards work their ass off to keep up with DT's while DT's barely try.

Go to the corner now and be quiet.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

lol look at this guy. his guard is a month old AND HE KNOWS. why even comment on anything if you're so new to the class.
    He heard all the info he needs to know from a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    2k is a good base number for DT's. I use 2k because writing out 1987dps takes to damn long.

It's your typical reasoning to point out small things apposed to the big picture.

Big picture being: Guards work their ass off to keep up with DT's while DT's barely try.

You should enjoy the effort. It's why I play a HoX. Doesn't mean the class isn't balanced well, though.

Sooo many opinoins and most of them don't even play the guard class.

Or if they do, they don't play them much, yet still have an opinion.

Here it is.

Guards can still tank, and can still hold good aggro. That isn't the argument for all those fools who think thats what I'm saying.

This is the argument, DT's are way more OP than guards on aggro. They can simply do combo's while also popping an irritate "if that" to get aggro back when needed. What a guard has to do is HS,COA,STall,Irritate,Volcanic Rage, Powerhouse, and Ardent BC. "Not all at once like some noob is going to try and flame me for" I'm making a point to all the tools that a guard uses just to stay on the aggro table with that of a DT who pops irritate and maybe a SOC if he is feeling up for it.

I don't mind the amount of effort it takes, thats why I like the guard class "mr hox player". But when I work my ass for aggro and aggro still belongs to the DT, thats when I have an issue with it.

Guards should own aggro, DT's should be rite their with us, and Conqs should be amaizng offtanks with the versatility of either or.

Rite now, DT's own the aggro, guards make good offtanks, and conq's do aswell.

DT's and Conqs are all you need for a good raid, Guards are obsolete! This is the reason I'm saying they need some love!
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post

so please link some t4 fights that aren't zodiac or projections that a dt does 2k while tanking. if that's the base number you should have easy access to many parses.

schou you're an alright guy but you are exaggeration extraordinaire. one week you're aggro champ and no one in game can beat you and next week you make dt whine thread.

listen... I agree that at the moment guards bring less to the table than dts and conqs. as a conq I'm constantly QQing to raid lead that I want to tank instead of dps cause why not have your tank do 3x the dps a guard can do? I just don't agree with you that guard aggro is nerfed. hell, we got guards who lock aggro off of dts popping taunts in defensive stance doing 1700 dps on zodiac.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

I've been playing a guard for a little over a month now you're right but I've played a pom and bs for over 4 years now and have raided everything from yakh to memory cloud.

Its my opinion that, at least recently, guards have really lost their niche. They may tank JUST as well as a DT but which would you rather have in your raid? Something that tanks and does 500 DPS or something that does the same exact tanking..and does 2000 DPS?

Regardless if schou is right or wrong the central premise is correct, guards really don't have much of a role in raids anymore.

I've been playing a guard for a little over a month now you're right but I've played a pom and bs for over 4 years now and have raided everything from yakh to memory cloud.

Its my opinion that, at least recently, guards have really lost their niche. They may tank JUST as well as a DT but which would you rather have in your raid? Something that tanks and does 500 DPS or something that does the same exact tanking..and does 2000 DPS?

Regardless if schou is right or wrong the central premise is correct, guards really don't have much of a role in raids anymore.
    Show me a major protection fight where a DT is better than a Guard. Louhi, Thoth, Emperor, Zaal, not to mention the General in AI District (not even a raid boss). Guards are still awesome and I've seen them be awesome time and time again.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast