Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Guard Suggestion

Guardians are all right or overpowered in Polearms a bit.
    Debuff conqueror, and that should do it.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Bad idea, half the reason class balance is screwy is because a class gets revamped then every other class QQs and they get nerfed almost back to pre revamp. theb the next class get revamped and the same thing happens.

It a much better idea to have all of the class revamps get finalized and then adjust where necessary. otherwise they'll nerf conqs then revamp guard and then nerf guards then revamp necros and nerf necros etc etc until we're back where we started and class balance becomes impossible

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Conq's arent the worst of it. The DTs are really the ones I'm complaining about tbh. Being in provoke cancels out the buffs the Conq received. My problem is:

Being in provoke, along with going all out 100% of the time allows me to be an offtank for the DT who's barely doing **** other than combo's. He wants it off of me he pops an irritate and poof it's his. This is the problem I'm referring to.

The problem with this thread is everyone has played with only a few other players, meening. What I say about aggro on my guard, another guardian player can easily say "this doesn't happen in my guild" and the problem starts with that guardian player not playing with the DT's who are just flat out rediculous.

DT's get a perk "void" that stacks up to who knows what, hate modification from the T4 gear, and then crit that scales up with no sign of deminishing returns. On top of that, the damn class does magic damage out the ying yang, with the aparent melee damage to boot. If you top it off with Curse of Gwahlur, the class has both a high threat level, hate mod, and around 2k ish dps on a single target. Seriously, My guard can't hang with that minus the few occasions of a bubbled boss or something.

Guards need a bit of a picker upper, I believe it's in the innate threat behind the scenes that no one see's. And also a boost in the dps. If a guard "s/b" was doing 800 dps "ish" this would double the average. And on top of that put in maybe a bit more hate modification to defensive stance for the guard class alone, coinciding with a bit more innate threat. I think the S/B would be able to control aggro with the DT, while the Conq would be a great offtank.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Please buff guards, that is all.
    Last edited by RingOfSet; 11th March 2013 at 14:37.

It boils down to this. It isn't that guardian doesn't generate adequate threat relative to almost every other class. It's the DT that is broken. Conqs are OP, but DTs are just absurd on any mob susceptible to magic damage.

They shouldn't buff guards very much if they do. They can't keep buffing every class til the game becomes easymode everywhere. The real solution would be something like toning down VOM so it isn't so ridiculously OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    It boils down to this. It isn't that guardian doesn't generate adequate threat relative to almost every other class. It's the DT that is broken. Conqs are OP, but DTs are just absurd on any mob susceptible to magic damage.

They shouldn't buff guards very much if they do. They can't keep buffing every class til the game becomes easymode everywhere. The real solution would be something like toning down VOM so it isn't so ridiculously OP.
    How about lowering cool down times for irritate and cry of havok. That way they don't need to mess with any DPS or buff this or that or get really complicated..just one line of code if guard irritate cool down=5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    How about lowering cool down times for irritate and cry of havok. That way they don't need to mess with any DPS or buff this or that or get really complicated..just one line of code if guard irritate cool down=5 seconds.
    That would be rediculous. I would be popping irritate or a coh for every single combo at that point.

It needs to be something more passive, not something we have to click over and over again.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

A good guard will always blow a dt / conq out of the water (not saying i am one!! but i am about average). Ive seen some amazing guards though.

What helped me out is dropping strike & guard / jauggernaut and putting more points into dps feats. When you stop dpsing the boss to do s&g, you lose a lot to dts agro wise. They have to keep hitting to tap health and as soon as they stop, they lose agro fast. So, you gotta get in there and do the same (remember, they are your off-tank, so you gotta let them stay high on the agro table to help you)... and as far as the bubble s&b gives you - its the healers job to heal you imo I havent missed it one bit.

I havent quite figured out conq yet, but they dont give me any more "problems" than a dt does, simce the revamp.

I treat sta like goad... its one of those emergemcy things. If i screw up and am really off the agro table, ill pop sta and then fe to get a high amount of hate. Aside from that, i use it to troll Otar when kiting Stromm
    Getta
    Guild Leader of socialRejects
    Crom: Georgetta (necro) | Georgett (guard) | Getta (dt)
    Fury: Georgena

Visit Us at: http://www.srejects.com/

Quote Originally Posted by statica01 View Post
    A good guard will always blow a dt / conq out of the water (not saying i am one!! but i am about average). Ive seen some amazing guards though.

What helped me out is dropping strike & guard / jauggernaut and putting more points into dps feats. When you stop dpsing the boss to do s&g, you lose a lot to dts agro wise. They have to keep hitting to tap health and as soon as they stop, they lose agro fast. So, you gotta get in there and do the same (remember, they are your off-tank, so you gotta let them stay high on the agro table to help you)... and as far as the bubble s&b gives you - its the healers job to heal you imo I havent missed it one bit.

I havent quite figured out conq yet, but they dont give me any more "problems" than a dt does, simce the revamp.

I treat sta like goad... its one of those emergemcy things. If i screw up and am really off the agro table, ill pop sta and then fe to get a high amount of hate. Aside from that, i use it to troll Otar when kiting Stromm
    I'm sorry but you are wrong. I have tested your aggro with my guard, and on my guard I was using jugg and Strike/guard. We were about even then.

With that said, I can tell you rite now the DT's I'm raiding with are flat out rediculous and do a better job than me on aggro. I'm not going to echo all of which I have already said, but rest assured a good guard isn't going to blow the doors off a good Dt.
    Last edited by kennyfisterbotm; 11th March 2013 at 15:03.

No, Shou Im not wrong. The first time I blew you out of the water. The 2nd time, you pulled about 50% of the time because my stuff was on cd. How about the kang pagoda we were in where I ended up needing to tank the adds because you couldnt hold agro?

You need to be a little more open to people doing different things. Maybe youll find someone does something different that has better results.

edit - in your little "guard off" (lol), i was not exactly trying very hard either. I was wearing full t3 instead of hate set.
    Last edited by statica01; 11th March 2013 at 15:15.
    Getta
    Guild Leader of socialRejects
    Crom: Georgetta (necro) | Georgett (guard) | Getta (dt)
    Fury: Georgena

Visit Us at: http://www.srejects.com/

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast