Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Guard Suggestion

Default Guard Suggestion

I just wanted to make a suggestion for the guard class. I know that a few may set back and disagree with me on this, but I think most will agree.

The DT's in this game are just flat out rediculous for aggro now. They do rediculous dps, and have amazing aggro. I'm not going to complain too much about that.

The Conq's have the ability to do amazing dps aswell, and have some really good tools to get aggro with no problem either.

The guard has subpar dps in comparison to both, and it's aggro in most situations is adequate. But for higher end raiding "T4" the guards are just not up to par with the DT's or Conq's. Guards cant get the the aggro or dps like that of a DT, and are on par with a conq, but have no rez so a conq wins. If you increase the dps of a guard alot of people will complain on the pvp side. So I suggest this.

Make Stall the Advance also lower your cool down of the hateful strikes ability, Decreasing this to every 45 seconds or min would really help the guard class alot in comparison to other high end DT's.

the guys in my guild have no issues out agroing dt's or at least keeping agro at same lvl.
    in fact maintanking in most bosses in t4 are done by guards while conqs+dt's go dps.

personaly on my full t3 guard i never had issues grabing agro/swaping agro with any tank from any class.

what would be nice is doubleing damage on finishers of s&s combos and increasing duration strike and guard and have some dps stats added to juggernaut.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

I don't care what guard you are, their is no way a DT rocking Curse, along with 2k dps isn't going to pull with ease on a guard. I'm not saying the guard can't rock it, but seriously speaking. The DT's are able to kick the **** out of a guard.

Guards need more aggressive hate, not just stall where it takes you to have aggro for it to increase.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Hah. No. No guard will ever compete with a good DT on a mob that doesn't have high damage deflection/mitigation. I've parsed over 1700 tanking in fights like the Zodiac, and my DT has 17 in general. If I swap to a hybrid spec or the mob has little resistance to magic damage, it's even worse.

As far as Schou's suggestions go, that will not work either. If you want StA to passively decrease Hateful Strike's cooldown you're going to end up with tanks dying on high damage bosses after a high aggro disparity is gained from having both abilities active.

Quote Originally Posted by Midge50 View Post
    Hah. No. No guard will ever compete with a good DT on a mob that doesn't have high damage deflection/mitigation. I've parsed over 1700 tanking in fights like the Zodiac, and my DT has 17 in general. If I swap to a hybrid spec or the mob has little resistance to magic damage, it's even worse.

As far as Schou's suggestions go, that will not work either. If you want StA to passively decrease Hateful Strike's cooldown you're going to end up with tanks dying on high damage bosses after a high aggro disparity is gained from having both abilities active.
    Well, it's already like that man. If a guard uses stall coninciding with HS, then ya they will probably die from having too much aggro etc.

And tbh, I think the DT's would be able to bounce aggro back and forth with a guard using HS on a quicker rotation etc. So no one should die at all, rite now the DT's are in the position of what you say wouldn't work. Their thresh hold of aggro is way higher than a guard can possibly keep up with.

Only way for it to work is with 2 DT's. I'm simply saying this way the Guards can be within the rotation aswell. Conqs too if they know wtf they are doing, plus they have a rez, screw them.

Simply having it on cool down quicker doesnt' meen you have to use it. It's giving you an option though when a DT has aggro and you need it back from them.
    Last edited by kennyfisterbotm; 10th March 2013 at 02:58.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Guards do seriously need a class revamp or at the least an overview. Most of the guards in my guild have all started new tanking toons, mostly in the form of DTs.

I'd rather them remove Stall of the Fail, since quality of tanking went down the drain faster than I could keep track of it ever since we got it.

Sick and tired of seing tanks pop it at 30%, keep hammering away at the boss, use LS to heal up again and then back at 15% they QQ about wanting aggro off them...having probably taking aggro with Goad and/or FE in the first place /facepalm

Oh yea...maybe they'll add "but I stopped hitting" to top off my rage.
    God loves human virtues like courage and hope, but he loves screams, blood and despair just as much. If he didn't, there's no way fresh intestines could be so colorful!

While I agree that guards need some love vs their conq and dt brethren that tbh, both are rather op, guards still can do fine.

In fact we have a guard solo tank Zodiac for us, so they can get the job done.

But still, guard class is rather weak compared to the other 2 soldiers.

Problem is that guard has overly simple mechanics in both pve and pvp so it would need a deep revamp IMO. Increasing dps will break pvp, I think we all know that.
    Edit : I had poletanking in mind there, increasing the dps of Juggernaut wouldn't break pvp but I am not sure it would make guards more attractive vs dts and conqs.

It's already easymode in pvp even though it's basically the class with the lowest dps (all other classes have the potential to push more dps, but guard has a combination of good survivability + good controllable burst + very simple mechanics that make it shine in pvp). Simply the most forgiving class ever in pvp along with conqs.

Tbh I think it's the other soldiers that need to be tuned down in pve. DTs in particular are OP as hell IMO. Ever since I've rolled a healer I've found DTs so much easier to play with (compared to guards or conqs) it's not funny. Easier to keep them alive because they can heal themselves and they can also pop a dread shadow which is like the perfect OT since it never fails to aggro. At the same time they do an outrageous amount of DPS and never lose aggro.

(I don't know enough pve conqs to comment on them but they seem to be doing fine with the two bubbles and aggro tools)

In pvp it's all the 3 soldiers that need nerfing though.
    Last edited by kalston; 10th March 2013 at 11:35.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Making guards dependant on Stall the Advance even more is never a good idea. And suggesting that it decreases CD on hateful strikes is even more absurd since as far as i know AA feats usually DO NOT buff feated abilities/combos anyways. Such a change would be against the mentality of AAs because if AAs buffed certain feats that would force people to spec in very standart builds (even more so than now).

As some other people suggested, increasing dps might have a negative efect on pvp. For most guards, PVP means playing with polearm, and PVE means playing with shield and sword. So increasing the dps of juggernaut combos would not have a negative effect on pvp, it might even make juggernaut viable for pvp (which was one of the failed goals of the revamp guards had around 2 years ago). Polearm guards do decent dps while tanking in PVE but aggro is really low compared to other tanks, increasing the hate abilities for tempest tree wouldn't hurt pvp but would greatly help pve.

tl dr: F*** stall the advance. Give more dps to juggernaut, give more hate to tempest.
    Last edited by Macduff; 10th March 2013 at 12:59.
    Macduff(guard) Duffster(conq) Zacknafein(dt)
    Gedwyn(bs) Relind(pom) Onerio(tos)
    Pyrox(hox) Yorick(necro) Luthien(demo)
    Leartes(ranger) Skalld(barb) Mercutio(sin)

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast