Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Joel Boyles - Advanced PVP Advice

*Lower requirements for PvP sets:
    Tier 1 PvP set - PvP level 1 and 2
    Tier 2 PvP set - PvP level 4 and 5
    Tier 3 PvP set - PvP level 7 and 8
    *Introduce a new system of transferring look of items for custom PvP looks at levels 9 and 10.
    *Add unlock-able titles after PvP level 10
    *Boost Prowess gain from mini-games at least by 100%

DO NOT ADD MORE PVP LEVELS!!!
    Artreborn - HoX FOREVER!!!
    PvP 6 - 8k+ Kills/2.5k+ deaths, Suicide Style!

What i argue about isn't the core of what you said but the depth of the changes asked. I react to statement such as "you need to farm KK for AA", "you need to grind". The amount of gear you need to be okay on most class is pretty low and the gear gap often exagerated.

AA tries to induce a complementarity of PvE and PvP. And that's good. As a newbie on a PvP server if you do a bit of both if you quest in khitai and kill or try to kill every player you meet it's fairly mangeable, fun and generates open-world (not to mention you should reach PvP 2 before level 80). Weapons, sadly i agree, are strictly PvE. But PvP gear still is really usefull for most classe, even though it hasn't been updated in like three years ! And that's the issue, PvP gear hasn't been updated while PvE gear has.

[...] and I hate minigames when I have to play against or with players who are useless.
    Personnaly i hate playing with high PvP ranked players who go cap lock and call people noobs all the god damn time while afk on rez pad or just before leaving the mini. Those are the players i really don't like playing with. Not undergeared players who tend to be the last to give up.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Personnaly i hate playing with high PvP ranked players who go cap lock and call people noobs all the god damn time while afk on rez pad or just before leaving the mini. Those are the players i really don't like playing with. Not undergeared players who tend to be the last to give up.
    I 100% agree with this. I have meet some noob players (not just low lvl but people that really dont move or fight good) but they try so hard to fight for objectives and only thing i can say to player such as that is to congratulate him.
    The other day i was in LT with pvp 10 bs in group, the other team didnt have healer but we lost in the end cause bs was going after kills. He ended up with 13/10 score and we lost heavily.

But the thing here is why would i be forced to do pve to do pvp. You said yourself that newbie in pvp server can do bit pvp and quest in khitai...
    Personally i dont want to do quests in khitai, and i dont want pve gear to be good in pvp.
    In my opinion stats on pve gear should be like pvp is. It has some part that affects pvp only and that way pve gear should work to. For instance trial of flame (which i use in pvp, that is only pve i did in this game) 100 magic dmg, and 55 pve magic dmg...
    I hope you get my drift
    I mean the other day i saw pvp 2 sin but in t4 gear do sneak attack and dww on pvp 9 demo and he died.
    Also it would be nice if pvp lvls and aa progression would be faster from doing pvp only.
    Last edited by Whalar; 29th March 2013 at 15:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    What i argue about isn't the core of what you said but the depth of the changes asked. I react to statement such as "you need to farm KK for AA", "you need to grind". The amount of gear you need to be okay on most class is pretty low and the gear gap often exagerated.

AA tries to induce a complementarity of PvE and PvP. And that's good. As a newbie on a PvP server if you do a bit of both if you quest in khitai and kill or try to kill every player you meet it's fairly mangeable, fun and generates open-world (not to mention you should reach PvP 2 before level 80)

(...)

after hitting lev 80 - if you dont play pve - you have to start playing pvp in a green gear, with no AA and really low AA gain rate in pvp. So if you need to boost your character fast- you need to go for KK runs, and in fact most of players are farming KK all the time after hiting 80.

you say that AA tries to induce a complementarity of PvE and PvP, and thats good. I totally disagree with you as I saw many players leaving because they didnt want to play pve at all and system rewards - pvp wise - players who play both. This is why I said that pvp AA gain should be similiar to pvp hardmode AA gain. I dont see a reason why pve activities should be more rewarding in pvp terms. Another thing is that for many classes khitai gear is as good or better as pvp t2 gear, and is much faster to get.

I hate playing against or with cowards as well but noone does so imo it is not an argument when we discuss lowbie power pvp wise.
    I want to say that char which hits pvp 80, lets say is pvp 2 as you said, has no AA - it will take him months or regular playing to be able to face and compete against veteran characters as yours or mine, lets say he needs 200 AA for a good start, which is nothing comparing to veteran AA - getting 200 AA will take him much more than 100 minis. And what if he doesnt want to play pve? - just tell him - you ve chosen wrong game, in this game you can progress faster with pve. I havent seen fresh 80 which would be able to compete against veterans in minis, obviously sometimes they are very useful - but they also suffer too much because of their characters arent developed enough. Power gap is again something which discourages them from playing tournament modes.

my pvp list of thinguies

.dts 125%crit damage buff needs to go from vom, also the insain amount of mana drain from cop

.nerf to t3 pve lvl's the protection in all soldier pvp armors its sole reason for their unjust immortality, adjust their armors to have crit rating isntead of the insain amount of protection it has

.nerf to oblivium demonologist waves of flame it crits for absurd amounts even without s.w. buffs

.nerf/remove assassins lotus overload it grants them passive immortality to magic damage and cc resistance

.bring back previous version of burst of aggression for conquerors this version is too op

.delete necrotic bombs, halve duration flesh to worms, decrease range of control minions by at least 25% for necromancers

.overall reduce protection on all tiers pvp armor and adjust it with added crit rating+crit damage rating, remove protection while granting more critigation+dps stats so pvp armors are comparable to t4 pve armors

.remove stagger or add resistance immunity buff.

.delete taking the shot perk for rangers and bring back prior revamp feats with bow/xbow diference and combo system

-------------------------------------""""""-------------------------

.1vs1 arenas with brackets 1-4pvp lvl and 5-10 pvp lvls with prowess and pvp xp gain for winner and looser,
    gain should be for winner same counter prowess as half of mastery a kk boss gives, and looser counter in prowess to what an epic kk epic mob gives in mastery.

places wich already exist should be turned in these arenas, namely khemi arena & sailors den in tarantia.
    would be great to have a diferent one in each hub city, maybe add some social gear rewards to be bought with pvp tokens from participating in them with diferent motifs kin to each hub city culture.

.2v2 arenas same as 1vs1 but with 2 players.

this place would be perfect http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3...antiaarena.jpg
    add an entrance to players to enter up above and add a sign up system by entry time in loc, meaning teams wanting in would be lounging above watching fight tagged pve while waiting their turn to be teleported down to fight
    there is also another place wich would be cool for it that arena you go to when clicking those fod totems(dont have screenshot)

.add a weekly update ranking system with something along these lines
    -biggest killer overall and by class
    -best healer
    -best flag carrier

.highest ranking players of each class would get to own a powerfull weapon wich:
    -would drop in combat with 50% chance of this happening
    -would have pvp combat only stats
    -would be rewarded/reseted weekly to biggest killer

-------------------------------""""""""""---------------------------
    guild based pvp objectives

-wanted dead player kill quests generated by guild officers

-steal from oposite guild cities quests

-destroy enemy guild city resources+buildings

-generic kill "x" amount of enemy guild members

-add vast amount of pvp xp/prowess to participating and winning a sieges

-make all guild buildings a tad more important in the bonus they grant by 0.5-1% max and make them easier to build so its conceivable to destroy them more often for pvp objectives

-add aliance tag to max 2-3 diferent guilds and make it so they are all properly tagged so sieges arent a "tab key" spamming inferno, also dont allow unallies to join sieges, forcing guilds to grow and make alliances

-add smaller open world objectives like small towers in predefined places in some zones so small guilds without many members can try and conquer and hold it

-have a monthly/bimonthly full reset of all battlekeeps to prevent stagnation
    ------------------------------------"""""""""""""""-----------------

-remove bori
    -remove all guards from every server
    -add pyre system from cimmerian end to all open pvp areas
    -vastly increase prowess gain so its comparable to mastery gain
    -improve all dodge(double tapping) mechanics so they are meaningfull in pvp again
    Last edited by noite80; 29th March 2013 at 17:04.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

1. Nothing in speed of AA gaining needs changing;
    2. Nothing in speed of PvP levels needs changing;
    3. PvE gear should have separate PvP statistics;
    4. The queues should be fixed;
    5. Implement visible K/D and add more visible statistics (arena ranking).
    +
    6. No changes to PvP gear requirements (i.e. PvP level 6 gear should be buyable at 6).
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcopthes View Post
    I totally disagree with you as I saw many players leaving because they didnt want to play pve at all and system rewards - pvp wise - players who play both.
    The game has been that way since april 2009, four years in a month. At one point you need to take it or leave it.

I completly understand not wanting to PvE much, not wanting to raid for instance, but with the current state of the game offering nearly only mini-games as PvP content not doing any PvE as a newcommer...

Like i said, i'm all for giving newcomers a boost to partially bridge the gap. But not either go too far that way.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

it would be still a success if they would drastically lower grind on so called 'hardcore pvp servers' i.e. adding +20 000 % pvp AA gain on rage and deathwish, more generated gold dropping from players ,faster pvp levelling and old minigame queue. I would make new toon there for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    I still say a system similar to Warhammer's system would be amazing in AoC. Make open-world PvP worth doing, even on PvE servers.
    How?
    I absolutely refuse to play in open world PvP hence i play on a PvE server. If you want that you play on a PvP server.
    Last edited by Scythie; 30th March 2013 at 17:52.
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

Quote Originally Posted by artreborn View Post
    *Lower requirements for PvP sets:
    Tier 1 PvP set - PvP level 1 and 2
    Tier 2 PvP set - PvP level 4 and 5
    Tier 3 PvP set - PvP level 7 and 8
    *Introduce a new system of transferring look of items for custom PvP looks at levels 9 and 10.
    *Add unlock-able titles after PvP level 10
    *Boost Prowess gain from mini-games at least by 100%

DO NOT ADD MORE PVP LEVELS!!!
    i like that

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast