Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Guard Suggestion

None of you guards are tanking level with DTs on aggro if they are specced the way Slovo is referring to, with the exception of a few bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan20 View Post
    All this DTs are OP for tanking, yes they are! BUT
    a guard with say 14%+ crit rating can easy enough tank along side a DT.
    21.x% crit rating on my Guard. I cannot keep up with the aggro my DT generates.

Soldier vs soldier aggoro difference is meaningless.
    All what's important is soldier vs dps and burst.

All soldiers can have imba burst now.
    All soldiers can tank up to 2.5k dps.

QQ more.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Default Typical dt answer

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    Soldier vs soldier aggoro difference is meaningless.
    All what's important is soldier vs dps and burst.

All soldiers can have imba burst now.
    All soldiers can tank up to 2.5k dps.

QQ more.
    Show me guardian with 2,5k really want to see him.

He didn't say Guardians being able to do 2.5k dps, but hold enough aggro for dps doing 2.5k dps.
    God loves human virtues like courage and hope, but he loves screams, blood and despair just as much. If he didn't, there's no way fresh intestines could be so colorful!

Default sorry

My english is not that good but when at t3 with friends dts always at top of dps while tanking and guard is last. I was pretty lower geared so mostly some ot work. But even better geared guard have big troubles with these dps dts beasts. And conqs now work after rewamp also very good.

Guards are definitely behind, by how much, who knows? Maybe we'll see a revamp, but the guy who does class adjustments might have been axed during the cuts.

Anyhow, all I know is I tried pole arm tanking thinking I could generate more hate then s&b and keep up with crazy dt's aggro.

The result: I'm far more squishy and I think I do slightly less aggro then an s&b guard. The bottom line is guards definitely need at least a second look through.

Guards had revamp not so long ago.

Are we now talking how bad class is who with Provoke + Hateful Strikes + Call to Arms + Cry of Havoc + Stall the Advance + Shield Sweep can lock out anyone? Guard in t3 armor only could tank 4k dps during Louhi full burn. Show me DT able to do same thing.

Guad isn't dt or conq. It need diffrent playstyle. But there are guards who can tank as good as any DT you could name.
    Last edited by bogus; 23rd March 2013 at 16:33.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Are we now talking how bad class is who with Provoke + Hateful Strikes + Call to Arms + Cry of Havoc + Stall the Advance + Shield Sweep can lock out anyone?
    This requires the fight to be solo tankable, otherwise you are hitting the ground in about 20 seconds...I'm not giving you the option of getting it Goaded off, since it's probably on cooldown anyway for whatever bad reason ever...

And even then, a DT will catch up with you soon enough, then pulls ahead and you are left out of the cycle again...even with utelizing Provoke + Hateful Strikes + Call to Arms + Cry of Havoc + Stall the Advance (provided you get aggro without Goad again )+ Shield Sweep.

You can sweet talk a Guard all you want, with the exception of a few fights, DTs are superior is all aspects.
    God loves human virtues like courage and hope, but he loves screams, blood and despair just as much. If he didn't, there's no way fresh intestines could be so colorful!

guard is fine class to tank with, but unlike dt, you actualy need to know what your doing to grab+hold agro.

guard still has best agro ingame, but seems most you cry babies cant figure it out its true.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast