Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Joel Boyles - Advanced PVP Advice

1. Nothing in speed of AA gaining needs changing;
    2. Nothing in speed of PvP levels needs changing;
    3. PvE gear should have separate PvP statistics;
    4. The queues should be fixed;
    5. Implement visible K/D and add more visible statistics (arena ranking).
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Totally agree. Too many people trying to redesign a game. Seen this too many times and whats funny is that so many suggestions were already in game and were taken out because people wanted redesign.

For example, Have PVP backets - They did this at the request of the players and there weren't enough people to pvp against and minis never popped. Population bitched to remove brackets and minis started to pop.

1.Mrcorp and Lunatic - as far as I know you are mostly pve players, try to not play pve at all and see how your aa is improving. I did it on my main - pvp 10 without almost playing any pve and no bori, because I dont really like it. I have quite a lot of aa obviously but time aa gain also works & if i compare it to the alt which I played some KK runs occasionaly - my alt has not much less. I wish aoc would be rewarding the same for pvp and pve. Right now pvp players are punished for spending their time on pvp instead of pve. The way how it works now is only making pvp players only leave - you cannot force anyone to play pve, especially new pvp oriented players. I am up for aa grind - but only for pveers like you guys- for pvp aa gap should be reduced- take a look at my suggestion.
    JUST STOP PUNISHING PVP ONLY PLAYERS FOR NOT PLAYING PVE!
    2. ok but power gap should be lower in pvp terms
    3. or just pve statistic
    4. what kind of fix do you have on your mind
    5. K/d means nothing, and we dont have any arenas content so what you are talking about atm? only statistic which may mean something is pug win/lost=left ranking
    Last edited by Sarcopthes; 28th March 2013 at 13:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcopthes View Post
    1.Mrcorp and Lunatic - as far as I know you are mostly pve players
    A lot of my free time is devoted to PvP, and I am Bori-free on all my characters.

2 - I have already disagreed;
    The bug with queued people stuck and not getting into the minigame.

5. K/d means nothing, and we dont have any arenas content so what you are talking about atm? only statistic which may mean something is pug win/lost=left ranking
    That means, more statistics on PvP activities: what classes you have killed, how many hours did you spent in Bori digging, how many flags you have captured, etc.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 28th March 2013 at 15:31.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

1.Mrcorp and Lunatic - as far as I know you are mostly pve players, try to not play pve at all and see how your aa is improving. I did it on my main - pvp 10 without almost playing any pve and no bori, because I dont really like it. I have quite a lot of aa obviously but time aa gain also works & if i compare it to the alt which I played some KK runs occasionaly - my alt has not much less. I wish aoc would be rewarding the same for pvp and pve. Right now pvp players are punished for spending their time on pvp instead of pve. The way how it works now is only making pvp players only leave - you cannot force anyone to play pve, especially new pvp oriented players. I am up for aa grind - but only for pveers like you guys- for pvp aa gap should be reduced- take a look at my suggestion.
    JUST STOP PUNISHING PVP ONLY PLAYERS FOR NOT PLAYING PVE!
    Wait. What? I only pve? Why would you think this? I don't want to see progression of AAs shortened because I feel that if I did it, so should everyone else. Not because I pve.

2. ok but power gap should be lower in pvp terms
    They did a survey, and asked players, should PVE gear matter in PVP. The majority said yes. However, what was NOT taken in to consideration was that the majority of responders were PVErs. They needed to add weights to the pvper and the pvers for balance in responses.

3. or just pve statistic
    We all agree
    sync teams up 5 seconds to start of the mini, not at load in for queue.
    K2D can mean something. When it was in game before, you were able to see someones k2d and know if they were an experienced pvper, allowing you to strategize. Sure some were farmers, but it took a few seconds to figure that out because most farmers didn't do it for the k2d, they did it for the pvp levels and the numbers were really high. I have 40k in kills, never farmed. You see my toon, and you know its a pvp toon.

But I agree, most of this doesn't matter until balance in minis is addressed. The other day, 10 minis in a row, and not one player on my team could get a kill. While the other team was bored out of their minds.

A lot of my free time is devoted to PvP, and I am Bori-free on all my characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    Wait. What? I only pve? Why would you think this? I don't want to see progression of AAs shortened because I feel that if I did it, so should everyone else. Not because I pve.
    I didnt wrote that you dont pvp, but that you also do a lot of pve.
    AA wise - if I would like to make an alt - I would like to play minis to get AA fast, actually the only thing which stops me from making another alt is need of KK runs for AA. Just give same rate of AA gain per hour with pvp minigames (considering that you will lose 50% of them) as for KK run per hour.
    I prefer to close AA gap for pvp as suggested in that long suggestion thread i posted in this thread but if Funcom will decide they dont want to make AA less important for pvp (only for pvp) I would like to speed it up so that would be same as KK runs - give player choices what they want to do. You can keep AA progress what it is but rewards for pve shouldnt be higher or much higher than for pvp.
    You should try to make a toon and just totally dont play pve to see a difference in AA gain.

I didnt wrote that you dont pvp, but that you also do a lot of pve.
    AA wise - if I would like to make an alt - I would like to play minis to get AA fast, actually the only thing which stops me from making another alt is need of KK runs for AA. Just give same rate of AA gain per hour with pvp minigames (considering that you will lose 50% of them) as for KK run per hour.
    I prefer to close AA gap for pvp as suggested in that long suggestion thread i posted in this thread but if Funcom will decide they dont want to make AA less important for pvp (only for pvp) I would like to speed it up so that would be same as KK runs - give player choices what they want to do. You can keep AA progress what it is but rewards for pve shouldnt be higher or much higher than for pvp.
    You should try to make a toon and just totally dont play pve to see a difference in AA gain.
    I don't pve at all. Sorry. Why do you want AA progression so badly to be increased? THe whole point of AA is to reward people for being dedicated. Just remove it all together if you make it a non factor. I have several toons at 10 and down, that have decent AAs. On my pvp 3 tos, it does just fine in minis without AAs unless the other side is completely full of pvp 10s. Which leads me to what I think your real issue is. You get rolled in minis and think its AAs. I don't think it is, I think its mini game balance done at the wrong time.

I don't pve at all. Sorry. Why do you want AA progression so badly to be increased? THe whole point of AA is to reward people for being dedicated. Just remove it all together if you make it a non factor. I have several toons at 10 and down, that have decent AAs. On my pvp 3 tos, it does just fine in minis without AAs unless the other side is completely full of pvp 10s. Which leads me to what I think your real issue is. You get rolled in minis and think its AAs. I don't think it is, I think its mini game balance done at the wrong time.
    to make pvp in this game more skill balanced, to make this game more mature ppl oriented (ppl who dont have that much time to play and dont want to grind). I dont see a reason why AA should make such a difference in pvp - to help handicap veterans to not to die against newbies? Skill should be almost the only factor making a difference - character development pvp wise is fun, but gap is too wide. In the concept I proposed you would also be rewarded for playing a lot but it wouldnt make such a huge difference, while it encourage newbies to play premades as well as having more balanced gameplay.

to make pvp in this game more skill balanced, to make this game more mature ppl oriented (ppl who dont have that much time to play and dont want to grind). I dont see a reason why AA should make such a difference in pvp - to help handicap veterans to not to die against newbies? Skill should be almost the only factor making a difference - character development pvp wise is fun, but gap is too wide. In the concept I proposed you would also be rewarded for playing a lot but it wouldnt make such a huge difference, while it encourage newbies to play premades as well as having more balanced gameplay.
    I don't think an memo is right for you if this is the case. Perhaps you need more of an Xbox game. People who pve can't jump into t4 either. There has to be progression.

There has to be progression.
    It doesnt have to be power progression for pvp. There are suggested alternatives, like ranks, achievements, stats etc. <Lack of these things, lack of PvPers.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast