Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Guard Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by TeamVernia View Post
    Depends on the fight. Bosses which take less overall damage favor Guards. Bosses which take more melee damage favor Conqs. Bosses which take more magic damage favor DTs. Hmm... seems kinda balanced to me.
    How many boss's in T4 favor the guard then?
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    I don't think God can exchange aggro with Subii. He clearly is a standard above. But I can pull aggro for about 0.2seconds Sometimes 0.5 seconds..

Other DTs and Guards I have no issues.. Subii is special

But DTs VOM is way OP and should be whacked.
    My point exacty Tman. Subii isn't a cut above so much as he's playing the class as intended. IS, TEG, RA, RN, ACo's all have dt's who play like this.

And Guards can't keep up with them. that is the very point I'm making. No matter what a guard does the DT will be ahead of them. Ya, maybe guards will do better against boss's who have shields etc, but that isnt as common.

Anyway, back to point. Dt > Guard and Guards need some love.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    How many boss's in T4 favor the guard then?
    all of them
    my guild clears this place with guards maintanking since we nailed down tactics for it.
    all i read is on this thread is americans who cant tank with guard complain about dt's agro
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Think the DT's are raiding this thread.... and you know they won't let go of aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    all of them
    my guild clears this place with guards maintanking since we nailed down tactics for it.
    all i read is on this thread is americans who cant tank with guard complain about dt's agro
    You substituting the idea of what we are discussing here.

We aren't debating if T4 can be main tanked by just guards, or just DT's.

We are debating the fact that DT's can out aggro Guards without an issue at all.

But while we are on the subject of only guards in your raid. Answer me this, If both can main tank it np, would you rather have a toon doing 2k dps, or 1 doing 500? Or what about combat rezes. What does the guard have now that's unique to it's class? Anything?

Answer is no!

We are debating the fact that DT's can out aggro Guards without an issue at all.

But while we are on the subject of only guards in your raid. Answer me this, If both can main tank it np, would you rather have a toon doing 2k dps, or 1 doing 500? Or what about combat rezes. What does the guard have now that's unique to it's class? Anything?

Answer is no!
    ^^^^^^ This! ...if you really think about it he's right. We could completely remove guards from the game and nothing will change.They have no role,no niche anymore.

all of them
    please don't lump all Americans in with schou... that is fighting words.

bottom line is all three soldiers aggro levels are completely balanced. DTs at times reach that point when they get a particularly nice string of vom procs and they're a pain to pull off of but since their survivability is tied to their dps it is tough for them to lose aggro without dying. that is the art of the dt... doing enough dps to get your taps really going without going too hard which forces you to stop combos and drop like a sack of ****.

the only tank job in all of t4 where dts really outshine the other two is zodiac and that's IF your spirit is stacked right and IF your dt knows what he is doing.

Edited by Arishanya to remove profanity. As a reminder using profanity on the forums is against the Social Guidelines.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 3rd April 2013 at 17:05.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

all of them
    Both the Imp and Emperor take reduced damage in general, so there are 2 for you. Protection fights are great for guards as well, so Mithrelle and Entity Projections too.

Answer is no!
    please link some of these 2k dt parses while tanking. this is typical schou reasoning/QQ.... 'i saw a dt hit 2k once on zodiac while tanking so now I'm gonna say 2k every time!!'
    Last edited by Erock25; 11th March 2013 at 20:21.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

this thread is full of fail guards are great tanks already, sure feat trees and combo damage could use some tweaking.
    but there is not a single issue with guards having lower hand in agro compared with dt/conq.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast