Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Guard Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by TeamVernia View Post
    I gotta side with Getta. I'm able to swap aggro with the TEG tanks with my DT (yes they are awesome), and Getta has no problem getting up to that same aggro level. At a certain point I see all 3 tanks as created equal (strictly aggro). Guard, DT, and Conq can all seem like aggro hogs depending on the specifics of the fight.
    and the thing is... im bad! i kb turn, miss combos, and am generally distracted most of the time (only reason why my necro is my "main" is because i can either call a raid... or tank. not both) Get genius or attris on their guards and its disgusting.

Shou, as much as i would, I cant. I have to save my guard for two fights in T4 each week still and its generally locked Tuesday evening. Tanking adds isnt a true test, imo. Each guild may be different, but trying to tank adds at all in Aco raids is pointless. So, if we need to just let opinions stay where they are, then fine. But really, the key is doing as much dps / hate generation as you can. The survivability stuff is pointless if you cant get agro to begin with.

Just as a note - For mitigation, Im sacking nothing. Im still wellllll over 55% mitigation and can boost hate and prot up where they need to be. The only thing in sacking is s&g / jauggernaut bubbles and sticking them into dps type feats. oh, and i dont spec goad mob (seriously, anyone who does needs to stop this x.x)
    Getta
    Guild Leader of socialRejects
    Crom: Georgetta (necro) | Georgett (guard) | Getta (dt)
    Fury: Georgena

Visit Us at: http://www.srejects.com/

Quote Originally Posted by statica01 View Post
    and the thing is... im bad! i kb turn, miss combos, and am generally distracted most of the time (only reason why my necro is my "main" is because i can either call a raid... or tank. not both) Get genius or attris on their guards and its disgusting.

Shou, as much as i would, I cant. I have to save my guard for two fights in T4 each week still and its generally locked Tuesday evening. Tanking adds isnt a true test, imo. Each guild may be different, but trying to tank adds at all in Aco raids is pointless. So, if we need to just let opinions stay where they are, then fine. But really, the key is doing as much dps / hate generation as you can. The survivability stuff is pointless if you cant get agro to begin with.

Just as a note - For mitigation, Im sacking nothing. Im still wellllll over 55% mitigation and can boost hate and prot up where they need to be. The only thing in sacking is s&g / jauggernaut bubbles and sticking them into dps type feats. oh, and i dont spec goad mob (seriously, anyone who does needs to stop this x.x)
    Ya goad mob is pretty trash, I haven't heard of anyone in T4 ever doing this though. If they are up to this level they should have already learned by then.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

guards hold just as much aggro as conqs and dts. schou just can't accept the fact that someone is better than him do he goes right to blaming the class.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Schou, the solution is simple.

You need to start playing with Mycroch (your dt of course )

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    DT's get 2k dps........... Guards 400-500 = DT's win

DT's get Curse of Gwahlur........ Guards get innate threat = same

DT's get hate modification.......Guards get hate modification = DT wins due to more dps.

Sacrificing mitigation for dps:
    DT's loose mitigation but gain life taps......... Guards just loose mitigation and the functionality of being a guard = DT wins

Where on here do you see that the guard class wins at all? I don't see it! These are all facts, not opinions based on variable player experiances. Meening, you haven't the slightest idea of how Midge or another TEG DT plays, and I haven't the slightest idea of how your guards/dt's play in a T4 setting.

So both mine and your opinions are complete trash when we try and compare this type of evidence. The numbers and the types of tools each class has, is reason enough to understand that the guard class needs change.
    I agree with schou. Although Ill put it this way. Skill being equal,and assuming they are both really good. A dt will typically triple or quadruple a guard's dps. Imagine those pesky sins/barbs that pull off guards at 2k+ dps(the rogues that is), now imagine that they are dts-- without hate decrease, and instead with ~+15% hate increase.

The guards Hate is fine, but the inate DPS is not. So anything to increase the DPS would be nice.

Lowering HS would be nice for another o crap moment, but long term solution would be raising the dps of the S/S guards.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    The guards Hate is fine, but the inate DPS is not. So anything to increase the DPS would be nice.

Lowering HS would be nice for another o crap moment, but long term solution would be raising the dps of the S/S guards.
    Your telling me that if Subii was to go all out on aggro, and you were too, you could exchange aggro with him np?

I think not!
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    guards hold just as much aggro as conqs and dts. schou just can't accept the fact that someone is better than him do he goes right to blaming the class.
    Ya, not true.

Your telling me that if Subii was to go all out on aggro, and you were too, you could exchange aggro with him np?

I think not!
    I don't think God can exchange aggro with Subii. He clearly is a standard above. But I can pull aggro for about 0.2seconds Sometimes 0.5 seconds..

Other DTs and Guards I have no issues.. Subii is special

But DTs VOM is way OP and should be whacked.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

I think not!
    Depends on the fight. Bosses which take less overall damage favor Guards. Bosses which take more melee damage favor Conqs. Bosses which take more magic damage favor DTs. Hmm... seems kinda balanced to me.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast