Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: if i were GD for a month

"if i were GD for a month"

It would take more than a month to achieve all of the things you have listed.

A lot of good ideas, but rather than trying to reinvent or rework existing content (which isn't going to happen) you should focus your ideas on what new things you would bring to the game (such as your ladder idea) in this way you may actually inspire or effect a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    I pick this as an example how ridicoulus most ideas from users are.

Balance will totally broken if this would be integrated in this game without an complete revamp of all classes. ranged classes would kill everything without getting caught. besides it would look completely stupid if sins or barbs for example running around while doing Swift strikes oder cyclone of steel.
    Don't I feel privileged ; nice to see people can't control themselves enough to forego their angry responses

Melee classes have plenty of ways to close the gaps ~

... and NOW we're somehow worried about something looking "stupid"? plz refocus your efforts ~ those ARE NOT reasons to dismiss it

Please make a greater (less angry and coherent) argument ~ ty

Servers: Favor open-world, don't destroy the last glimpse of it. It's where you have the most fun. And faction sucks.

Archetypes: rock-scissor-paper systeme is already pretty much in place. Increase it more would really be boring. It's nice to have your chances against every classe.

Bori: Bad ideas, trying to solve Bori's problème by more carrots isn't the way to go imo.

Minigames: Just give the newly 80 toons a push, gear and AA wise to reach quickly the minimum to be competitive enough in PvP and reduce the really problématic gap. New toon vs old played toon.

Raids: Why force people to farm every single raid one by one ?

Crowd Control: There's a reason why CCs don't share same cc immunity. Time to cast it, duration, CD and breaking on damage diffrences.

And about casting while moving. Good idea, remove AoC's unic game-play !
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

For some reason my post isn't here. Well i'll post my opinion again as i feel there isn't anything wrong with it ...or offensive or anything that might have had it removed in the first place.

So as before i'm glad op isn't GD.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Servers: Favor open-world, don't destroy the last glimpse of it. It's where you have the most fun. And faction sucks.
    open-world is already as good as dead, you can go all over hyboria now and never even be in open world, use fast travel only..better to start fresh with this gameplay a lot more in focus. Faction based could be fun if set up right, clearly defined enemies, easy to set up huntingraids into enemy territory, easier to call in help if in trouble, etc. Funcom would benefit on offering this to probably many who seek this gametype.

Archetypes: rock-scissor-paper systeme is already pretty much in place. Increase it more would really be boring. It's nice to have your chances against every classe.
    Yes but things needs to be looked at. We have now tanks doing the most damage in raids, even tanks in defensive stance is close to the top. We have healers being close to the top damagewise as well. We have rouges that can kill by the click of two or three buttons, we have easymode mages that can kite forever, jumping around like bunnies on speed, while dishing out massive damage, no wonder magic is so predominant in this game.
    All i say is make it more risky to do the damage that classes do and this goes for all.

Bori: Bad ideas, trying to solve Bori's problème by more carrots isn't the way to go imo.
    This way Bori serves two purposes; First it reduces the enormous and tedious grind to lvl.10 where the ladder system would be. Second it is a lot harder to control the zone, makes it a lot easier for small parties to go there for hunting, actually it promotes it. Carrots is definitely the way to go.

Minigames: Just give the newly 80 toons a push, gear and AA wise to reach quickly the minimum to be competitive enough in PvP and reduce the really problématic gap. New toon vs old played toon.
    Minigames is an artificial setting where people come together to fight on as equal terms as possible, my suggestion with equipped gear and brackets provide this. Neither would there be any problems with enough players as servers are merged and minis would become immensely popular with the new balancing algorithm and premades as well due to good rewards. Especially at lvl.10 where the ladder is.

Raids: Why force people to farm every single raid one by one ?
    Because it makes sense and prolongs "playability", not like it is now where i can take my green geared new toon and go straight to the highest level raid and farm the crap out of it.

Crowd Control: There's a reason why CCs don't share same cc immunity. Time to cast it, duration, CD and breaking on damage diffrences.
    So adjust it, there is still to much CC in this game. In my opinion the aim should be to have all CC's have a minimum of 1 sec cast/combo animation, instant stuff should be removed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12