Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Guard Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    Again, adjusting a "pve" tool to fit a person's fowl on pvp.

Do what "good pvp sins" do and watch for the stack of stall, white hit and call it a day.

The stall effect doesn't happen within 1 hit of each reflection. The fact that your health went down within .1 seconds should be reason enough to look for the buff on the tanks buff tree. In other words, it gives you a chance to react before you kill yourself.
    Adjusting a BUG in a PvE tool is the right thing to do. If you make it so NON DAMAGE abilities don't trigger the damage, that would not hurt PvE in the slightest.

So get off your high horse and don't comment on anything PvP related.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    I just wanted to make a suggestion for the guard class. I know that a few may set back and disagree with me on this, but I think most will agree.

The DT's in this game are just flat out rediculous for aggro now. They do rediculous dps, and have amazing aggro. I'm not going to complain too much about that.

The Conq's have the ability to do amazing dps aswell, and have some really good tools to get aggro with no problem either.

The guard has subpar dps in comparison to both, and it's aggro in most situations is adequate. But for higher end raiding "T4" the guards are just not up to par with the DT's or Conq's. Guards cant get the the aggro or dps like that of a DT, and are on par with a conq, but have no rez so a conq wins. If you increase the dps of a guard alot of people will complain on the pvp side. So I suggest this.

Make Stall the Advance also lower your cool down of the hateful strikes ability, Decreasing this to every 45 seconds or min would really help the guard class alot in comparison to other high end DT's.
    this is you sugestion reguarding guardian.

i added my opinion, my specs, and my own sugestions.

for the most part of this thread all i read is a river of tears over dt's dps and agro, i have no issues in t3 gear swaping agro with dts or maintaining agro at same lvl as other tanks independant of class.

i will not suport this lie that guardians cant tank or suck.

albeit true guard could use some tweaks its not broken or beneath other soldiers, as for dps in pve myself i never had chance to go dps always needed to tank but have seen many good players doing realy good dps in pve with guardian using tyger gear+crafted t3.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

The issue isn't whether or not a guard can tank, as they can tank just fine.

The issue is the fact that dt's also tank and do 3 times the dps as a guard while tanking, thus there's no real incentive to bring guards in over dt's.

And yes, I'm aware that guards shine against bosses with high magic mits, just making the general overall consensus that dt's will get the nod over guards in most cases.

Thread closed
    Thread Closed. In the future remember that other players will have differing opinion, attacking them for it, will only garner yourself an infraction.
    Last edited by Warkind; 25th March 2013 at 20:35.

English Forums Senior Moderator
    Hammer Certified!
    Social Guidelines
    TOS - EULA
    Rules of Conduct
    My Brute(sucks)
    Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213